JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel the same way, my firearms, gear and ammunition is one of the few "investments" I actually feel good about. Worst case scenario my family could keep a couple things, sell the rest and be better off. My son has a nice "gift" when I pass on, hopefully his Son too and so on and so forth.
I will leave most of my 401K/IRA/et. al. to my daughter and live off other assets and investments, so hopefully when she has to retire she has the funds to do that. Any withdrawals I have to make will mostly be reinvested in a fund she can access first without taxes.

But at some point I do believe she and her husband may not be able to legally buy firearms or ammo, no matter how much money they have, so a stash would be good - I just hope they never have to use it and that the land/house and funds I leave her will be enough for her to survive, or better yet, to retire in comfort.

I wonder how many "Buy up to stock up" or "Buy up to shoot up". Right now I'm pretty grateful that I'm still on the waiting list for Clark Rifles. My shooting opportunities are greatly curtailed and my stockpiles just keep growing.
I mostly buy to stock up.

I don't shoot that much anymore - usually I shoot rimfire for enjoyment and centerfire to make sure the guns I buy are reliable.

Generally, unless you're paying a premium, I consider most "JHP" to be little better than ball ammo, most of it is absolutely terrible.

If they expand and penetrate reliably, then that is generally good enough for me, and that is a lot better than what FMJ projectiles typically do. The Remington UMC JHPs are not quite as good as the "premium" ammo, but they do expand reliably and don't plug up with denim. The rifle ammo - ditto - almost anything is better than the FMJ, and almost nothing is worse.

Just couldn't help myself. Saw CCI primers and bought a couple thousand. This is a far cry from when I was a young boy starting out reloading. I would buy 100 primers for less than sixty cents, and I thought THAT was a lot of primers.

I wonder how many "Buy up to stock up" or "Buy up to shoot up". Right now I'm pretty grateful that I'm still on the waiting list for Clark Rifles. My shooting opportunities are greatly curtailed and my stockpiles just keep growing.
What's shooting?

I thought everyone bought to stockpile...?

Buy 1000, shoot 100.

So with that formula because the AR pistols went through about 800 rounds last Saturday with my son and I we need to stockpile 8000 rounds?
Or should we start with 8000 and shoot 800?
The theory is shoot 10% of what you bought. Always be ahead of the curve, never behind it.

:p

If they expand and penetrate reliably, then that is generally good enough for me, and that is a lot better than what FMJ projectiles typically do. The Remington UMC JHPs are not quite as good as the "premium" ammo, but they do expand reliably and don't plug up with denim. The rifle ammo - ditto - almost anything is better than the FMJ, and almost nothing is worse.

Not going to argue in the least... rifle ammo is much easier to "get right" than pistol ammo... you really need to have good quality control of the lead, and you need to upset it properly. I've got a mix of barnes, nosler, and a few others that are my "go to" SHTF ammo, none of it is SS109/M855. I will make exceptions for M193, but that's in the "running out of ammo" selection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top