JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sending more of our depleted soldiers and hardware to the Middle East as Ten Thousand insurgents a day are ushered across the southern border.
What could go wrong?

No - no "invasion" per se

Saboteurs/sleepers? Sure you betcha.

The PRC has secret police stations here now: https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...et-chinese-police-stations-in-us-says-report/

Spies? Wake up - catch them every day. Some are our own people (mostly for the $).

Cyber attacks? Absolutely.

Supply chain interruptions? Yes.

Not sure what the gov is doing about saboteurs/sleepers, but the rest they are aware of and doing something. Cyber attacks on infrastructure and saboteurs are probably the biggest threats.

I can not forsee the pacific coast being stormed by anybody else's forces.
The only "alien invasion" is the one that has been pouring over our southern border for many years now.

I think if there is a nuke strike, it will be sudden and involve the Seattle-Tacoma area, and possibly Frisco and LA on the west coast. Likely there would be pockets that would be emp'd and have no power.

Likely it would involve our INLAND MISSLE batteries, many US Bases, and several of our remote military bases. The East coast could see several detonations as well. Of course, DC.

No special preps needed in my opinion, just food, medicines, a way to make power and a way to purify water. Many ways to protect what is left....
Be a good neighbor, that sort of thing. The way in which you respond to a crisis will forever define you as a big hero or a big zero. Be a hero.
Good Post @bumpus. All good thoughts. I think you are good in Medford.

Some Additional Info:

Seen some comments about Potassium Iodide tablets...
.Save those for the Under 45 years old crowd unless you have plenty for everyone.

I'd specifically save those for the youngest people in your group. They are the most at risk to thyroid cancers from i131 uptake. An older guy may fare better with an exposure of i131 which is a common radioisotope in the first 10 days after a detonation. The Postassium Iodide is taken up by the thyroid to the point of saturation (leaving no room for uptake of i131. Unfortunately, it does nothing to protect against other radioisotopes like St90 and cs137.

Older folks cells are no longer undergoing rapid growth (like a childs) so even if they take a hit of ionizing radiation, they probably will have a longer lag time before they have issues from it than a child actively growing would.

Last Edited:
Face it, if the war goes nuclear there ain't many safe places remaining. Even FEMA admits that.

And given your avatar and your location, which is across the river from mine, you're pretty much correct...

And given your avatar and your location, which is across the river from mine, you're pretty much correct...
I can not forsee the pacific coast being stormed by anybody else's forces.
The only "alien invasion" is the one that has been pouring over our southern border for many years now.

I think if there is a nuke strike, it will be sudden and involve the Seattle-Tacoma area, and possibly Frisco and LA on the west coast. Likely there would be pockets that would be emp'd and have no power.

Likely it would involve our INLAND MISSLE batteries, many US Bases, and several of our remote military bases. The East coast could see several detonations as well. Of course, DC.

No special preps needed in my opinion, just food, medicines, a way to make power and a way to purify water. Many ways to protect what is left....
Be a good neighbor, that sort of thing. The way in which you respond to a crisis will forever define you as a big hero or a big zero. Be a hero.
Russia has an estimated just under 6000 Nuclear warheads bumpus. I can't say how many are Tactical vs Strategic (ICBM's- internet says 1500+), how many are being serviced or not operable due to lack of service, or even where they are directed: but that Intel plant out in Hillsboro would be a target IMO. A single warhead would fire up all of our Pac. NW wood framed buildings that didn't fall down due to the blast.

As far as the circles in the map of New York (above), why would anyone think a only single ICBM would be directed at NY? Why not 5-10 spread out and some air burst and some ground burst? They have a torpedo that cavitates to supersonic speed, toss one of those in as well right up the harbor. https://www.naval-technology.com/features/featurethe-allure-of-supercavitating-torpedoes-5838643/

It is in our interest to avoid this at all costs. Ukraine is not in our strategic interests. That we've tossed shy of $200 billion down that sheit hole is insane. Unless you are an "oligarch" of course.

Last Edited:
but that Intel plant out in Hillsboro would be a target IMO
The Puget Sound is the primary target of the PNW, Portland is secondary due its population and being a port - so if there is a second round sent, Portland would be one of the targets.

Our missiles are supposed to be quite accurate, not so much the Russians. So, their missiles could fall short or long or to one side or another, and hit all around Portland, from the coast to the Cascades, from Chehalis to Salem, or farther afield.

My understanding is that Mrv's will spend a trio of warheads over specific targets. They don't want to turn everything to dust here, there are valuable resources at stake. Levelling strategic military installations and ports and airports will be priorities.

It'd be pretty easy to cripple N/S supply lines with a few explosions on I-5 bridge and the i205 span which could be done by a vehicle loaded with fertilizer. Without those things will slow significantly in the PNW.

