JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also get a slight VA Disability check right now.

Thanks for your service.

My Dad is 94 and I'm very proud of him. We went out to lunch today. He was getting a small disability check from VA for WWII and I checked into it and got it increased from $133 a month to $1,450 a month because he'd never claimed his hearing loss, just a battle wound. He was a machine gunner in a tank with no hearing protection. I say that only because while I'm against the government's social giveaways, I support the troops, and we could afford to take care of them without all of the welfare etc. bums, and without all the massive waste from DC. We should take care of our vets.

Here's my Dad. He hit Normandy, fought his way through France into Belgium, and was wounded and shipped out just before what we now call the Battle of the Bulge.

He has a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for bravery in battle.

Dad2010.jpg

Considering Armstrong's experience and history I would not disregard him due to a spelling error(s). Same goes for Jim Sinclair's commentaries. I like to be ahead of the herd, rather than in it; Armstrong and Sinclair are the two best out there in my opinion.

He's hardly at the forefront - I cotton more to Ilargi's view:
The Automatic Earth
The Oil Drum | Resurgence of Risk - A Primer on the Develop(ed) Credit Crunch
The Automatic Earth: July 22 2010: The Big Picture According to TAE - An Updated Primer Guide

I'm goining in today for a hearing test, I had one before I left the service 40 years ago. I hate the VA but if I could get a disability check it would really help right now

I'm goining in today for a hearing test, I had one before I left the service 40 years ago. I hate the VA but if I could get a disability check it would really help right now

I started at the VA office, made application, and they designated the place for the hearing test and paid for it. They have a contract with one private audiologist in the area. Please start with VA because your hearing test won't be accepted by them.

Thanks for your service.

My Dad is 94 and I'm very proud of him. We went out to lunch today. He was getting a small disability check from VA for WWII and I checked into it and got it increased from $133 a month to $1,450 a month because he'd never claimed his hearing loss, just a battle wound. He was a machine gunner in a tank with no hearing protection. I say that only because while I'm against the government's social giveaways, I support the troops, and we could afford to take care of them without all of the welfare etc. bums, and without all the massive waste from DC. We should take care of our vets.

Here's my Dad. He hit Normandy, fought his way through France into Belgium, and was wounded and shipped out just before what we now call the Battle of the Bulge.

He has a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for bravery in battle.

Dad2010.jpg

Veterans who wrote a blank check with their lives SHOULD get every disability courtesy and needed healthcare assistence for life... whether they served in war or peace, they had flesh in the game and its the LEAST we as a country should do. All the other "piglets at the public trough" can SUCK IT!

Thanks for your service.

My Dad is 94 and I'm very proud of him. We went out to lunch today. He was getting a small disability check from VA for WWII ..

Tell your father thank you for me, personally Please!!!

I brother inlaws dad was a Machine gunner in the same area during WWII, he got captured after running out of ammo and escaped with another guy when a guard was not paying attention just hours after capture.

I can track back to where in every war and peace time from beginning of time to present day where someone in my family has served in a War, conflict or peace action, even if they were directly in the conflict (which we were in most) we were there to answer our countries to call and so our families, friends and relatives could soundly at night, knowing we were they ready to put it on the line.

Yeah a bit mushy, but it is a fact.

Thanks to all veterans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the goverment of Greece has fallen and the nation is now being run by a banker, hopefully he has an army of accountants behind him.
Are donkey mounted brigands far behind?

So the goverment of Greece has fallen and the nation is now being run by a banker, hopefully he has an army of accountants behind him.
Are donkey mounted brigands far behind?

Same goes for Italy. Both of the men running these two countries are unelected bureaucrats (or should I call them Eurocrats?).
Spanish and French interests rates have also spiked a bit.

What is even more interesting though, when you analyze the facts, is that Euro is actually a better currency than the USD.
The Eurozone could fall apart and yet the Euro could also remain strong. Why? Because unlike the Federal Reserve, the Euro money masters are not printing it into oblivion. They are actually trying to rein in the abusive spending (good luck with that one).
I see a possibility where where the Euro ends up being the official currency of only a handful of countries - the fiscally responsible ones - and yet be the currency that European nations use for their international trade. After all, who is going to trust the currency of a nation that was jettisoned from the Euro and had to go back to its original currency.

A short report/refresher of sorts from FerFal on what is happening in Argentina at the moment. Relevant to us I think, and also contains a warning to us specifically.

SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA: What's of value right when the economy goes to ****?

A Russian (very religious Orthodox) who worked for a friend told us one day he was moving to Argentina.His priest? had told them to get their moneys out of US dollars,it would fall soon.

