JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lets say you had everything you *needed*, but you are thinking ahead as to what could be blocked by executive order or banned with legislation. Say right after a mass shooting and suddenly you can't buy anything (because everyone else is grabbing everything about to be banned/restricted).

You are thinking, what can I get now that will enable me to trade later for firearm related stuff I might want in the future. I am curious what other folks think would be restricted/banned and have the most trade value later.

Edit #1. Someone noted ammo. It is possible (but I think less likely) for an ammo ban.

Edit #2. Some people are taking this as either I am asking about (or they are presuming) a SHFT type situation is going to happen on or shortly after Jan 21.

Personally I am not expecting SHFT or economic collapse on Jan 21, just a 2A hostile administration where existing stuff isn't banned to own, just importation/new manufacturing is banned.

Edit #3. Lets keep in mind I am talking $2k here. I hope no one thinks that is a retirement fund.

Last Edited:
January 19--One-way--First Class--Portland to St. Lucia

1609898711177.png

I've been buying as many semi auto weapons as my paycheck can handle, along with mags. I feel like anything 20+ will be a target, maybe smaller. I saw a Democrat win this year as soon as Trump was sworn in but I didn't buy everything I wanted. Bought an M82A1 this summer and have an X95 on the way, might spend a couple hundred more on mags when I pick it up. They might ban online ammo sales, but not ammo sales entirely so that's not something I'm as concerned by.

You could always buy precious metals but I think the boat has sailed on that one. Liquor, cigarettes, really anything addicts would give their left nut for when they're jonesing..... Coffee too. If you're a coffee drinker, you will miss a hot cup on a cold day.

Food, water is essential. If you can't think of anything else to buy, buy what you'll literally die without.

Or maybe you want stocks? Can't help you there, I'm just a working stiff who missed a lot of boats and picked bad apples

Nothing. Firearms bases are covered. Plowing funds into investments for the next stage in our life. Boring, yes, but the truth.

This.

Folks whom don't have firearms bases covered, AND are enthusiasts are kinda screwed at this point. If they have needs to fill, it'll be at current market. No way around such.

The one thing folks might consider beefing up on, if they are not already? Parts & consumables. Take another look at what you have on hand OP, what may fail or want replacing etc for whatever it is you use.

Beef up said, however, stay within reason! You won't need a dozen "oops" small parts kits, if you only run a few AR platform firearms. However have a few. etc.

Similar goes towards accessories upgrades, after you have the parts & consumables bases covered.

Accessories upgrades which you may have had been considering, however not a NEED. Optics as an oversimplified bigger ticket type purchase here. May be worth your while to check pricing & buy now, vs putting off such towards an unknown future.

Again tho, on accessories, only if you had considered such & such upgrades at some point anyways.

ie trying out different slings & such. The list can be rather large, depending upon what one enjoys doing, or may be considering in the future...

As an INVESTMENT tho? NOPE! More as a dollar cost offset for things you will more likely use & enjoy, AND be able to purchase now.

Vs either price increases or being unavailable in an unknown future. Or both.

Again tho, not an investment.

Investment wise, Bitcoin is super volatile but is currently on the rise at a very fast pace. If we are talking firearms then ammo and high capacity magazines.

I'm kinda hoping that I can afford to invest in one of Biden's progeny...
.... I think China will sell one of Hunter's nose hairs and a millisecond of his daddy's time for $2000 .:eek:

The one thing folks might consider beefing up on, if they are not already? Parts & consumables.

"For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail."

― Benjamin Franklin

Some bottles of hooch and a pile of bud. Isn't that why these shops were left open? Plus, if I overdo it, I am a much more compliant subject.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top