JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would think that such an instantaneous and dramatic increase in renewal rates for a very specific group of business people would warrant legal action.
If I were an FFL, I'd be taking that all the way to SCOTUS in a class-action employment discrimination case.
No doubt if it is allowed to stand it will be fought. Of course the sad part is many will just close their doors since it will take years to get relief from the courts. :(

Perhaps an ERPO filed against side show bob? Or inslee? Perhaps other anti 2a `elected` individuals? Just saying, they're scaring me if they have weapons! I sure can't/wouldn't trust them or their judgment.

Dan

I would think that such an instantaneous and dramatic increase in renewal rates for a very specific group of business people would warrant legal action.
If I were an FFL, I'd be taking that all the way to SCOTUS in a class-action employment discrimination case.

And, of course, I will, too...
Business insurance (D&O, general liability, etc.) is about risk. Risk goes up with the new law. Honestly, I'm surprised any FFL is even insurable under the new law.

The AW ban was the focus, but the "public nuisance" law allowing FFL and manufacturers to be sued will cause the most issues IMO.

Are there any online vendors willing to ship AR parts to Washington…..

Looking for small parts kits
Again asking here will not really be worth much until you try. The simple way? Pick a site, try to order parts, see if they let the sale go through. The problem with "new laws" like this can be often taking a while for things to shake out. Days after this went in I checked Brownells, have an account there. Looked at an AR lower parts kit. They asked for my zip and said no. So logged into my Midway account, put one in my cart. All it said was if I add another $15 I get free shipping. So I put 2 in the cart. Did not really need them now but figured could not hurt to have more and places the order. They showed up week later. Now does this mean Midway will do that today? Again, only one way to find out. To check this you do not actually have to order. Put something in your cart and the site will most likely tell you if the answer is no.

Apparently AIM Surplus won't even ship a bolt-action rifle with a threaded barrel to WA at this moment.

Which is absurd given that bolt guns are specifically exempted.

So yeah seems like a lot of naive reactions happening.

Apparently AIM Surplus won't even ship a bolt-action rifle with a threaded barrel to WA at this moment.

Which is absurd given that bolt guns are specifically exempted.

So yeah seems like a lot of naive reactions happening.
It has nothing to do with the AWB. It's because of the unprecedented FFL liability laws that aim to bankrupt FFLs at the AGs whim.

Because if the AG deems that the FFL that does business in WA is a "nuisance", by whatever metric, they will be sued out of existence. Action type is irrelevant.
So then any firearm, ammunition, part, anything referred to as a "product" by 5078 means being sued out of existence.

I don't think so.

FFL's and parts dealers will be overly cautious on Washington Shipments, it does not make business sense to potentially expose your business, your employee's everything you have worked to build to deal with Washington. Bob Ferguson spent $80 million tax dollars on outside council to sue the Trump Administration, all politically motivated btw, he will not hesitate so a second to sue a FFL out of existence. The average business cannot withstand the litigious onslaught the State Attorney General can and will bring.

These guys are business people and have to make choices best for the continuation of that, any ill will should be directed at Inslee and Ferguson and the Democrats not the business trying to navigate these insane acts of legislation.

FFL's and parts dealers will be overly cautious on Washington Shipments, it does not make business sense to potentially expose your business, your employee's everything you have worked to build to deal with Washington. Bob Ferguson spent $80 million tax dollars on outside council to sue the Trump Administration, all politically motivated btw, he will not hesitate so a second to sue a FFL out of existence. The average business cannot withstand the litigious onslaught the State Attorney General can and will bring.

These guys are business people and have to make choices best for the continuation of that, any ill will should be directed at Inslee and Ferguson and the Democrats not the business trying to navigate these insane acts of legislation.
You forgot, most important: And Those Who Put Them In Power.

5078:

(6) A firearm industry member shall not manufacture, distribute, import, market, offer for wholesale, or offer for retail sale a firearm industry product that is:
(a) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that foreseeably promotes conversion of legal firearm industry products into illegal firearm industry products; or
(b) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that is targeted at minors or individuals who are legally prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms.
(7) A violation of this section is a public nuisance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top