JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet you Oregon would not think it is about nothing if I was caught with a permit that did not match the address on my ID. Plus, even in Washington you have a certain amount of time to change the address on your permit before it is considered no longer valid according to the issuing agency yesterday.

One car still has Oregon plates, but it is registered to the business in Portland. :)

There is nothing in the RCW's requiring you to change the address on your CPL if you move, however I can see the probability that you could be hassled if it didn't match you DL.

cash$$cow said:
Most of you know this but ( I will speak on the Utah permit), you must still obtain a permit for the state in which you reside in. You cannot use a Utah as your only permit even if your state is recognized. Washington wants there $$ too.

While this is true in Washington, some states do recognize out-of-state permits for residents.

Let us all not forget that our issuing county rarely notifies us that our license is about to expire and needs to be renewed! I bet I am not the only one who has discovered that I was walking around with an expired carry permit! Let's all check our cards tonite?.............................elsullo :s0131:

Well shut my mouf! I just received notice from Multnomah County that my permit was about to expire, including the forms and directions to renew. And that was BEFORE I got around to looking at my permit! All the rest of you should not count on such a notification from YOUR county, however. (Fifty dollah fee for a one minute computer search, grrrrrrrr)...............................elsullo :D

Washington does NOT require you to change the address on you CPL when you move. You can do it if you like, but you don't need to. You can check here if you want it in black and white: WA State Licensing: Change your address - Concealed Pistol License

Oregon is not nearly as clear as to what the consequences would be. I have read Oregon's ORS on concealed carry from top to bottom several times and I am fairly sure that you would not be criminally prosecuted if you had an invalid address, but it would appear that the Sheriff could revoke your permit if you didn't update it.

WA is something like 33 so I haven't bothered to get a UT or FL one. Just doesn't get me that much more.

Just checked - a WA permit is valid in WA and 23 other states as follows:
Washington : AK*, AR, AZ, FL, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, MO, NC, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT*

note: the states with * after them are states that do not require permits - anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry concealed

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top