JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just post your issues here, he is probably a member, seeing as I see enough times in threads here about how some members state they would act the same way as that guy did...

Have to agree that filing a complaint with the deputy's office is a good first step.
also, publishing on one of the neighborhood site as a warning to others to not stop anywhere near there.

Hate to dump on the Law enforcement but too many of these dudes have gotten the Gestapo mindset or the I'm staying out of it unless I absolutely have to do something. They do themselves and their fellow officers no favors.

Still don't get how this is not a clear cut case of assualt. Brandishing is a crime.
And have to agree with the others, other than following up with publishing the incident and legal methods stay away from the rest of it. Even though that feels like what is really needed. The time is coming when we might have to take matyters into our own hands but that time is not now.

Thurston County sheriff deputy arrived. After a brief discussion of the incident, He told my wife he had a right to point a gun at her because he was on his property.
Call and request a meeting (with witnesses) with the Thurston County SHERIFF and inform him/her of this and describe this situation completely and do not falter !

I have done this on two occasions with the Deschutes County Sheriff (over the years) and got an 'acceptable' outcome from it.

Assuming that......
IF, the verbal threatening (or the pointing of a laser) incident was a Misdemeanor offense. And, the Police did not arrest the suspect.

"Warrant advise".
In Hawaii (way back when) it was called that.

Incident recorded....
So, go to the DA's office and see if they agree that a WARRANT should/would/or wouldn't be issued.

That is....IF you wish to carry it further.

I guess technically.....it could also happen in a FELONY case. Though dare I say that....the DA's office would prefer that the Police act first (with Felony cases). But then.....different methods for handling situations.....so try whatever.

Aloha, Mark

Going to go that route. My wife called her friend of 20 years who's a judge. She recommended a local attorney. Might not win but it gets him into the county records.
And will end up costing you a bundle. Take it to a lawyer and they will milk you for every cent you are worth. Let it go and avoid the guy in the future.

What's up with lawsuit talk? He'll deny it and there's no evidence that he did it. Her word against his. That's not a lawsuit.

How about cost? I spent $100k in attorney's fees just trying to get the power company to be reasonable about bringing power to my new home outside of Medford, Or.

Be the adult in the room and forget it.

That kind of behavior will get someone killed. This old man is a time bomb and some person just pulling off will get shot because this old guy thinks he is the king of the world. Even if it was a laser pointer, thats just an insane thing to say and then do to someone simply sitting in their own vehicle. No right to make someone feel unsafe as they are sitting in their vehicle not harming him or his property.

Zero excuses can condone his actions.

But, I countered that if I pointed a firearm at someone that is ok? Yep. OK in WA if I'm on my property.

Remember, the "peaceful protesters" that had entered the private community? And all of the butt hurt over the couple protecting their home from their front porch while armed?

OK, Ok, ok......different laws for different places.

And mind you, that I'm NOT advocating for pointing firearms at someone else. And that....in general.....could also cover lasers.

But, IF.....the laser was or was NOT connected to a gun?

Is the gun REAL?

Yeah......I guess that might just be something different again.

Oh but.....lasers can be powerful enough to cause eye injury.

Yes.....so, I guess that will all have to be brought up at the trial. Bring the evidence?

Rrrrright.....IF..... it gets that far.

And the world marches on.

REMEMBER....I'm NOT a lawyer and I have no advice to give to anyone.
i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The LEO's most likely to stand up to Tyranny are all retiring or have already been fired by Inslee.

This dude just has to roll around in his cruiser and say "Sorry, my hands are tied".

To be clear, I think the guy is an ashat, but when she decided it was time to call the police, it seems to me that was also the time to leave the area. Sounds like she was done with her original call and there is probably cell service somewhere else within a quarter mile. Again, I side with you and your wife on this and am not blaming her for anything.

Not a lawyer.

Someone had me " served " with a frivolous small claim summons. His full name and physical address were included in the documents.

At this moment, you and your address are unknown to the armed person you are contemplating starting a feud with.

Might think about that for a few days before going ahead with whatever.

The LEO was wrong, Id bring this up with his department. It is not legal to point a gun at a trespasser, if the wife was even trespassing at all.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top