JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love this! We have one that was my wife's grandfather's. He carried it when he was a conductor for Union Pacific. I've been thinking of getting rid of my "plastic" .380 and using the Colt when I want to "go small".

It is a dream to carry. I forget it's there.:s0155:

FBI cant small of the back CS-9 S&W Chiefs Special in a comphy pardner / Desantis inside the waist holster-Carry belt and leather suspenders ,sweet like a good woman. Always there ,Always Ready, No Complaints. Going Large..same Colt Officer .45acp. Going small AMT .380 Backup.Possible Ankle Carry.

Be very careful if you go this route. It is one of the most dangerous ways to carry - because of the high likelihood of back injury. Lots of gun toters, cops, and security people have been paralyzed or given serious back injury because of a gun or other item carried at the center of the back. All it takes is tripping or falling and landing on your back - the gun can push into the vertebrae and the next thing you know you're sending off for your disabled parking permit.

In my younger years when I carried OWB I often considered carrying in the small of my back. NOT once did I consider back injury, falling etc. But now that you mention it the potential for that type of injury comes to light.

I just ordered my first Kydex holster and I am currently waiting for it to arrive. It is designed to be worn OWB but I ordered some additional belt hooks to go with it so I could have the option for IWB. I have been toying around with Appendix style carry and I am really liking the feel of how it rides but I do find myself having to re-adjust the holster while I am sitting and it makes it difficult to bend over. Part of the problem (I think) is I am carrying a full size pistol instead of a subcompact.

It's been years and years (15-20 years) since I have carried so I am a bit behind the times so it feels like I am a beginner all over again even though I'm not really. Fortunately I don't have the Belly issue (sorry guys) but I was seriously considering a holster in the small of my back. I'm rethinking that idea at this point. I even considered the shoulder holster but ruled it out because I would have to wear a coat/jacket ALL the time to conceal the shoulder holster.

If recall rite ur model 85 is a 38 snub Taurus .... Do what I did Bob the Hammer and put it in ur pocket and save the shoulder rig for a Full Size gun..... I'm recoving from a hip replacement so my 1911 rides in a Galco Miami Vice rig for now till I heal.

Then it back into a TED BOLCKER IWB WITH THUMB BREAK... Lost a gun during a scuffel Then the FIGHT OF MY LIFE was on !!!! And I am still here to say NEVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE A OPEN TOP HOLSTER. And was a top line mfg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top