JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Help me spend my money, should I get a 45 ACP Sig220 Elite in DA/SA?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No, Alec Baldwin killed a woman with a Sig, and are known to have gone off on their own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Sig220?

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
I don't know from suppressors but can say the P-220's are awesome guns. I had the .45acp but due to an economic down turn had to sell it and regretted it. Now life is better so I have the 10mm which I like very much.

I don't know from suppressors but can say the P-220's are awesome guns. I had the .45acp but due to an economic down turn had to sell it and regretted it. Now life is better so I have the 10mm which I like very much.
I considered the 10mm, but it be the only one and I don't really want to stock the ammo.

Years ago I put a ton of money getting my series 70 Colt to shoot accurate for the IPSC matches. Gunshop guy talked me into buying a Sig 220 and sure enough it was a lot more accurate than the Colt.

My biggest gripe with Sig is the cost of magazines. You really don't need many but Sig discontinued models and quit making magazines. I won't own a semi with low round capacity without having 4 total magazines. You are already limited in rounds so without extra mags a man is neutered. :s0140:

ANY SIG 220 is worth adding for any reason. My German 220 is the best .45 pistol I have ever owned/used/carried/etc., even more than my 1911's (and I like 1911's, don't get me wrong). Still, yeah, go for it.

1696549486476.png

Me.....I enjoy my M1911s BETTER than my Sig 220. But, no suppressors are being used on/with them. So.......

Aloha, Mark

I wouldn't mind a SAO 220... I don't think I'd whip out the cash for a DA/SA model though. Gotta get that sweet sweet trigger and I don't shoot double action anyway

Far be it from any of us to tell you not to buy a gun. I mean, we are nothing here if not enablers. :) The question, however, is what would Plan B be? If not the P220, then what?

To that end, I'm big fan of the M&P 45. And the FN stable has always intrigued me for 45's but I don't have any direct experience with them. HK makes a 45...but I've never really been much of a HK fan. YMMV.

But the P220 is a great gun for sure if you're ok with the SA/DA platform. I'd go the SAO route myself but there are no bad choices here.

Far be it from any of us to tell you not to buy a gun. I mean, we are nothing here if not enablers. :) The question, however, is what would Plan B be? If not the P220, then what?

To that end, I'm big fan of the M&P 45. And the FN stable has always intrigued me for 45's but I don't have any direct experience with them. HK makes a 45...but I've never really been much of a HK fan. YMMV.

But the P220 is a great gun for sure if you're ok with the SA/DA platform. I'd go the SAO route myself but there are no bad choices here.
Honestly, the Sig is plan B. I talked myself out of buying an Alchemy Prime Elite.

Why? Because it's $3500? I've ALMOST bit on a couple custom 1911s at that price range recently...
Sort of. More because I think I want it just to have it. I think I'd enjoy having it, but I've already got two Wilson's. I recently sold my 90s Python because I just wasn't shooting it. Hit me up if you're interested in that Alchemy though. A dealer has it for $3550 without bidding.

I've had both a DA/SA, and a SAO. Liked them both, and still have the SAO. For what I use them for (mainly range shooting) I liked the SAO better.

As coop44 suggested, you can swap the barrel if you want a suppressor host. I considered doing just that for one or two of my 45ACP handguns (including the 220), but then found a good deal on a 1911 that had a threaded barrel and the taller sights new from the factory, with a decent trigger. I've been happy with it, so haven't done the barrel swap on the others yet.

All the p series Sigs I've owned or own (a couple 220s, an early 226 I wish I still had, an early 228, and a 229 in 9mm) have impressed me.