JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I use to take my dog to swim in that creek but not anymore, otherwise it would've only a matter of time I'd send one of those scumbags floating down it.
Yup, Cascade park used to be a super place to take the doggies for a run or a swim, (as it's a short walk there) but not any more! I demanded the city drain the ponds and clean them out after the campers get booted, and was told that they didn't have the budget! I called the Coast Guard who told them THEY DO have the budget and that they would be monitoring the clean up efforts closely!

Oregon is working on legislature to provide free state ID cards and free replacements of lost ID cards for the homeless. Non-homeless, of course, must still pay for all issuances. The homeless aren't going to decrease anytime soon in Oregon.

Not just Portland.... We own a retail business in McMinnville and almost every night the drug addict excrement of society shows up in front of the building and pass out/shoot up!
Ironically enough it's right where a large sign is posted on the wall stating the Oregon statute for no loitering or trespassing! Have called McMinnville PD numerous times asking them to please come and enforce the law... Not once have they ever showed up, and last time I was told by dispatch that they "no longer respond to those kind of calls" and when asked by me if something should happen to my biz, employees and or customers because they refuse to enforce the law she called my an agitator and said I was looking to cause trouble! Are you effing kidding me? It's so backwards and effed up anymore it's beyond laughable! But don't forget to pay your massive tax bill so they can buy shiny new cars, bodycams and all sorts of expensive equipment! I'm so done with law enforcement! Worthless!

This is a disturbing and twisted state of affairs.

Antifa 'offshoots' patrol the park to make sure the LEOs and city workers do not harass the homeless?

Since when do they have any authority? They might think so do to weak city government and what happens when the time comes they stand up and declare themselves the 'authority'?

As previously mentioned this is not going to end well - and hopefully not for the Antifa activists.
It will last only as long as it did in Seattle when they came to the Mayor's door after 2 months. One night of that was too much for her but everyone else got to suffer like that for 2 months. Scum. These people don't care about you. Just their power and keeping it.

Not just Portland.... We own a retail business in McMinnville and almost every night the drug addict excrement of society shows up in front of the building and pass out/shoot up!
Ironically enough it's right where a large sign is posted on the wall stating the Oregon statute for no loitering or trespassing! Have called McMinnville PD numerous times asking them to please come and enforce the law... Not once have they ever showed up, and last time I was told by dispatch that they "no longer respond to those kind of calls" and when asked by me if something should happen to my biz, employees and or customers because they refuse to enforce the law she called my an agitator and said I was looking to cause trouble! Are you effing kidding me? It's so backwards and effed up anymore it's beyond laughable! But don't forget to pay your massive tax bill so they can buy shiny new cars, bodycams and all sorts of expensive equipment! I'm so done with law enforcement! Worthless!
Welcome to a certain political groups version of America....

and when asked by me if something should happen to my biz, employees and or customers because they refuse to enforce the law she called my an agitator and said I was looking to cause trouble!
That was a VERY WRONG response from a 'representative' for the PD. I would have got her name and went public to the news with that. Maybe even taken it nationally with a 'conservative' news station.

It's true! They have a couple of Armed "Enforcers" down here in Salem who patrol the mondo homeless camp behind the walliwirld all the way down Turner road. They are supposedly affiliated with some church group, but there is no proof, and they sure look like agitators to me! Salem P.D. has warned them not to set foot outside that park with their guns, or else they get arrested and loose their gun rights!
Would love to see more evidence of this. No knock towards you. Just need to show their friends.

Yea, we get a "Body Recovery" almost daily here, seems every time I look, there is a white corners van parked and a yellow tarp on the ground! I hear the same thing 9 times out of 10, drug over dose! The 1 time is exposure, ether due to the high temps, or cold!
At least the OD's that don't make it reduce the bum/druggy population. That might have been their biggest contribution to society ever!

