JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much ammo do you have?

• 0 - 500 rounds

Votes: 48 10.6%
  • 501 - 1000 rounds

Votes: 40 8.8%
  • 1001 - 5000 rounds

Votes: 182 40.2%
  • 5001 - 10,000 rounds

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • 10,001 +

Votes: 100 22.1%

• Total voters
I can see that when you get a great deal. I think they are a lot of fun to shoot as well. Nothing like shooting tracers when it comes to visual appeal while enjoying target practice. I have a few even for my .357 but they are always so spendy a few is all I ever get.

I make pistol tracers mainly in 45acp .i do green and red and a silver comet.. i make incendiary rds too. There fun and attention getters at the range. When your shooting steel and you get a report thats fun. Ive never made them for 357/38 dono why. Mainly 45, 44, 9mm and 22lr.

Not enough. I would burn through what I have in a short afternoon practice session. I would be woefully under-equipped to repel Cuban soldiers ala Red Dawn or zombies ala Walking Dead. Given the crazy arse rush we've seen, I don't think I'll be able to add much to my stock any time soon, especially at prices from 2 weeks ago. It's pretty damn sad when Wolf steel case .223 is selling for upwards of 65 cents per round - and one joker I've seen is selling his Wolf 7.62x39 for a buck a round.

Just a thought for those of you looking to bulk up. Amazon has some range ammo that is a brand I have used and had no trouble with for 50 bucks for a 1000 rounds. Just look up 9mm ammo in amazon. Really cannot beat that.

Guys, I have enough ammo to make for several very serious firefights.

It's not because I think I'm ever going to NE in a serious firefight (even one), it's because yes, I shoot that much. (Except in the next two months, screw that, it's COLD here!)

Stockpiling ammo because of scarcity is an exercise in futility. If you're shooting enough to stay on top of your game, there goes your ammo. If you're not, there goes your skill-level.

Taxing or regulating ammo enough that it really interfered with my shooting is a defacto ban on all guns and unchallengeable under existing law. It won't stand, even IF someone were stupid enough to try it.

We have MILLIONS of CCW holders. There is an overarching interest in public safety to not place ANY barriers for those people for practice. It's a no-brainer for the courts.

This is not 1970. the same old arguments don't apply. They just don't.

Stop fighting 1994 like 18 years never happened. They HAPPENED. The reality today is vastly different than in 1994. For that matter it's vastly different than 2006.

My phone has been ringing off the hook since November. I've done more private classes in the last three months than in the last three years.

Relax. First, there is unlikely to be any federal movement. Second, on the state level, any movement is going to be pretty minor as it really affects us.

Don't be apathetic. But also, don't panic. EGBOK.

Hats off to anyone who has stocked up. At this point it is all about how much you were smart enough to buy before the BS.

I noticed 1600 qty boxes of CCI MiniMags that were $100 are now $160 if you can find them. Even 22lr ammo up 60% in just a few weeks.

I know if I only had $1000 to buy one type/cal of ammo and one only it would be 22lr.

.22lr, .32acp, .380acp, 9mm, 10mm, .45acp, .223, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, .308win, 7.62x54R, 30.06 WWII = 17,000 rounds and counting

Not to mention the 3,000 rounds of brass, primers, bullets and powder for 9mm, 10mm, 7.62x39, .308win, 30.06.

I don't really have a solid count, I reload so have a metric butt load of components. I go by the 50 cal ammo can accounting system. A 50 cal can full for every caliber. I have 11 calibers so 11 cans. Discounting the .22 and 12 gauge that I don't reload for, I load 9 calibers. Works for me, when I go shooting I dig out a 50 or 100 MTM box of whatever calibers I'm shooting that day, when I see the ammo can is getting low i fill it back up. Generally I can shoot all summer and reload in the winter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top