JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A new section is added to chapter 82.08 RCW to read as follows:
(1) There is levied and collected a tax upon each retail sale of ammunition at the rate of 11 percent of the selling price.
(2) This tax is in addition to the federal, state, and local sales and use tax imposed on sales of goods and services under this chapter and chapter 82.14 RCW.78
(3) The tax imposed under this section does not apply to sales to state, local, or tribal governments for the purposes of supplying law enforcement agencies.

If you reside in WA State then I suggest you get busy buying since I believe this draft Legislation will be approved, voted in, and take effect before the end of 2024.

I use and recommend AmmoSeek which is a free search engine for ammo. Create a free profile, and set search alerts for the ammo you want and at a price per round (before shipping). I have no affiliation with AmmoSeek - I just like and use their free service.

Damn that is rough. Turning up the dial on the frog in the pot.

I expect the Marxist utopists will attempt that here next.

"Why are you opposed to common sense gun reform," they said

"Nobody wants to take your guns!" they said

Taxation-Registration-Confiscation ---> UK style Gun Control

A new section is added to chapter 82.08 RCW to read as follows:
(1) There is levied and collected a tax upon each retail sale of ammunition at the rate of 11 percent of the selling price.
(2) This tax is in addition to the federal, state, and local sales and use tax imposed on sales of goods and services under this chapter and chapter 82.14 RCW.78
(3) The tax imposed under this section does not apply to sales to state, local, or tribal governments for the purposes of supplying law enforcement agencies.

Which is why, at the moment anyway, reload!
I've used ammoseek for years. Great place to find your want's/needs.

Dan

All vendors need to impose a 90% tax for law enforcement sales. Get the point across that they work for US not Olympia. Budget boards an commissioners wouldn't approve that price increase so depts would go without.

Good, we need some more pain to wake up more shooters. If this goes in you will see shooters come to the net to rant and rave MONTHS later. They will have "just found out" this happened and want to know why no one stopped it. They of course will have tossed their ballot in the trash.

When will it end!? How is this not blatant harassment? How can these continued bills be legal?
It will end when some law makers start to lose their jobs, not before. As to "legal"? Legal by whom? Some of these may not last the courts but, that could take many years. The law makers passing the laws could care less if they lose years later in court. They will just make up more laws until it costs them their job.

Good, we need some more pain to wake up more shooters. If this goes in you will see shooters come to the net to rant and rave MONTHS later. They will have "just found out" this happened and want to know why no one stopped it. They of course will have tossed their ballot in the trash.
Maybe banning centerfire and rimfire ammo would wake some people up.

Is there an advocacy group fighting for the people in Washington?
What about this effort?

As popular as I believe this site is, I don't believe I've ever come across a member at any of the popular shooting sites near me and usually ask. I find most (90%+) of proposed gun legislation here. A big box store or a lot of LGS don't bring it up to casual customers.

I talk about it to my friends who are casual shooters but it never goes anywhere. Gun issues don't seem to bother a lot of shooters until they see what just got passed on the news.

There are some youtube sites that do a good job as well as GOA, OFF and FPRC. Even with those, the word is hard to get out to the masses.

As popular as I believe this site is, I don't believe I've ever come across a member at any of the popular shooting sites near me and usually ask. I find most (90%+) of proposed gun legislation here. A big box store or a lot of LGS don't bring it up to casual customers.

I talk about it to my friends who are casual shooters but it never goes anywhere. Gun issues don't seem to bother a lot of shooters until they see what just got passed on the news.

There are some youtube sites that do a good job as well as GOA, OFF and FPRC. Even with those, the word is hard to get out to the masses.
It comes up a lot at my 2nd job but it never elevates beyond the complaint phase.

Is there an advocacy group fighting for the people in Washington?
Some but most of the problem is the gun community. Its hard for any group to do much until a LOT more people start to be willing to do something. WAY too many who should know better either completely ignore what's going on or actually support the law makers doing it. This is what has to change or we will just keep losing.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Write a letter...:mad:
1. Since this state has a huge $ surplus, why isn't that $ being utilized for this wanna-be bill?
2. Include EVERY ammo buyer in the taxing scheme including ANY/ALL government entities!

What is the budget for Washington State 2023-2024?
The enacted budget was based on a March 2023 revenue forecast of $65.7 billion; the June forecast was revised upward to $66.0 billion for the biennium. The June estimate includes $32.5 billion for fiscal 2024 (a 1.6 percent annual decrease) and $33.5 billion for fiscal 2025 (a 3.2 percent annual increase).

Here, I fixed the bill for them...:) They had a few things wrong.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 2.
(3) The tax imposed under this section applies to sales to local, or tribal governments for the purposes of supplying law enforcement agencies.
(1) A use tax is levied on every person in this state for the privilege of using ammunition as a consumer at the rate of 11 percent of the selling price.
(3) The tax imposed under this section applies to sales to local, or tribal governments for the purposes of supplying law enforcement agencies.

Dan

Last Edited:
It will end when some law makers start to lose their jobs, not before. As to "legal"? Legal by whom? Some of these may not last the courts but, that could take many years. The law makers passing the laws could care less if they lose years later in court. They will just make up more laws until it costs them their job.

Actually, every law involving ammunition bans/restrictions has been upheld by the courts in five different federal districts... Why? The gun Control Advocates actually were thinking this time, given the conservative loading of the courts (follow the historical meaning in the constitution) You have a constitutional right to a firearm but there is nothing in the constitution about the right to obtain ammunition for it. The CGA are idiots but you have to give them credit for actually finding a single thing they are winning on nationwide in the courts.

Actually, every law involving ammunition bans/restrictions has been upheld by the courts in five different federal districts... Why? The gun Control Advocates actually were thinking this time, given the conservative loading of the courts (follow the historical meaning in the constitution) You have a constitutional right to a firearm but there is nothing in the constitution about the right to obtain ammunition for it. The CGA are idiots but you have to give them credit for actually finding a single thing they are winning on nationwide in the courts.
For a LONG time many have been warning people who scream "rights" to NOT expect the courts to save them. Every new law that effects us that hits I hear the screaming about they can't do that. They can do anything they want until some black robe says no. Counting on black robes to "fix" things for people who will not vote? Recipe for failure. :(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews