JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One small but very significant aspect of all of this legislation is the fact that the Consumer Protection Agency is the authority and as such the AG's office will go after these businesses in a Civil court manner not criminal or in simple terms the burden of proof will be "Preponderance of evidence or More Likely than Not" (aka Family Court Rules) versus "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" (actual legal standard).

Having been involved in Family Court Litigation for the last 15 years I would not want to be a business and try my luck on some ASW litigation in any Court in this state.

It looks like the scumbag tyrants were able to move one of the court challenges to Thurston County (from Grant) right in Insley's backyard...
Why does this not fcking surprise me, all the anti-gunners in both the legislature and judicial system in Washington state are corrupt!

It looks like the scumbag tyrants were able to move one of the court challenges to Thurston County (from Grant) right in Insley's backyard...
Why does this not fcking surprise me, all the anti-gunners in both the legislature and judicial system in Washington state are corrupt!

The country can only exist as a Republic so long as its people and its leadership remain virtuous. Hence the death spiral.

This seems like a mistake by serranto (the attorney) to me. I don't know who the right people to list on the lawsuit would be, maybe sheriff?, maybe a larger gun rights org?, individual gun owner? to make it stay local. Seems like a rookie mistake.

Supreme Court has said that infringement of constitutional rights (ie even for a day) constitutes irreparable harm. So having an individual rather than a business (an llc) as the names plaintiff might have been enough. Again this seems like a basic rookie mistake to me and I don't think the longer-tenured orgs like GOA, SAF, FPC, NSSF woudl make that mistake. Personally I have not been impressed with anything I've seen from this serranto guy and his pretty new organization.

Contrast that with GOA who stopped m114 in OR with an injunction (naming both wider groups as well as local individuals as plaintiffs) and NSSF that has Paul Clement (the bruen winning lawyer) on their team. Those kind of folks are not going to make these basic mistakes methinks.

Last Edited:
Anybody get any updates or hear anything about the much anticipated Benitez descision?

It was a hot topic for a while, seems to have died on the vine.
Does anybody know if all the hubbub about the scared straight thing is over with? If there are still active complaints or whatever he may be waiting until those are put to bed to reduce chances of an appeal (ie ruling by a judge "under investigation" no matter how bogus the accusations are).

Does anybody know if all the hubbub about the scared straight thing is over with? If there are still active complaints or whatever he may be waiting until those are put to bed to reduce chances of an appeal (ie ruling by a judge "under investigation" no matter how bogus the accusations are).
Another witchhunt to get rid of a conservative pro-gun Judge...

Testimony this week.

House Bill 1240 would ban the sale and manufacture of semi-automatic weapons with at least one military-style feature, for example an AR-15 would be banned under this bill.

Those against the ban say the bill wouldn't just ban weapons, it would also cost people their jobs.

"This bill prohibits manufacturing, and will result in a direct layoff and plant closure of our facility in Lakewood, Washington. While I'm against this bill, more importantly, I am speaking up and standing up for our 600 employees," said Janie Vigil, Vice President Human Resources at Aero Precision.

Just last week, Washington State Sheriffs' Association issued a letter criticizing Governor Inslee's ban, saying in part: "The new proposals to restrict gun ownership would further infringe on rights that have been clearly and repeatedly established. The rise in violent crime that so concerns citizens has happened even as regulations and restrictions on firearm ownership have grown."

Also discussed at Tuesday's Legislative Session, a bill that would give local governments the power to pass their own gun control laws. The bill would allow cities and counties to pass their own laws in addition to state law, allowing for more restrictive gun control in certain parts of the state.

One proponent actually said "and other guns that kill people"
Next will be long guns and revolvers--its just a matter of time. We good men do nothing--Evil men prevail. Will we ban knives like London now does? Will we ban "Hammers" which kill many each year? We're will it end. Legislating human behavior never works.

As the saying goes; 'When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'. Been that way for about 3 million years, yet some allegedly more evolved Homo Sapiens think a rule here and there will change that.

Next will be long guns and revolvers--its just a matter of time. We good men do nothing--Evil men prevail. Will we ban knives like London now does? Will we ban "Hammers" which kill many each year? We're will it end. Legislating human behavior never works.
History keeps repeating because so few pay attention too it. :(
By the time I could buy my first gun there was a HUGE push going on to ban handguns. ALL handguns. When they could not get far with that they started chipping away around the edges. Went after "some" handguns. The term "Saturday Night Special" became a talking point. Many gun owners shrugged, saying they did not own one of those so they did not care. Any of this sound familiar here? Nothing has changed and WAY too many gun owners still just ignore this. Until some new law finally hits them. Then they scream. :s0092:

Can someone give a quick rundown of the Washington gun laws. Not the numbers of the bills, but what they do.

1) >10 round magazine ban
2) Assault Weapons Ban
3) Sale, import, transfer, or possession of ?
4) ?
5) ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews