JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much ammo do you have?

• 0 - 500 rounds

Votes: 48 10.6%
  • 501 - 1000 rounds

Votes: 40 8.8%
  • 1001 - 5000 rounds

Votes: 182 40.2%
  • 5001 - 10,000 rounds

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • 10,001 +

Votes: 100 22.1%

• Total voters
If you're stockpiling for the revolution, you're kidding yourself.

A: It's not going to happen
B: Even if it did, why the Hell would you waste time stockpiling 10s of thousands of rounds at great expense when your local NG armory is such an inviting target for insurgents?

You need to rethink the idea that a National Gaurd armory would have anything that would be of use to anyone. First off the National Guard Members will be making use of it. Second even if by some wild chance (everyone else dropped dead in a week from Bird flu etc) you would have to be the FIRST person there as the second person will likely find that a 6x6 left with all the toys piled up in the back already.

Not that I am saying this to suggest people should stock up or even take any action.

The internet and feeding off each others worries and panics has done more to change the world of firearms ownership then anything else I can think of.
I agree with the above and have followed a similar evolutionary path with firearms as the OP. I had some interest with a local 'militia' group in the late 70's (hey I was an easily influenced teen then!) BUT the emphasis with firearms was nothing to the degree it is now, and stockpiling and hoarding was never mentioned. If stock piling and hoarding is as important as it seems to be (with some) then why the regular ads for large amounts of ammo for sale, not only on this forum but other outlets as well? If money were the only reason then the perceived value of the ammo (such as if bought for a SHTF fantasy) does not exist because in that scenario ammo would be more valuable than them money. My conclusion? same as the OP - internet = disinformation = hysteria = buying frenzy.

You need to rethink the idea that a National Gaurd armory would have anything that would be of use to anyone. First off the National Guard Members will be making use of it. Second even if by some wild chance (everyone else dropped dead in a week from Bird flu etc) you would have to be the FIRST person there as the second person will likely find that a 6x6 left with all the toys piled up in the back already.

Not that I am saying this to suggest people should stock up or even take any action.

If we're in a by-god Revolution than the NG armory will be a lot better fortified than it is today, but still not too hard to take, especially in early days.

If you're thinking a zombie apocolyps or some nonsense, then whatever.

Revolutions ALWAYS get the majority of their arms from the army of the existing government. It's been true since the french revolution. This is why I don't feel my second amendment rights need to entitle me to hand grenades or Fuel-Air Bombs. If we need them, we'll TAKE them.

But since I don't see that day ever coming, it's all Red Dawn Mall-Ninja fantasizing.

I say this, because the BEST POSSIBLE outcome I could imagine from a full blown revolution in the USA would be so horrific I don't care to even contemplate it. Aside from it's incredibly unlikely occurrence, I wouldn't wish that event on my worst enemy, much less my neighbors and friends.

I guess I am not a big believer in the end of the world as we know it theories but then:

I am not a big believer in car accidents but I have insurance just in case

I am not a big believer in house fires but I have insurance just incase

I am not a big believer in being held up but I carry a gun just incase

My parents did not believe in the great depression but they survived it by being prepared by having can goods and doing what they had to survive.

Twenty years ago I would not believed that countries like Grease, Spain, Portugal would be bankrupt with riots in the streets of Grease going on for the last 2 years.

Twenty years ago I would not believed that that the US would be over 16 trillion in debt and getting bigger every day and we owe a good portion of it to China.

Twenty years ago I would not believed that the US would go from being #1 to number #7 in the world and our credit rating would have ever been downgraded.

Twenty years ago I would not believed that after working for a company for 21 years it would down size then closes its doors and I would be laid off.

So even with all this I guess I am still not a big believer in the end of the world as we know it theories but then times are not what they where 20 years ago. I do stock pile ammo, food, water and more as an insurance policy rather than the fear of it happening.

Unless the US stops spending barrowed money I do see the down fall of the US just like Grease, Spain and Portugal as we are doing the same thing they did.

If the US does not change its ways this could happen in my life time and I do worry because sooner or later the outgoing interest/payment will be more than the income and then it all falls down.

So do I feel the end will come, I haven’t got a clue so I look at prepping more as doing my part to stimulate the economy. The more preparation like AMMO I purchase the longer folks will remain employed replenishing what I purchsed.

So I am doing my part to save the USA.

current count

12,000 7.62x39
6,000 9mm
13,500 22lr
2,200 7.62x51
1,000 12ga

and dam proud of it!

I can hold all my ammo in one hand, lol! New to the firearm scene, I'll stock up eventually. Going to wait for prices to go down a little first though. Sounds like $18 for 50 9mm rounds is a little high, and that's what I paid, which is why I don't have much at the moment!

I can hold all my ammo in one hand, lol! New to the firearm scene, I'll stock up eventually. Going to wait for prices to go down a little first though. Sounds like $18 for 50 9mm rounds is a little high, and that's what I paid, which is why I don't have much at the moment!

When I was in mass last summer, with notoriously high prices there because of zero competition, $12 for a box of 9mm was an avg. price.

18 and you're getting screwed. Try wally world.

When I was in mass last summer, with notoriously high prices there because of zero competition, $12 for a box of 9mm was an avg. price.

18 and you're getting screwed. Try wally world.

Oh, I know it was way too expensive, but I know a gun without ammo is pretty useless, so I bought two boxes and started playing the waiting game. This was about a week after the election at BiMart, by the way. Ammo shelves were pretty bare, must have been a run by all us new gun owners, lol! And doing my honeymoon with my pistol at an indoor range, so I have to buy my ammo there anyways. At least they have reasonable prices for that!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top