JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The movie is ok, the book is better, they both end with the same "pulled from the authors backside twist" of previously undisclosed super solders. And I'm totally not kidding, like out of nowhere these X-men level unstoppable killing death machines show up and have a huge fight that 'explains' everything
Yeah that is butt critter plot device. Author must be punished. Death by bunga?

If history has taught us anything, it won't be a war on American soil, or Chinese soil, or any rich developed nation's soil. It'll be fought in the Middle East (Pakistan mainly), Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other East Asian nations. Japan and South Korea would undoubtably be major American Allies in a war with China along with Europe and India in a world war situation, but as tends to happen in a world war situation countries take the opportunity to settle up old scores. India and Pakistan, Japan and China, S/N Korea, Ukraine/European Union and Russia, American/Canada and China. This war would have many battlefields and would prominently be fought on the oceans of the world, aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines and endless gun boats up and down every delta and river. Holding major ports for war goods would be a major necessity for every and any country involved. Numbers are good for nothing if you can't land your troops.

Gregory
In naval warfare, a smaller fleet of superior quality ships is not a way to victory. The side with the most ships almost always wins.

While the US expected an attack by the japs, they didn't expect Pearl Harbor. They watched and studied us for many years to know just exactly when and where to attack. CCP is still monitoring everything we do by spying on us. We help them do it plus we by their goods to finance their war machine. We even sell them our oil reserves.
How did that turn out for Japan?

-E-

Video I watched a few weeks ago discussing the difficulties of an invasion of the North American continent and the U.S. in specific.

-E-

-E-
My college major was not History, but part of the required General Education component was to have a certain number of credits in "History" classes.

I was excited to be able to take an entire Semester on "History of WW2 in the Pacific"!! :)

For many months or even a year the Japanese had been transmitting messages regularly to their troops to start the 'bombing of Pearl (harbor)'. We intercepted all of the messeges and nothing ever happened.

At some point, the messages were just ignored as meaningless. They were meaningless because they did not include a subtle clue. When the subtle clue was added we missed it. The rest is history.

Another interesting factoid I learned was that the Japanese were aware that Pearl Harbor was a fairly shallow harbor.

They knew that the torpedos they dropped by aircraft would hit the surface and then submerge to become stuck in the bottom.

So, they added plywood sheets to the torpedoes to break their fall on the water's surface and keep them afloat.

Fascinating stuff.

In naval warfare, a smaller fleet of superior quality ships is not a way to victory. The side with the most ships almost always wins.
That may have been true back in the day. Satellite surveillance, remote targeting, and precision guided, long range munitions may have changed the equation. It's no longer ship on ship. The next war will be nothing like past wars. The conventional wisdom no longer applies.

My college major was not History, but part of the required General Education component was to have a certain number of credits in "History" classes.

I was excited to be able to take an entire Semester on "History of WW2 in the Pacific"!! :)

For many months or even a year the Japanese had been transmitting messages regularly to their troops to start the 'bombing of Pearl (harbor)'. We intercepted all of the messeges and nothing ever happened.

At some point, the messages were just ignored as meaningless. They were meaningless because they did not include a subtle clue. When the subtle clue was added we missed it. The rest is history.

Another interesting factoid I learned was that the Japanese were aware that Pearl Harbor was a fairly shallow harbor.

They knew that the torpedos they dropped by aircraft would hit the surface and then submerge to become stuck in the bottom.

So, they added plywood sheets to the torpedoes to break their fall on the water's surface and keep them afloat.

Fascinating stuff.
Turns out the Japanese attack didn't go as planned, they had a lot of problems and mistakes. I watched a great technical show on the attack that had so many things I didn't know.

The torpedo planes practiced in shallow waters for the attack and found they had to fly 150mph and 30 feet off the water. Low and slow. Nose of the plane had to have a 10 degree incline as the torpedo was dropped.

Because of a screw up there was so much smoke the torpedo planes couldn't identify their targets and a number of torpedo were launched at the same targets. Really interesting stuff as the show had survivors on both side talk about how it all went down.

In this age of technology when the CCP strikes us we will lose a lot more than 4,000.

Edited to add, Netflix has minute by minute attack on Pearl Harbor you will find interesting.

Last Edited:
The movie is ok, the book is better, they both end with the same "pulled from the authors backside twist" of previously undisclosed super solders. And I'm totally not kidding, like out of nowhere these X-men level unstoppable killing death machines show up and have a huge fight that 'explains' everything
I liked "The Postman" movie but I guess I should read the book to compare.

-E-
It was lucky that none of our aircraft carriers were in Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked. If the aircraft carriers were there it would have have made the attack more devastating so the war possibly last longer. Or worst case the Americans would have left Hawaii for the West Coast and Alaska but the Japanese did invade the Aleutian Islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands_campaign

It was lucky that none of our aircraft carriers were in Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked.
"Lucky"

Wink.gif

Anything is possible, I won't say it couldn't happen. But tactically it would be a huge loss of manpower and equipment. First off we'd know they were coming, they certainly aren't going to go west through Europe or Middle East, just not feasible. None of those countries would allow thousands of planes carrying troops through their airspace, it also wouldn't be feasible transportation wise, so the other option is going East towards our West Coast, and Japan is our Ally so they also wouldn't just let China walk through their airspace. The cost/logistical aspects of not only transporting millions troops (which would be needed minimum) , along with all necessary support troops that are necessary for any army to exist on foreign soil, along with any kind of heavy armor, also a logistical nightmare, it just isn't realistic. Not to mention astronomical amount of supplies millions of tons.

Also, it's worth mentioning, America, unlike any other country in the world, especially not China, has permanent Military bases all over the world in different countries.

Again, we'd know they were coming well before they put the first troop on a plane, lots of time to prepare. Our whole navy would be on high alert, Edit: (wrong number) hundreds of submarines, aircraft carriers, destroyers and all in between ships. It would be a slaughter before they ever reached the West Coast, if they ever reached the West Coast. There would be a protracted ocean battle that would most likely last months. If, a big if, they reached our coast, talk about an absolutely bloody and costly battle of attrition. The full might of the American/Canadian/Mexican military on home soil with time to prepare, I don't care how many or how good Chinese soldiers are, they would be destroyed wave after wave.

The only real way to truly attack the US and create a real beach head which to then move outwards against what would be an extremely hostile and well armed civilian force and land diversity would be to use nukes.

I'd love too hear your strategic reasoning why you think it would be on US soil, but as someone who loves to read war strategy and understands true cost analysis of war and the support necessary to wage one. I do not believe you are correct.

Gregory
While I agree, at least logistically, it won't be a conventional boots on the ground war. A couple of well places EMP's will render AmeriKa useless and unable to defend itself.

Then the real fun begins. Me, you and every able bodied AmeriKan will need to take up arms and defend the homeland…

I need more 5.56 green tip…

Col Douglas MacGregor did a video on modern warfare that explains how the war with Russia is being fought.

If you realize the CCP is spying with every technology they have and then listen to how modern wars are being fought then you can figure what you may need when it comes here.

Here is 35 minutes on the Ukraine war, pay particular attention toward the end about the tanks we are sending.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top