A key consideration will be wind directions, since much of the damage will likely be from fallout. The folks in target areas will never know what hit them, but the folks downwind for long stretches will know, and it will be a brutal end in their case.

More than likely when the strike comes it will be coupled with emp in certain areas. With no power and nuke strikes at strategic sites, it will be a rough go no matter how you slice it.

What to Stock Up On.jpg

The Puget Sound is the primary target of the PNW, Portland is secondary due its population and being a port - so if there is a second round sent, Portland would be one of the targets.

Our missiles are supposed to be quite accurate, not so much the Russians. So, their missiles could fall short or long or to one side or another, and hit all around Portland, from the coast to the Cascades, from Chehalis to Salem, or farther afield.
I'm not familiar with current accuracy of Russian missiles, but 40 years back, when it was discussed that US missiles were more accurate, the accuracy of USSR products would be off by 100-200 yards MAX. So they'll be landing where they are targeted unless we have some magic wand. Of course as you say, Puget sound would be a much bigger target, the list why that is true is very long. However, assuming the Russians have 1500 operational ICBM's, and there are only 50 states to distribute those 1500 missiles, we can sleep easy knowing that we all are looking at the same BS coming our way, more or less, given that 50 divided by 1500 means each state could easily get 30 warheads. Assuming that Washington, being a better state, would attract more than Portland, lets say that they get their 30 and a few more for good luck, that leaves quite a few for Oregon. Certainly some states, like Minnesota, would not require as many, where as California would need a few extra. At that point we are all dead or wishing we were.

To stock up on: water filters and food are top of the pile, but it could be a long, long list. For instance, I have a big roll of thick clear plastic and duct tape. I also have a 2nd set of shoes under my bed. Even if it's Cascadia Event, broken windows aren't something I want to walk barefoot on at 2 am or whenever it hits. Taping over the windows as to keep the winter storms out is a thing, and I have enough left over for the neighbors too.

I'm not familiar with current accuracy of Russian missiles, but 40 years back, when it was discussed that US missiles were more accurate, the accuracy of USSR products would be off by 100-200 yards MAX.
That is still the case. But our own calculations indicate that a Russian nuke would need to land only about 600 yards from a silo to destroy our own ICBM. So the Russkis' nukes are plenty accurate enough, even if they are less accurate than they were 40 years ago.

However, assuming the Russians have 1500 operational ICBM's, and there are only 50 states to distribute those 1500 missiles, we can sleep easy knowing that we all are looking at the same BS coming our way, more or less, given that 50 divided by 1500 means each state could easily get 300 warheads.
FIFY... ;)

The current production Russian ICBM (the RS-24 Yars) is equipped with between 6 to 10 MIRV warheads, with each MIRV having a yield of 150 kilotons (that's 10X the Hiroshima bomb). So that means that those 1,500 missiles will be raining down not 1,500 warheads, but up to 15,000 warheads. And each of those MIRVs are ten times as powerful as the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima. So, instead of 30 warheads per state (on average), it would average out to 300 warheads per state, with each one being 10X the power of the Hiroshima bomb. Bottom line is we're still all phuq'd...

Last Edited:
That, WD-40 and a pair of Channel Locks will solve 90 percent of Life's Problems. ;)

That is still the case. But our own calculations indicate that a Russian nuke would need to land only about 600 yards from a silo to destroy our own ICBM.

FIFY... ;)

The current production Russian ICBM (the RS-24 Yars) is equipped with between 6 to 10 MIRV warheads, with each MIRV having a yield of 150 kilotons (that's 10X the Hiroshima bomb). So that means that those 1,500 missiles will be raining down not 1,500 warheads, but up to 15,000 warheads. And each of those MIRVs are ten times as powerful as the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima. So, instead of 30 warheads per state (on average), it would 300 warheads per state, with each one 10X the power of the Hiroshima bomb. And the accuracy of the RS-24 is ~150 meters, or about 165 yards, so bottom line is we're still all phuq'd...

Certainly some states, like Minnesota, would not require as many, where as California would need a few extra. At that point we are all dead or wishing we were.
We'll see what happens - if it happens - hopefully not - hopefully leaders and military are not that crazy.

I've not understood people who say they won't prep for a nuke. We don't know what will happen in that scenario; it might be limited, it might be Earth's surface turned to glass. If you survive and don't want to live, well there are pretty easy and mostly painless ways to end your suffering (I have enough muscle relaxants and opioids - legally prescribed - to go to sleep and never wake up in that case).

As for Portland/etc. - my understanding is that "secondary" targets are targeted in a second wave - and that wave may not happen. Also, if the missiles are precise to less than a mile, then being upwind of them - say on in the coastal mountain range - might be far enough away to survive - depending on the payload.

It isn't so much their claimed precision as much as the assumption that they are the typical poorly made and maintained Russian weapon.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top