JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this bill was proposed by Liz Berry
she used to work for Gabby Gifford, you remember her
The Democrats brought her in from Washington DC just to propose anti gun legislation as directed by the Gifford Foundation
the bill is only in committee at this time - I sighed up for updates

The lawmakers would have to pass that against themselves. See how this works?
1705375580053.png

Well, write to your reps and let them know that you oppose this bill.
There's a "Find my district button if you don't know who your reps are and when you put in your address it gives you links to your reps and senator.
When you write to one there's an option to send your message to the other rep and your state senator.
Easy peasy ;)

Well, write to your reps and let them know that you oppose this bill.
There's a "Find my district button if you don't know who your reps are and when you put in your address it gives you links to your reps and senator.
When you write to one there's an option to send your message to the other rep and your state senator.
Easy peasy ;)
I've said it before & will again, write to EVERY LEGISLATOR! When bubblegum like this gets voted in, it's the effort by more than your own reps. Every damn one of these asswipes that support these types of bills contribute to the erosion of our rites.

I posted a DIRECT EMAIL LINK somewhere on this site to EVERY HOUSE & SENATE member so everyone can email them without the song & dance of the find your rep/district bs. If you can't find it, at least do like GWS said to do. And tell those legislators you may not not reside in their district but every damn bill they pass affects you!

Dan

The only effective way to stop these laws that I have seen is in the courts. The D lawmakers of WA, OR, and CA do not listen or give any consideration to what is legal, what citizens who believe in 2A think, discussion in political "hearings", rally's, proper legislative procedure, etc.

Someone needs to sue based on this infringes on their 2A right. Donating to GOA, FPC, SAF, NAGR will help the fight as well as writing to those groups to urge them to take on the fight. Threatening to sue before this ever becomes law may cause them to drop it (I doubt it but it's worth a try).

A thought if this legislation passes in WA State.

Most point-of-sale (POS) systems are integrated with a Tax system to calculate tax and due to the complexity and variance in City, County, and State taxes and tax rates.

So if I put on my IT hat it would imply a new code or set of codes to identify that it is ammunition in the sale in order to apply the additional tax for the ammunition.

Tracking...

Revenue from this silly tax will fund free crack & heroin needles for the needy..... :rolleyes:
There will be no revenue as all of the ammo will be purchased prior to implementation, in fact the 8.5% current sales tax will not be collected either, it is a tax losing bill, lots of tax that will no longer exist.

Who here will be buying ammo in Washington after the first of the year?

There will be no revenue as all of the ammo will be purchased prior to implementation, in fact the 8.5% current sales tax will not be collected either, it is a tax losing bill, lots of tax that will no longer exist.

Sounds like we need to start setting up convoys to Idaho...

I have family out of state. It will be cheaper to ship to them and go pick it up. These people are some special sort of dumb.

Probably some of the people that buy their TVs, clothing and other hard goods up there. Vantucky residents are lucky to have no tax charged shopping in Oregon so close. Some of those farther up North will probably pay the taxes. Thanks to the SCOTUS, online ammo retailers will be forced to charge the tax and pass it along or risk facing the wrath of sideshow Bob.

Hey listen I am agreeing with you and others here. I am just telling you that with the new conservative "traditionalists" on the SCOTUS and Circuit courts, Just like Roe v Wade, if it is NOT specifically in the US Constitution, they leave the rights to the states. No place in Constitution does it mention ammo. YES it is Assumed but not specifically stated which is why every single states' ammo ban/regulation/tax etc so far has been upheld.
That argument really stinks considering free speech has long been applied to technology that isn't specifically mentioned in the constitution either.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews