JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Google "Rachel Corrie". (Pnw resident, too).

I walked out of the play at the Seattle Rep when they produced it and cancelled my season tickets.
I've known several Evergreen State students. To say they are all very liberal would be an understatement.
The idiocy that Corrie demonstrated in thinking that (1) the dozer operator could see her, and (2) that the dozer operator was going to stop for her, is staggering. A pure case of FAFO.

I am watching, "The Crisis Report" which is running on YouTube. He just reports the news and he doesn't get too political.

It really astonishes me that Israel didn't follow the Swiss example and send the service weapon back home with the departing soldier when they left their mandatory military service. I mean a rifle, cleaning kit, ammo, mags and a lock box or two in every home would have gone a long way to shut this down before it got started.
I know. You do see some people walking around with rifles but they are either still in the military or they are from one of the settlements. I've been over there many times and am still shocked at how strictly guns are controlled. I personally think every Israeli should have one-or more-for defense.

I know. You do see some people walking around with rifles but they are either still in the military or they are from one of the settlements. I've been over there many times and am still shocked at how strictly guns are controlled. I personally think every Israeli should have one-or more-for defense.
If you a get a permit in Israel I believe you are limited to 50 rounds of ammunition only. With a M4 or a Tavor you carry a full load out of seven 30 round magazines at least. 6 spares and one in the rifle.

If you a get a permit in Israel I believe you are limited to 50 rounds of ammunition only. With a M4 or a Tavor you carry a full load out of seven 30 round magazines at least. 6 spares and one in the rifle.
Heck, I think I've got at least 50 rounds in each glove box in my cars. And that's before I get to the door panels.

Hamas now claiming it was a "preemptive" attack claiming Israel was going to attack after the holidays.

Screenshot_20231012-100324.png

how much ammo you can have is limited. if all house holds had firearms I think the damage from Hamas would have been far far less. I hope that they change the gun laws.
I dunno. Even if every household had, under their laws, a handgun with 50rnds... I doubt it would make much difference against military grade automatic firearms and would be an effort in futility.

They are relaxing the laws. They first upped the round count to 100, but not even 24hrs later they announced they would be handing out 10,000 assault rifles to citizen security members. Vowing that every settlement would be provided the ability to defend themselves

On top of the rifles they are also issuing them helmets and body armor.

Not even too long ago we saw the same thing happen in another country with strict gun control laws that reversed course and opened the flood gates.... handing out assault weapons to anyone wanting one... not to mention... not only teaching them but encouraging their population to construct and use molotov's and improvised explosives.... didn't we!

Gun control is all fine and dandy until the unthinkable happens and you suddenly discover you have turned your population into helpless victims and lack the ability to protect them. They are making a step in the right direction, but for the time being all they'll have is armed citizens unfamiliar with their new weapons, low proficiency and lacking really even the most basic of training.

Already having a standing militia in place (like in the U.S.) is really what might have actually made a difference before things even had a chance to turn as ugly as it has.

Gun control is all fine and dandy until the unthinkable happens and you suddenly discover you have turned your population into helpless victims and lack the ability to protect them.

Isn't it like that saying (something like).....

"A Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn't been mugged, yet."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Hamas now claiming it was a "preemptive" attack claiming Israel was going to attack after the holidays.
Why share Hamas propaganda in a thread positing what might happen here if the US disallows or limits an educated and well armed populace. I've tried to keep an open mind about your posts but I really am puzzled at the message you are trying to send. Personally, it's seems to illustrate a very thin veneer of knowledge.

Bottomline to me is that the Second Amendment is intended, among other things, to allow citizens the means to protect themselves against tyranny and aggression. Keeping it active and robust is the message I'm taking from this thread. Terrorists deserve neither compassion nor understanding beyond learning what it takes to kill them.

Why share Hamas propaganda in a thread positing what might happen here if the US disallows or limits an educated and well armed populace. I've tried to keep an open mind about your posts but I really am puzzled at the message you are trying to send. Personally, it's seems to illustrate a very thin veneer of knowledge.

Bottomline to me is that the Second Amendment is intended, among other things, to allow citizens the means to protect themselves against tyranny and aggression. Keeping it active and robust is the message I'm taking from this thread. Terrorists deserve neither compassion nor understanding beyond learning what it takes to kill them.
I agree terrorists deserve no compassion but to refuse to try and understand why they do what they do makes it harder to spot precursor actions/ideologies to be able to identify/monitor/combat/stop their ideals from spreading. Similarly to how government agencies study serial killers to spot the warning signs you have to understand them at least a little bit even if it delusional bs that they're spewing. I posted it because I thought the "pre-emptive" excuse was laughable bs and thought others here might find what the terrorists are claiming to be of some insight.
Its almost impossible to just outright kill off an ideology the bubblegum has to be combatted both through physical means and education.

Last Edited:
It's OFFICIAL (for now).
From Brandon's administration........

Aloha, Mark

PS....BTW, Blinken knows a thing or two, about Anti-sematic attitudes.

Last Edited:
Gun control is all fine and dandy until the unthinkable happens and you suddenly discover you have turned your population into helpless victims and lack the ability to protect them.
We've been doing this since the advent of affordable cell phones/devices and putting them in front of their young children so they don't have to be parents. They can't communicate face to face, walk out in front of moving cars/commuter trains, have no situational awareness.

If anyone is tired of this back and forth I've heard good things about the movie The Battle of Algiers, might be a nice diversion
I watched this last night. It was very good. Very good.

- Pretty gripping; very "intimate" and realistic
- Morally neutral so not a political screed
- Excellent acting, great directing and cinematography

I happened to have promo of Max on Prime at the moment so watched it there. Not sure where else it is available. It is in both French and Arabic so you have to read English subtitles. I try to watch the "best" old movies as well as foreign and did not know about this one; nice recommendation. (Btw, "Paths to Glory" is one of my favorite from that era if you don't know it. Kirk Douglas/WWI).

Since I pretty much always agree with what he said on movies, I'll just link Ebert's contemporary (1968) review. He gave it four stars, which was very high praise from him.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-battle-of-algiers-1968

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top