It's true! They have a couple of Armed "Enforcers" down here in Salem who patrol the mondo homeless camp behind the walliwirld all the way down Turner road. They are supposedly affiliated with some church group, but there is no proof, and they sure look like agitators to me! Salem P.D. has warned them not to set foot outside that park with their guns, or else they get arrested and loose their gun rights!
On what charge? Open carry is legal in Oregon, and if they can't arrest them in the park they can't do it outside of the park for merely open carrying. It's a public park, not their private property.

On what charge? Open carry is legal in Oregon, and if they can't arrest them in the park they can't do it outside of the park for merely open carrying. It's a public park, not their private property.
City ord. I suspect! There's also trespass laws in play here, those dudes can only be aed within the parks boundaries, outside the park is all private property!

City ord. I suspect! There's also trespass laws in play here, those dudes can only be aed within the parks boundaries, outside the park is all private property!
Yeah I doubt that. There is no park in the world that is private property all around it. It's a public park, there are public streets and sidewalks that lead to it. It's an open carry state, if they can carry in the park they can in public areas in general. The whole story sounds like a tall tale. Nobody is getting arrested in the park or outside of it....

Yeah I doubt that. There is no park in the world that is private property all around it. It's a public park, there are public streets and sidewalks that lead to it. It's an open carry state, if they can carry in the park they can in public areas in general. The whole story sounds like a tall tale. Nobody is getting arrested in the park or outside of it....
You might wanna look at the park listed before offering your opinion there chief, you also might wanna have a looksee at the city of Salem's ord's especially after K8 issued her edict about such things after the last capital visit by protesters!

Remember, police don't make the rules or policies, those are taken care of by the elected ones. Perhaps put energy into changing the persons/party in charge if you want to effect changes in the manner that policing is done.

Those with guns are less frequently the homeless themselves and more often an Antifa offshoot that patrols the park to make sure that the homeless are left alone by police and city cleanup workers. I forget the name, but they frequently stage near the playground and break up and patrol the park.
They call themselves Black Blocc protestors

They call themselves Black Blocc protestors
"Black bloc" is when they wear all black with face masks so that everyone looks the same during a protest. These guys call themselves "house less defense PDX" or something like that. Occasionally I see their flyers. If you have an Instagram account, the "portlandlookslikebubblegum" account usually has some good info on them too.

That moment you realize, you are not government employees customers. Or boss, apparently. The government is the government's customers. Payroll. No duty to respond. Not just the police but everything from child protective service to the DMV. One window open and 10 employees drinking coffee. Yes, there are hard working people trying to do a good job but looking at the dumpster fire some bigger cities (now including McMinnville) are in, those individuals are the exception. Not the norm.

This is a disturbing and twisted state of affairs.

Antifa 'offshoots' patrol the park to make sure the LEOs and city workers do not harass the homeless?

Since when do they have any authority? They might think so do to weak city government and what happens when the time comes they stand up and declare themselves the 'authority'?

As previously mentioned this is not going to end well - and hopefully not for the Antifa activists.
When idiots like Kate Brown allow them to do that by not letting the Police do their job. She has enabled them.

It's not the Officers fault. People elected into office by the voters have tied their hands and prevent them from doing their jobs. It's really that simple. Thank liberal voters who put the buffoons into office.

Yup, Cascade park used to be a super place to take the doggies for a run or a swim, (as it's a short walk there) but not any more! I demanded the city drain the ponds and clean them out after the campers get booted, and was told that they didn't have the budget! I called the Coast Guard who told them THEY DO have the budget and that they would be monitoring the clean up efforts closely!
Is that a "Navigable Waterway"?

Oregon is working on legislature to provide free state ID cards and free replacements of lost ID cards for the homeless. Non-homeless, of course, must still pay for all issuances. The homeless aren't going to decrease anytime soon in Oregon.
ID cards so they can do what, collect EBT benefits?

That was a VERY WRONG response from a 'representative' for the PD. I would have got her name and went public to the news with that. Maybe even taken it nationally with a 'conservative' news station.
That's because YOU are an agitator. ;)

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top