JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really hadn't thought of a couple as a team, but it's a really good idea. Situational awareness and a rough plan, or at least discussion of scenarios would go a long way toward giving you a fighting chance to stay alive.

It's tuff to stay focused on the threat or threats when the other half is having a melt down..... that's a bad time for it to happen. LOL

i carry concealed everywhere. always have since i got permission. lol. i feel naked without my gun. i spend so much time with my glock23 i know the serial number by memory.

Joel13, I'm curious. Do the bars, schools and federal buildings have metal detectors manned by an armed guard? If not, what assurance do you have that someone else has or will come in with a concealed weapon and plans to do bad things?

Every day, all day for some
time now.

Only exception is bars and schools I have to go into - and federal buildings.

I automatically carry concealed more often in the winter because flannel shirts and jackets cover a lot. Summer is not so easy, especially while kayaking and boating in shorts and t-shirt. But my dry bag or backpack are never far away.

Although the fanny pack has been ridiculed as the pinnacle of douchebaggery for decades now, I may be forced to re-examine my fashion sensibilities under a treacherous post-American administration bent on disarming its citizens while welcoming enemy infiltration.

I could care less what anyone thinks anymore, I go for comfort and compatability no matter of celebrity status.....;) I wear my patriotic fanny pack in the summer time. :p

It would be impossible for me to increase how often I carry or my level of awareness, it is already a years old habit. I didn't need the San Bernardino terrorist attack to switch on.

I used to feel necked without my snips (splicing scissors in a belt pouch) since I am no longer working.
I never feel necked anymore because I am always armed...

I pretty much carry 24/7. S&W Shield in 40 with a laser, plus an extra magazine. IWB Leather holster with a purpose built leather belt at 4 o'clock.. I am hoping for a new CC belt for Christmas, as my current model has about 3 years on it now. I'm also considering switching to a Sig P226 in 40, possibly with the Shield as a BUG.
Oh - and recently added a bedside holster with a 45 and a flashlight.

Joel13, I'm curious. Do the bars, schools and federal buildings have metal detectors manned by an armed guard? If not, what assurance do you have that someone else has or will come in with a concealed weapon and plans to do bad things?

Only the federal, state, county buildings do but the others do not - and the post office, forgot that one

It is illegal to carry on those properties and I would rather use my situational awareness, trust my CQC training and improvise a weapon then loose my right to carry concealed or even own a firearm legally taken away forever. I'm almost 39 so I have another 91 years to go and have a lot of inherited guns that I would not trust any of my extended family to hold for my grandkids.

So I am pro-carry in theaters and county fairs where they have "asked" you not to carry a firearm, I'll have a gun and 2 knives on me, but I'm not going to risk my 2nd amendment rights being taken away willingly.

Not necessarily carrying more often but I am going with a .45 ACP fighting handgun regularly instead of the anti-mugger .380. Make sure my family is safe and then I'm ready to hunt goblins.

Ditto. My situational awareness factor has gone up, and instead of my normal snubby or 9mm subcompact I am up-gunning to an XD-45 and more mags. One uses the tools that meet the job requirements.

If I'm out of the house, I'm carrying. The ONLY exception are places where it is forbidden by law, such as the airport, on a flight, in a courthouse. Otherwise, concealed is concealed, regardless of the 'suggestion' that I go unarmed in a particular business so they can feel better about themselves while leaving me and those around me completely unprotected.

What has changed recently? Carrying extra mags. Considering carrying a BUG. And my wife, who got her CHL 20 or so years ago, but let it lapse, is now wanting to renew it, go to the range, and start learning how to manage a CC weapon. She's been content to leave that duty to me for years, but realizes I'm not with her or our daughter much of the day. I'll be working with her on that for the foreseeable future.

And, like @Joe Link, I'm seeing and hearing more people talking about and considering concealed carry than I have since the Clinton administration. Are we finally seeing a fundamental shift in America, back in the right direction? Will it take more terrorist attacks to really get their attention?

I can only hope that the majority will realize now that it is their personal responsibility to provide for the safety and protection of themselves and their families - you simply cannot rely on anyone else - not the LE's, not the military, not the POS POTUS and certainly not the government in general (SCOTUS included).

Well said and absolutely accurate...we need to take care of ourselves, consistently and effectively.

I carry daily and am thinking about getting used to carrying a larger pistol, a 40 SW; a 360 auto now.

At home, under my bed is a 12 gauge shot gun with a built in flashlight system...I sleep pretty good.

Definitely considering it. Even though I live in a back-water area, the thing that would bother me most is having something happen with the gun locked up at home.

Now that my only hand gun is a Springfield Armory XD 9mm 5-inch, concealed carry is a little more trouble. The winter weather makes it a bit easier. I'm even considering carrying to church.
Don't consider. Do it. :)

Last Edited:
I'm of the mindset that if you're going to carry a weapon for protection, you should always have it.
Always. Whether you're at work, school, shopping, church, errands, social events, vacation, etc...
If you aren't passing a security checkpoint where you can't (sterile area of an airport, courthouse, etc), you should be armed.

I can't say I'm any more situationally aware in light of recent events, but I have considered changing to a larger firearm (compact glock instead of sub-compact glock) for daily carry and carrying at least 1 extra mag.
In a normal "safe" world, I feel okay with that. With more large scale shootings, multiple perps, rifles in play, etc, I think I'm going to start carrying a slightly larger pistol because I'm just a bit faster and more comfortable with it, and CRAP!! I HAVE TOO MUCH AMMO! is something nobody said in a firefight ever.

No change for me except that my situational awareness is probably better now since I have been standing guard at the local recruiting offices for the past 5 months. Otherwise, for the past 4 years or so I have been open carrying daily (even to Church) and that has not changed.

As a Government trained predator, I have always had a heightened sense of awareness of my surroundings! It used to drive my wife nuts until she had her "awakening" now she carries almost as often as I do, which is all the time! I have worn a side arm for almost 30 years and feel completely naked and afraid with out one on me, or very close at hand! I had to teach our kids that it was a huge responsibility and was a necessary part of our lives. To them it was no big deal that daddy (who was serving active duty at the time) carried a side arm as part of his uniform! To them and there friends and there friends parents, that's just the way things were and still are! No one ever said a word (at least that I know of) about it. Now we carry a couple of rifles in our cars and keep at least one handy in the house because things have gotten so out of control these days! I cannot and will not live in fear, nor will I put my faith in law enforcement to handle any threats that happen with in my purview! The Officers that may respond are people too, and while they have a very dangerous job, made far more dangerous these days with unlawful people obtaining guns, and no morals surrounding there use, these people we are now almost forced to trust with our very lives, don't wish to die any more then you or I do, and that's why we see so many officer shootings these days! The cops are so afraid, that they shoot first at the slightest hint of a threat, and then they are crucified for protecting and defending us like they should. Many of these officers and sworn deputies are former military servicemen and women, and have seen the horrors of war up close and personally. Many carry the scars of those experiences ( I sure do) and they have to face a society that has gotten less friendly, less trusting, and less caring, not to mention far more hostile!

In short, until they pass a law forbidding us from carrying, I recommend every one do so as often as you can! The more of us that carry, and the more potential bad guys that know we carry, the less likely we will be forced to defend our self's, and the more likely it is there will be an armed person in place to respond! Get as much training as you can, get your self into the mind set of defending your self, learn all you can about threat assessment and practice your shooting skills as often as you can! The thousand yard, cold hard stare my wife used to hate, has become a very much trusted and depended on skill that that's been hard won! My family is better off these days because of we exercise our rights every single moment of every single day!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top