JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A toothbrush is a good investment if you learn how to use it and use it. Same way with a defensive firearm, it can save your life if you invest the time and money to learn how to use it.

You can make money buying and selling guns in the right market, Oregon is a failing market with too many restrictions. If you want to invest in buying and selling then move to a free market state. Democrats of Oregon have ruined the free market here.

As an investment, no.
As for the enjoyment, yes.
Even this guy ran into problems all the time, and he made a fortune.

1000001453.jpg

The current environment is a good example of why a person might not want to use firearms as an investment.

The economy is softening at the same time gun sales are softening. If your savings were tied up in firearms and you needed to liquidate them, you're likely going to have difficulty doing so.

A toothbrush is a good investment if you learn how to use it and use it. Same way with a defensive firearm, it can save your life if you invest the time and money to learn how to use it.

You can make money buying and selling guns in the right market, Oregon is a failing market with too many restrictions. If you want to invest in buying and selling then move to a free market state. Democrats of Oregon have ruined the free market here.
^^^^^
Every word of this post is absolutely spot on. Excellent post, Longwalk.

The current environment is a good example of why a person might not want to use firearms as an investment.

The economy is softening at the same time gun sales are softening. If your savings were tied up in firearms and you needed to liquidate them, you're likely going to have difficulty doing so.
They key part is current environment. News/information older than 2 weeks is about worthless. Conditions are that fluid.

We have governors (New Mexico) trying to trump up emergency senerios so they can override the constitution. Thankfully that didn't work, this time. World wide actions show that in a matter of hours threats arrive that government can't handle. People with no interest (in denial) of the value of firearms today will be willing to pay/barter a premium in a true emergency.

I hope that unlikely emergency never comes. I won't sell my firearms under current conditions and would rather gift them to a worthy person than take a big loss.

Firearms are a horrible "investment" as stated many times in previous posts.

I agree that a better "investment" would be ammo (as stated previously). Remember when 22LR was $0.03 per round? You probably could not find it at $0.05 now. You may say, "whoopie, $0.02 increase. WHOOPIE!!!" Think about the 500 round box. 500 x .03 = $15.00. 500 x .05 = $25.00. Now, it's closer to .08 to .10 per round? Remember when .22 was impossible to find? I remember selling a few thousand rounds at $0.12 per round. My post was up for *maybe* 30 mins and I sold it all, and yes, it was nearly all purchased at Bi-Mart sale prices ($0.02-$0.03 per round).

Look at .223/5.56, 40S&W, 7.62x39. Remember .223 being "for sale" around $0.20 per round? Go to ammoseek.com and check it out now.

If you don't want to stockpile a bunch of ammo, buy reloading components - IE: primers, powder. Remember the "primer shortage"? GunBroker was SELLING bricks for $1000+. Heck, I can remember when a brick of LRP (large rifle primers) were $12.50. Now they are $80'ish. Powder used to be right around $20 per pound (for H110/W296), and that was "covid prices". Now try find it for less than $30-$40.

Yeah, firearms as an "investment"? No. For fun/protection? Absolutely. You can hope to find someone selling low so you can buy low. Then if/when you do *need* to sell, you may be able to break even - maybe even make a buck or two.

As mentioned before, how long do you plan on hanging onto it before "flipping" it?

Just my $0.02.

:s0155:

Last Edited:
Look who woke up a old thread.
When it comes to firearms, and ammo. Not sure how this thread continues.
I started using a firearm in the late/mid 70's And to date everything is 100x more.
I was looking at some 7.62x39 that I never buy as I have 10's of thousands bought at may 199.99
for a case. I looked yesterday and the cheap stuff is like 500-600 area.
In a country where everyone has a firearm. I think the issue will be ammo.
But to invest and sell. No way. So investing for your own future. For resale not so much.
As its not worth the effort to hold inventor a few years to gain 200 a case.
I could by stock and make 10x that in a few days.

I started using a firearm in the late/mid 70's And to date everything is 100x more.
I was looking at some 7.62x39 that I never buy as I have 10's of thousands bought at may 199.99
But to invest and sell. No way. So investing for your own future. For resale not so much.
The ammo is all Russian/Ukrainian war wrelated and the ban on Russian imports screwed that pooch.

The ammo is all Russian/Ukrainian war wrelated and the ban on Russian imports screwed that pooch.
Yes 100% . I wont sell, not because I am hording. Just I am passing down the ammo because I know it wont ever be cheap again.
Also that way when Russia invades I have commie ammo to take from the Cold Dead Hands and reuse.
I mean I believe in recycling. So willing to do my part, as I am a people person.;)

"Look who woke up a old thread."

I do what I can. My motto is "No Thread Is Dead Unless It's Red." :)

1000002975.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR