JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The US is in the process of revamping its economy and trade entirely
Well, at least on the surface, this concept seems to be in direct conflict with the current "free stuff era." Of course it's always possible that the immigration flood will fill the labor gap. But how long before the new arrivals get the word about free stuff?

I've never seen so many "now hiring" signs in business windows. The local school district can't find enough bus drivers at $32 an hour. It might be that split shift thing. I went up to the asst. manager at our local Fred Meyer store to ask her a question, and before I could get a word out, she said, "Are you looking for a job?" At age 73, I said I'd pass but on the other hand, I see plenty of elders working at Walmart and Home Depot. And younger but broken-down and spazzed-out types you'd never think stood a chance of getting hired a few years ago.

Well, at least on the surface, this concept seems to be in direct conflict with the current "free stuff era." Of course it's always possible that the immigration flood will fill the labor gap. But how long before the new arrivals get the word about free stuff?

I've never seen so many "now hiring" signs in business windows. The local school district can't find enough bus drivers at $32 an hour. It might be that split shift thing. I went up to the asst. manager at our local Fred Meyer store to ask her a question, and before I could get a word out, she said, "Are you looking for a job?" At age 73, I said I'd pass but on the other hand, I see plenty of elders working at Walmart and Home Depot. And younger but broken-down and spazzed-out types you'd never think stood a chance of getting hired a few years ago.
Everyone is having trouble finding workers. I hear it all the time. So where will these new defense industry workers come from?

Everyone is having trouble finding workers. I hear it all the time. So where will these new defense industry workers come from?
They are going to use the extras from the I-5 crossing and when Portland's world record breaking freak show wraps up, those Dudes will jump in and help.

Last Edited:
It's a ruse. Don't fall for it!

"There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent."

Lao Tzu
That is a very famous quote from The Art of War by Sun Tzu, not from Tao Te Ching, often credited to Lao Tzu. Both are ancient Chinese works of wisdom and philosophy that date from roughly 500 BCE and 300-500 BCE respectively.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top