JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the $1500 ish price range, I probably wouldn't spend that much and would pick a Ruger.
We have a Ruger SR1911 in 45 and it's a very solid, accurate gun. I would expect the 10mm version to be no different.

Stay away from the Turkish BS. Some seem to be great, others are dumpster fires. Every Girsan I've handled has been a giant POS you couldn't pay me to shoot. Sloppy slide, loose barrel, cheap finish.

"We have a Ruger SR1911 in 45 and it's a very solid, accurate gun. I would expect the 10mm version to be no different."

... and, it has a ramped barrel.

Beyond my hack level.
1712628105503.png

Stay away from the Turkish BS. Some seem to be great, others are dumpster fires. Every Girsan I've handled has been a giant POS you couldn't pay me to shoot. Sloppy slide, loose barrel, cheap finish.
Have you shot any or just handled some? I always took the girsans below tisas but my experience is very limited

Have you shot any or just handled some? I always took the girsans below tisas but my experience is very limited
I don't want to shoot them. 1911s shouldn't have a barrel I can wiggle at the breech and and muzzle when locked in battery. There are several threads on this forum where people seem very excited about their new pistol which happens to be a Girsan of some flavor. A week or so later, they say it malfunctions a lot and CS won't help them.

I've heard great things about Tisas and liked them at the range, however people tend to get Tisas and Girsan confused so I just recommend against Turkish pistols outside of canik wholesale.

I don't want to shoot them. 1911s shouldn't have a barrel I can wiggle at the breech and and muzzle when locked in battery. There are several threads on this forum where people seem very excited about their new pistol which happens to be a Girsan of some flavor. A week or so later, they say it malfunctions a lot and CS won't help them.

I've heard great things about Tisas and liked them at the range, however people tend to get Tisas and Girsan confused so I just recommend against Turkish pistols outside of canik wholesale.
I Own DW, Colt, SA, Sig, Kimber and SW 1911s. I have a Tisas inbound to try out. Specifically the Night Stalker in 9mm. I will report back.

I need to get on the DW train at some point. They just don't offer anything I didn't already have or fill gaps... Still a want, though

No experience with the 10mm here but why not consider the Glock 20? Seems like a great "Woods & Bear" gun.
Because it isn't a 1911 like the OP wants?

I own several 10mm and while the Glock 20 is a good one, it's also nothing special. Oh, it's the size of a small car, though.

Cant go wrong with the current suggestions but I would pick the Dan Wesson.

Another option that seems more customizable to order is Fusion Firearms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top