JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know about others, but I've been carrying more often the last few months. In fact, I've gotten to the point that I feel uncomfortable without a gun with me when I leave the house. I now find myself looking at entrance and exit points as well as most likely positions for attackers and self defense.

Much higher degree of awareness. How 'bout the rest of you, anyone else doing the same?

My awareness has always been high. Scan the room / parking lot/ wherever looking for the squirrel. (s) Be ready to get an attitude with anybody should they chose to jerk with me.

If I am awake and breathing I have a weapon on me. My only change lately is to carry a second gun and an collapsible baton as well. Even when I was in "gun free " zones, my reading disability prevented me from seeing most of those signs.:eek:

I simply will not go outside my house unarmed.Ever.

While I've always been carrying anyways, I'm definitely encouraging more friends and family to get educated and start carrying. With the lower violent crime rates, the current hype in the media brought on by the coming elections makes it sound more dangerous than ever. I'm not downgrading the importance of people protecting themselves. People being educated and armed is why I think violent crime trends in our country are for the better.

Yes. No doubt. I am super alert to any person that wears an habig or scarf or a beard--especially if they may be from the middle east. I also scan their bellies to see if they may be loaded and looking unusual. I tell my gf that if we are out in public and tell her that we have to leave now not to ask questions but we need to leaver the area asap. No questions asked.

Don't know about others, but I've been carrying more often the last few months. In fact, I've gotten to the point that I feel uncomfortable without a gun with me when I leave the house. I now find myself looking at entrance and exit points as well as most likely positions for attackers and self defense.

Much higher degree of awareness. How 'bout the rest of you, anyone else doing the same?

As someone who has been doing the above mentioned for the last 31 years, I would only add that you should have a basic plan (and be willing/able) to "kill everyone in the room" if it should suddenly become needful. :s0155:

Definitely considering it. Even though I live in a back-water area, the thing that would bother me most is having something happen with the gun locked up at home.

Now that my only hand gun is a Springfield Armory XD 9mm 5-inch, concealed carry is a little more trouble. The winter weather makes it a bit easier. I'm even considering carrying to church.

My awareness has always been high. Scan the room / parking lot/ wherever looking for the squirrel. (s) Be ready to get an attitude with anybody should they chose to jerk with me.

If I am awake and breathing I have a weapon on me. My only change lately is to carry a second gun and an collapsible baton as well. Even when I was in "gun free " zones, my reading disability prevented me from seeing most of those signs.:eek:

I simply will not go outside my house unarmed.Ever.

internet high five :)

I carry the G19 more often now instead of the typical 9mm Shield.

Speak of the devil, I need to get new night sights for the G19. The tritium is pretty week. I'll probably switch to Truglo TFOs or XS big dot.

Love your post buddy, as competition shooters we have a bit of an edge, my gal gets it.

Her background gives me piece of mind and she can cover my back anytime and she has , during a attemped mugging of us in portland.

Her tactics made me proud that night, the money spend on training and time with Seattle firearm's Gila Hayes was well worth it.

I hope others take the time with their other half's to train, as when SHTF that's it the time to have a MELT DOWN.

YOU FIGHT AS YOU TRAIN never forget this.

I always carry but my wife finally decided to apply for a CPL. We took care of that chore last Friday. I noted that there were four guys in line to apply behind us.

Sigh………I wish the line had stretched around the block.

Kool!
Please have her take a weapon retention class also.

And see if she agrees to on body carry as opposed to purse carry.

Glad to hear that another has taken responsibility for their own safety

Remember... WHEN SECONDS COUNT HELP IS JUST MINUTES AWAY!

Very seldom leave the bed without a pistol but I find myself packing more mags lately....

Good point. For quite some time I have been carrying two extra 10 round mags on my person, and two more in the vehicle. Our local sheriff in a public statement outlined some of his suggested parameters for concealed carry and " making sure you have enough ammunition " was one of his suggestions.

Fight or flight adrenaline dump is likely going to pull the first 3 rounds minimum off target.

I automatically carry concealed more often in the winter because flannel shirts and jackets cover a lot. Summer is not so easy, especially while kayaking and boating in shorts and t-shirt. But my dry bag or backpack are never far away.

Although the fanny pack has been ridiculed as the pinnacle of douchebaggery for decades now, I may be forced to re-examine my fashion sensibilities under a treacherous post-American administration bent on disarming its citizens while welcoming enemy infiltration with open arms.

Last Edited:
Ive always carried, however over the last year or so Ive started to carry two firearms.
I dont anticipate a firefight alone duel wielding pistols, its a back up or a spare to arm someone next to me, multiplying our force to diminish the threat and save more lives.

In addition to a full sized or often times a compact firearm, I carry a subcompact firearm IWB, pocket or ankle depending on the work day.

It makes me rest at ease because I know I have the tools to defend myself and others, I also have a firearm to allow another to defend themself and others..

In addition to that, a light, two knives and a multitool for EDC.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top