I just kind of nodded my head and thought of David Kerresh?(spelling?) Sure Alex.I mean he had moved here and done well for himself,why not?

The other thing I thought of was what did he think the Argentine moneys,or any money,would be worth if the US dollar was worthless?

A Russian (very religious Orthodox) who worked for a friend told us one day he was moving to Argentina.His priest? had told them to get their moneys out of US dollars,it would fall soon.

Oh man, that was a total "FAIL."

I occasionally have to remind myself of the saying, "The $US is the worst currency on the block, except for all the others." Despite having horrible fundamentals, I expect it to get stronger over the next few months (until the sovereigns and hedgies have massacred all the rest, then it is the $US's turn).

Oh man, that was a total "FAIL."

I occasionally have to remind myself of the saying, "The $US is the worst currency on the block, except for all the others." Despite having horrible fundamentals, I expect it to get stronger over the next few months (until the sovereigns and hedgies have massacred all the rest, then it is the $US's turn).

I heard it put that among fiat currencies the USD would be the slowest snail to the Event Horizon.

Personally, I expect dollar strength to persist for not a few months, but for a couple years. The tide is just turning today, in fact:
Global Dollar Liquidity Freeze Leads To Pervasive Sell Off | ZeroHedge

I am very worried about the dollar. If not exactly the dollar, then the banks which hold our dollars and their ability to redeem our deposits. As we all know, our banks lend and otherwise "invest" our deposits and many of the loans and investments are worthless. Our banks have a lot of money tied up in Europe. They still have a lot of non-performing assets in declining real estate values (loans) and derivatives. Those are our deposits. They are required to hold only a small percentage of our deposits in cash. The majority of it they "invest." A run on those banks would shut them down.

If enough European countries go belly up, and France is now on the list of suspects, our big banks and Wall Street will be wiped out.

I'm happy that enough big spenders need cash and are selling gold and silver. I'm buying.

The Fed now owns more US debt than China. The dollar will tank. 15 TRILLION of debt.
Obama, the man that thinks Hawaii belongs to the Chinese, has signed our death warrant

MFing Global was the last straw as far as I am concerned. Rules, regulations, and safeguards are meaningless. The rapers and plunderers are sleeping soundly in their Hampton hideaways (with their hotlines connected to their bit-chez in D.C.). The system requires confidence to work, but how any rational person can have confidence after what has transpired over the last couple of years is incomprehensible. Its over baby; confidence soon to = ZERO.

The Fed now owns more US debt than China. The dollar will tank. 15 TRILLION of debt.
Obama, the man that thinks Hawaii belongs to the Chinese, has signed our death warrant

It's more like $100 trillion. They don't count the liabilities for social security and medicare etc., which they have totally robbed and spent. The first of the baby boomers are now retiring leaving much smaller generations to pay for it. For the first time ever, last month social security paid out more than it took in meaning they had to borrow to pay part of it. It will only get worse. We're screwed.

Well a lot of countries like Russia and China were pushing for a one world currency last spring, how else does every think they will implement it. Let us idiots go so far in debt we cannot get out so our currency will have to crash and everyone elses at the same time and then comes the one world currency, first step to a one world government

I am very worried about the dollar. If not exactly the dollar, then the banks which hold our dollars and their ability to redeem our deposits. As we all know, our banks lend and otherwise "invest" our deposits and many of the loans and investments are worthless. Our banks have a lot of money tied up in Europe. They still have a lot of non-performing assets in declining real estate values (loans) and derivatives. Those are our deposits. They are required to hold only a small percentage of our deposits in cash. The majority of it they "invest." A run on those banks would shut them down.

If enough European countries go belly up, and France is now on the list of suspects, our big banks and Wall Street will be wiped out.

I'm happy that enough big spenders need cash and are selling gold and silver. I'm buying.

I've been warning about France for a while now. I was giving it a couple more years before their problems surface, but it seems that a fake story put them in focus earlier. For those who do not know there was a bogus news story a couple of days ago that pointed to problems with France and Spain (if I remember correctly). There was a very quick correction but by then the damage was already done in the bond markets and French bonds got hit. Now that France has showed up on the radar, it is likely to stay there and the increased rates on their bonds will stress their finances even more, thus speeding up this financial clown car even faster towards the cliff.

I don't trust Wall Street or big banks one bit. I certainly don't trust the major world governments.

Warren Buffet was an adviser for TARP. He knew the big banks were going to get bailed out so he bought billions of dollars worth of stock in B of A and made a killing. At the time the MSM news was only that he had "confidence" and was buying. Why isn't he in jail for insider trading? How do I trust investing in Wall Street when I'm blindsided by insiders?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top