JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firearms? We could, time allowing. ie level 2. Level 3? Gotta go now.

Ammunition & reloading components? Not really feasible, again though, depends upon time. Not realistic insofar as what would normally be considered evacuation warning time frame.

Firearms? We could, time allowing. ie level 2. Level 3? Gotta go now.

Ammunition & reloading components? Not really feasible, again though, depends upon time. Not realistic insofar as what would normally be considered evacuation warning time frame.
evacuation is at level 3 now, but we are still outside the evacuation zone
smoke is blowing south away from us
we were notified they are cutting power around Jenny Creek Rd
have an hour of battery UPS as backup if needed and 24 hrs of fuel for the generator

Red zone now 200 yrds away
we moved the tractor and RTV to the middle of the field away from trees
my wife is freaked out, sitting on the couch with her cat in a carrier
I'm very proud of my son,- he packed up his subaru, then came back in to play a on line Video game

When fires were going through our area I loaded a truck and trailer full of the unreplaceable and dropped them at our sons house 50 miles away. That way if we were evacuated I would take the truck and travel trailer and come back later to see what's left.
I hope all here are still here tomorow! [ and their houses!] Good Luck DR

I would be more worried about the ammo and powders. All would take a short trip out the window. A few guns hopefully would make it out too. I did add the guns to the home insurance policy. It wouldn't cover everything (cough).

Best wishes to anyone with threat of evacuation.

I'd probably be loading gear into my car instead of posting on the Internet

Good luck, hope you get through this ok

We were level two in 2021. Take pictures of your belongings in each room and shop. Pack your important papers, pictures, jewelry and whatever is important but small enough to still be portable. You can start doing the same with firearms.

Then make sure wherever you go, your items are secure. That is, not in your vehicle, hotel room or RV spot…. Hopefully you have family or friends to land if you need to evacuate. Good luck and Godspeed if you need it.

I'd probably be loading gear into my car instead of posting on the Internet

Good luck, hope you get through this ok
Naaa - the fire is blowing south, we can't even see the smoke anylonger
and I trust the ANG and their Blackhawks
the wives on our road are freaking out, most husbands are out of town working - only us old retired guys are home
But the idea of the posting is the same - what would you do IF you had to evacuate
I'll have to rethink my ammo storage
at present time, I took all the drawers out of my Captains bed and store my ammo in cans under my bed

Two float planes, two helicopters, and one controller.

fire.jpg

The "airliner" icon is a single-engine light plane. :)

A 3rd helicopter come and goes from the view. Maybe when it is too low for the transponder to register,

Bruce

Last Edited:
Naaa - the fire is blowing south, we can't even see the smoke anylonger
and I trust the ANG and their Blackhawks
the wives on our road are freaking out, most husbands are out of town working - only us old retired guys are home
But the idea of the posting is the same - what would you do IF you had to evacuate
I'll have to rethink my ammo storage
at present time, I took all the drawers out of my Captains bed and store my ammo in cans under my bed
Considering I have a book of serial numbers and receipts off site, I'd more than likely just grab nfa stuff and let the rest go up in smoke. I have insurance and no guns of mine are worth dying over in a fire. Go now means go now.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews