JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably not considering the excellent input here. Though I didn't find out if there was a reasonably price rod that just drops in.
You dont need it, it wont improve anything. But Ive used this one, it works and doesnt cause jams and is slightly easier to field strip than a 2pc FLGR. $30 bucks.
I took mine back out and put the original GI rod back in.
Few years ago I bought a new Springfield 1911 and it came with a FLGR, I took it out and replaced it with a GI guide rod and its been a great pistol and field stripping is a breeze.

Are the same guide rods used in both 9mm and .45acp 1911s? Needs to come with a bushing too.
Not worth $45.00 to me after reading responses .
All of my research indicates that it makes no difference. My CQB Compact came with one, otherwise I prefer the standard.

You dont need it, it wont improve anything. But Ive used this one, it works and doesnt cause jams and is slightly easier to field strip than a 2pc FLGR. $30 bucks.
I took mine back out and put the original GI rod back in.
Few years ago I bought a new Springfield 1911 and it came with a FLGR, I took it out and replaced it with a GI guide rod and its been a great pistol and field stripping is a breeze.

"Out of Stock" :s0114: Apparently a few people believe in a FLGR!
I just need to practice take down a little more. I'm still cringing about the idiot mark. I did discover putting the safety on lessens the pressure on that plunger you have to overcome.

"Out of Stock" :s0114: Apparently a few people believe in a FLGR!
I just need to practice take down a little more. I'm still cringing about the idiot mark. I did discover putting the safety on lessens the pressure on that plunger you have to overcome.
They have one in stock that comes with their flat recoil spring. Or just wait a week, the plain FLGR will be back in stock.... wayyy too many people think they need one for them to stop selling those.

I have a Citadel (RIA) 9mm. It came with a FLGR. The 1st thing I did when I got it, was I ordered a standard GI guide rod and plug. Once it arrived, ai promptly ripped out the FLGR! 🤣
Why? I've heard leave it the way JMB built it, and now change it TO the way JMB built it. advantage/disadvantage

I always thought the concept of a 1911 in 9mm was a bit odd. Then I read about the history of the Commander and that the original design concept was for it to be 9mm, and it ended up being the first 9mm pistol built by Colt. So I changed my mind and just bought a Tisas B9 Carry. Will see how it goes when I take possession of it.

I always thought the concept of a 1911 in 9mm was a bit odd. Then I read about the history of the Commander and that the original design concept was for it to be 9mm, and it ended up being the first 9mm pistol built by Colt. So I changed my mind and just bought a Tisas B9 Carry. Will see how it goes when I take possession of it.
Many decades back there used to be a LOT of 1911's on the market in .38 Super. A lot of them were originally made for markets that could not own .45 ACP. They were cheap enough to be very tempting. At the time there was pretty much one load to be had for the round which left a lot to be desired. I soon found that if you rolled your own you could have a REALLY impressive defensive pistol with these. 9mm was the same. For a long time there was not much to find and us common folk could not just order ammo. Now? the 9 has come a LONG way and has easy to find nice offerings. A 1911 in this round looks FAR better now than it did when I was a kid.

I seem to remember those being popular on the competition circuit due to the reduced recoil. Especially in custom loads and tweaked guns.
For a while there was some VERY high end 1911's in .38Super. They were REALLY high end. Mexico used to allow their people to own hand guns but not Military calibers. So Colt made a ton of 1911's for them in .38 Super. when they told them no more owning guns they were sold in the US and a LOT of them were in really nice shape and sold very cheap. Few wanted them mainly do to the very slim choice of ammo. The round had a LOT of potential though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews