JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A new AR style rifle could get very expensive if this guy gets his wish:

A House Democrat plans to introduce a bill that would hit AR-15's with a 1,000% tax — and it could pass Congress without GOP votes

The thesis of their argument is that AR15's cause so much damage. OK, let's take that at face value. A 500% tax on their salaries for every law that fails to achieve the purposes they state in their speeches and interviews.

Just another idiotic "....see, we really did something..." measure that will do NOTHING to reduce violent crime. Still surprises me how embarrassingly detached from reality these idiots are...you'd think I'd have gotten over it by now. They never cease to exceed previous levels of stupidity.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

Not remotely constitutional, but then neither is the $200 tax stamp.
Miller vs US. Original defendant died before he could appeal :rolleyes: might be worth revisiting.

Edit. Both sides claim it as victory.

Heller expanded on it to overturn DC handgun ban

Interestingly, one of the interpretations is that "arms suitable for militia usage are protected by 2A; but can be subjected to registration & tax". Heller went with "arms in common use at the time are protected".

It should have been "arms in common use, and issued to general troops are protected and not subject to NFA" (M16s, M2, m1928 thompson, Winchester combat shotguns, etc)

A new AR style rifle could get very expensive if this guy gets his wish:

A House Democrat plans to introduce a bill that would hit AR-15's with a 1,000% tax — and it could pass Congress without GOP votes

Last time someone proposed a tax like that, we dumped their schit in the harbor and told em to phuck off.
I hope we can show the same testicular fortitude as the forefathers if the time comes.

It's another feel good measure that doesn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell. IF it makes it through the HoRs it won't make it through the Senate.

On the flip side how many conservatives just got VERY motivated to vote. Keep pissing people off and get some very expected results.

Miller vs US. Original defendant died before he could appeal :rolleyes: might be worth revisiting.

Edit. Both sides claim it as victory.

Heller expanded on it to overturn DC handgun ban

Interestingly, one of the interpretations is that "arms suitable for militia usage are protected by 2A; but can be subjected to registration & tax". Heller went with "arms in common use at the time are protected".

It should have been "arms in common use, and issued to general troops are protected and not subject to NFA" (M16s, M2, m1928 thompson, Winchester combat shotguns, etc)

If we're doing that, I would go with "arms in common use, or issued to general troops are protected and not subject to NFA". "Or" and "and" are important. We don't want someone interpreting it to mean that it must meet both criteria.

For me, that still seems a bit restrictive, but I see where you're going. It's a very good place to start.

If we're doing that, I would go with "arms in common use, or issued to general troops are protected and not subject to NFA". "Or" and "and" are important. We don't want someone interpreting it to mean that it must meet both criteria.

For me, that still seems a bit restrictive, but I see where you're going. It's a very good place to start.
The problem is "arms in common use" may not apply to arms exclusively made for the Military, due to the fact of Hughes Amendment which prohibits non-FFL people from owning post-1986 "machine guns" (automatics made since then, including M4 and MP5 models). Yes it could be argued that the use by military makes it "common use" but they are not commonly available legally to us peons

The problem is "arms in common use" may not apply to arms exclusively made for the Military, due to the fact of Hughes Amendment which prohibits non-FFL people from owning post-1986 "machine guns" (automatics made since then, including M4 and MP5 models). Yes it could be argued that the use by military makes it "common use" but they are not commonly available legally to us peons
This is exactly what I'm saying. This is why I suggest "or" rather than "and". Consider this example:

"I'm keeping all of the marbles that are green and red. You can have the rest."

"I'm keeping all of the marbles that are green or red. You can have the rest."

In the first case, I've seen legal interpretations that would let me keep only marbles that contain both colors. I would forfeit any purely green or purely red marbles. In the second I would get to keep the greens and reds, and red + greens.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top