JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An unfortunate but good study for one's personal preparedness.

The city of Jackson, Miss., which has struggled with a crumbling water infrastructure for years, has no reliable running water, authorities said.

Pumps at the city's main water-treatment plant failed Monday, Gov. Tate Reeves said at a press conference, leaving the state capital with little to no water—and sometimes raw reservoir water—flowing through the pipes.

State authorities said that, because of the poor-quality water and the low water pressure, it wasn't safe for people to drink the water or to brush their teeth with it. Instead, officials were working to distribute cases of water to the city's roughly 150,000 residents.

An unfortunate but good study for one's personal preparedness.

We recently had two pumps down here in Wilsonville but that was nothing compared to what they must be going through.

I'm in the water plant where I work now, I think I'll go give the pumps an extra squirt of grease, LOL. What a nightmare that would be if it happened here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top