JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this bill was proposed by Liz Berry
she used to work for Gabby Gifford, you remember her
The Democrats brought her in from Washington DC just to propose anti gun legislation as directed by the Gifford Foundation
So why does the Left Wing import these activists into Warshington state? We already have more than our fair measure of burdensome gun controls. Why not target, say, a southern state, where there may be fewer gun laws? Is it because they see our highly socialized state as an easy mark, an easy score? Whereas, say in Arkansas, they wouldn't have a chance of success. Is it about scores?

So why does the Left Wing import these activists into Warshington state? We already have more than our fair measure of burdensome gun controls. Why not target, say, a southern state, where there may be fewer gun laws? Is it because they see our highly socialized state as an easy mark, an easy score? Whereas, say in Arkansas, they wouldn't have a chance of success. Is it about scores?
I wonder the same thing myself. It's as if they're probing soft spots and then attacking where they can find a weakness, much like cancer or an other opportunistic disease.

A thought if this legislation passes in WA State.

Most point-of-sale (POS) systems are integrated with a Tax system to calculate tax and due to the complexity and variance in City, County, and State taxes and tax rates.

So if I put on my IT hat it would imply a new code or set of codes to identify that it is ammunition in the sale in order to apply the additional tax for the ammunition.

Tracking...
Yep, we put a man on the moon, I am sure they will figure out how to charge the ammo tax.

How many of these other horrible ideas are going to make it out now? I don't know enough of how to tell from the legislative calendar.

Thanks for all you do SS!
The 31st is the cutoff date for all bill to be passed out of committee and read onto the floor. If it hasn't had a hearing, its dead. It its not on todays executive session, its dead. The House and Senate have no more executive sessions scheduled after today and there are NO gun bills on today's Senate exec session. SB5963 is done. Ammo tax dead. 2118 (kill the FFLS) is the monster in the the pipeline and queued up to do maximum damage.

session calendar.JPG

The cynic in me perceives this menu-sorting as a deliberate choice to save items for next year. That way the anti-freedom "feelings not facts" politicians can sell the remaining items to their voters in annual installments. I believe this is why the "assault weapons" ban was not passed the same year as the mag ban.

As popular as I believe this site is, I don't believe I've ever come across a member at any of the popular shooting sites near me and usually ask. I find most (90%+) of proposed gun legislation here. A big box store or a lot of LGS don't bring it up to casual customers.

I talk about it to my friends who are casual shooters but it never goes anywhere. Gun issues don't seem to bother a lot of shooters until they see what just got passed on the news.

There are some youtube sites that do a good job as well as GOA, OFF and FPRC. Even with those, the word is hard to get out to the masses.
Cascade Firearms in Vancouver normally has information posted in his store. Sporting Systems likewise. I belong to Clark Rifles, a private club, and we get involved pretty much every time the legislature is in session. There have been times when we rented a van or two and headed for Olympia for public comment on bills. The NRA -ILA sends out grassroots notifications of bills as well.

As you point out, the "Casual shooters" are the ones that don't get involved. Too bad. At my age, it would be easy for me to just kick back and not have a care about it. I have enough ammo and reloading components to last to the end of my days. It's not in my DNA to quit a fight. It brightens my day to be a PITA to the libs.

The cynic in me perceives this menu-sorting as a deliberate choice to save items for next year. That way the anti-freedom "feelings not facts" politicians can sell the remaining items to their voters in annual installments. I believe this is why the "assault weapons" ban was not passed the same year as the mag ban.
It's not cynial at all, but EXACTLY what they do. Just like a locksmith brute-forcing a combination lock, keep spinning the tumblers until something gives.

It doesn't appear there is a very successful one.

Advocacy groups are only strengthened by grass roots support of like minded citizens. If you can't make it to the legislature personally to participate in public discourse, then at least send money to a group that is trying to do something. Correspond with your elected representatives. I started supporting Washington Civil Rights and the 2A foundation, as well as GOA. Being a Life Member of the NRA, like so many others I was disgusted with LaPierre and quit donating. Now that this huckster has resigned, maybe they'll start seeing something from me.

The 31st is the cutoff date for all bill to be passed out of committee and read onto the floor. If it hasn't had a hearing, its dead. It its not on todays executive session, its dead. The House and Senate have no more executive sessions scheduled after today and there are NO gun bills on today's Senate exec session. SB5963 is done. Ammo tax dead. 2118 (kill the FFLS) is the monster in the the pipeline and queued up to do maximum damage.

View attachment 1812373
As of Monday afternoon, HB 2238 was not scheduled for any committee hearings.

Dave Workman, communications director with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said he "wouldn't consider this idea dead until the session ends."

The current 60-day regular legislative session concludes on March 7.

No, nothing cynical about that. There is a plan, an agenda. This is exactly what these cretins in the statehouse are doing. They're patient -- they know they've already inflicted the most significant damage -- so in the near future, they'll finish us off slowly, and completely.

Next session I fully expect to see a bill delineating that those of us who possess "grandfathered" firearms and magazines will be required to register them with the state. You know what will happen after that...

No, nothing cynical about that. There is a plan, an agenda. This is exactly what these cretins in the statehouse are doing. They're patient -- they know they've already inflicted the most significant damage -- so in the near future, they'll finish us off slowly, and completely.

Next session I fully expect to see a bill delineating that those of us who possess "grandfathered" firearms and magazines will be required to register them with the state. You know what will happen after that...
Many boating accidents will occur?

Advocacy groups are only strengthened by grass roots support of like minded citizens. If you can't make it to the legislature personally to participate in public discourse, then at least send money to a group that is trying to do something. Correspond with your elected representatives. I started supporting Washington Civil Rights and the 2A foundation, as well as GOA. Being a Life Member of the NRA, like so many others I was disgusted with LaPierre and quit donating. Now that this huckster has resigned, maybe they'll start seeing something from me.
I'm a little warmer, but Frenchy's handmaiden and sockpuppet Cotton has gotta go too.

Here's a wrinkle with regards to guns & ammo taxes, not just WA but nationwide..

We're all familiar with the idea of "government cannot charge a tax/fee for exercising a right guaranteed by Constitution";

However.. in the opinion section of Murdock v. Pennsylvania;

"A state may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. Thus, it may not exact a license tax for the privilege of carrying on interstate commerce (McGoldrick v. Berwind-White Co., 309 U. S. 33, 309 U. S. 56-58), although it may tax the property used in, or the income derived from, that commerce, so long as those taxes are not discriminatory. Id., p. 309 U. S. 47, and cases cited."

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews