JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much ammo do you have?

• 0 - 500 rounds

Votes: 48 10.6%
  • 501 - 1000 rounds

Votes: 40 8.8%
  • 1001 - 5000 rounds

Votes: 182 40.2%
  • 5001 - 10,000 rounds

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • 10,001 +

Votes: 100 22.1%

• Total voters
I was kind of surprised when looking over the results of this poll. I figured I was on the low end compared to the average for stored ammo. And for this poll I didn't count my 22lr. This is the technique I started using about two years ago when I was having a hard time storing ammo long term. When ever I buy any caliber of ammo other than 22lr(I feel I have enough of that stocked up) and 45acp. Half always goes into long term storage no matter if I buy one box of 20 rounds or 1000 rounds of bulk, sometimes I will put back more than half if I feel it is necessary. Half always gets put back and is off limits until shtf. This has also made me more diligent when I go shooting, so that I don't run out of ammo I can shoot.

Is too much ammo even a real phrase?

I am slowly amassing a collection of ammo, cheap 9mm of course, .40, I have over 500 each. would like it to be in the thousands each but Ive got time. Also would like to get a grip of .233 5.56.

Interesting that before the internet became our daily obsession I don't remember ever hearing about guys stock piling ammo anything like they do now days. And I have been going to gun shows and stuff since the mid 1960's I remember the discussions my dad had with his buddies about the gun control act of 68. Sure they did a bunch of reloading but I doubt they ever made up 100 rounds of anything that didn't get shot up at the club before making more.

The internet and feeding off each others worries and panics has done more to change the world of firearms ownership then anything else I can think of.

And while we are at it, how many guns do you have, what's your address and when would it be most likely that no one would be home? Your friend

I wish I could hoard ammo like some of you guys. I am afraid I enjoy shooting too much to do that though. I always have at least a few boxes of critical defense for each caliber and couple boxes of range ammo but I cannot resist the urge to shoot my guns every week at my range and that does not allow for much hoarding. I may have less ammo but I will be accurate enough to not need as much as far as I am concerned.

More than enough to do any foreseeable job that needs doing.

Stockpiling ten of thousands of rounds only makes sense if you're betting on long-term costs being higher due to things like lead, copper and brass prices.

I have a few thousand rounds because I shoot that much in a fairly short period of time.

If you're stockpiling for the revolution, you're kidding yourself.

A: It's not going to happen
B: Even if it did, why the Hell would you waste time stockpiling 10s of thousands of rounds at great expense when your local NG armory is such an inviting target for insurgents?

Seriously, even the wingnuts here majorly fail in revolution 101. And "how much ammo do I have stockpiled against 'go-time,'" is an exercise for Mall Ninjas.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top