JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've suspected for years that the pebbles that start rolling and eventually start an avalanche are kicked by industry "insiders".

I'm not saying don't stock up but when you have something to gain from a buying frenzy, it makes you look like a db when you say it.

Yeah, thought about that. However, everything in the world moves in cycles. With the up coming election and Supreme Court changes, I'm leaning to, "Better to have it and not need it. Then need it and not have it.".

I am doing my part.

I've been buying ammo in sizable quantities (500 to 1000 CF rounds) every month - when I find it at a decent price.

Hornady was talking to the distribution chain - not the end consumer.

Every time I look at ammo listings, I find a significant portion of what I would buy is out of stock. So there are still shortages - i.e., there is still ammo that people would buy, but can't because retailers don't have it or can't get it.

I think the last couple of election cycles awoke otherwise ignorant folks.
They snuffled-up all the .22s, guns, survival rations.

One of my super-powers is pickin-up brass.
More on the ground now than the past 8 years.
Indicates environmental turn-around.
Environment being full(er) ammo shelfs in discerning homes across 'merica.
Could indicate a fresh breeze of hope in the financial side of things.
Maybe not, seeing ammo and gun dumping in the classifieds.

If the wife sees one more bimart bag or ups box, i'm toast.

I'm pretty well stocked. I always am! I keep enough to shoot and enough for defense! The defensive has just been boosted by a member here!
I seriously recommend that folks stock the pantry, gun safe and ammo locker! I'm getting my PU and Outback fixed up too!

Last Edited:
I think the last couple of election cycles awoke otherwise ignorant folks.
They snuffled-up all the .22s, guns, survival rations.

One of my super-powers is pickin-up brass.
More on the ground now than the past 8 years.
Indicates environmental turn-around.
Environment being full(er) ammo shelfs in discerning homes across 'merica.
Could indicate a fresh breeze of hope in the financial side of things.
Maybe not, seeing ammo and gun dumping in the classifieds.

If the wife sees one more bimart bag or ups box, i'm toast.
Then Don let her see it.
It's like sheltering children from the truth sometimes.

It is said: "The best time to plant an oak tree is 20 years ago, but the second-best time is right now."

The same exact thing could be said of an ammo hoard. The only way to get to one's goals is to buy some now, and next month, and the month after that. Thankfully for me, I started my hoard just before SandyHook and never stopped. Although I'll never have "enough" since of course I like to shoot some of it, I'm pretty close to feeling immune from the market's fluctuations of supply and demand.

But then, I keep an eye on the ammo classifieds more than once a day...and deals still slip through my fingers from you hoarders!!:p

The shortages go in cycles. The longer you have been shooting the more you have seen.
We haven't fully recovered from the last one and we are talking about the next one.
I have a backorder for one of my favorite powders that is over 3 years old.
Am I going without until it gets here? NO.
I've adapted to something that is available.
Shortage or not, I plan on shooting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads