JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody here seems to know why the guy was being detained. It's all just guesses from a nearly sound Fred video. For all you know him filming the scene had zero do do with the police contact. Then, instead of responsibly securing his dog he put him in a car with two open windows, quite possibly with the knowledge that it would come out and defend him. That is where your anger should lay. The animal abuse is on the owner here. I guarantee you that not a single one of you bubblegumming about the cops would of hesitated to do the same thing had the dog lunged at you, a coworker or family member. A cop near here a while ago nearly lost a limb from just a superficial dog bite let alone a full on chomp. I like dogs too, but if that cop was my son or daughter I'd say Damn good job and do it again next time.
As far as the restraint of the owner goes how about we wait to see exactly why that happened before people start going ape crap over it.

Nobody here seems to know why the guy was being detained. It's all just guesses from a nearly sound Fred video. For all you know him filming the scene had zero do do with the police contact. Then, instead of responsibly securing his dog he put him in a car with two open windows, quite possibly with the knowledge that it would come out and defend him. That is where your anger should lay. The animal abuse is on the owner here. I guarantee you that not a single one of you bubblegumming about the cops would of hesitated to do the same thing had the dog lunged at you, a coworker or family member. A cop near here a while ago nearly lost a limb from just a superficial dog bite let alone a full on chomp. I like dogs too, but if that cop was my son or daughter I'd say Damn good job and do it again next time.
As far as the restraint of the owner goes how about we wait to see exactly why that happened before people start going ape crap over it.

My family members, coworkers and I don't harass and kidnap people for no reason.

inb4 "obstruction", the guy parked his car an entire block away to videotape the cops. Naturally the baseless charges were dropped later, but not before the cops shot the dog after unnecessarily instigating an incident and illegal detaining an innocent person.

My family members, coworkers and I don't harass and kidnap people for no reason.

inb4 "obstruction", the guy parked his car an entire block away to videotape the cops. Naturally the baseless charges were dropped later, but not before the cops shot the dog after unnecessarily instigating an incident and illegal detaining an innocent person.

You avoid the point. You would certainly shoot the dog if you or others were threatened would you not?
And if people care so much about the dog why not rail on the dog owner who could of simply rolled his Windows up enough to not allow the dog to escape?
A healthy respect for anything that has the potential to harm you is a good way to avoid natural selection. If the guy was wrongly detained then he had/has a payday coming. The fact that his dog is dead (the entire point of the topic afaic) is completely the owners fault.
I'm not defending any possible wrong doing by the police in his detainment, just pointing out that the shooting was totally justified, other details not withstanding.

Would like to add that someone here claimed that they would now celebrate the killing of any cop.
Not sure if I have seen a more asinine comment here before that. I hope I misinterpreted it. But if not, what does it say about a person who is willing to sacrifice their humanity, even in response to a perceived inhumane act. The ideological conflict is mind bending.

I'm bothered by the Police cuffing the guy instead of just asking him to turn the noise down. I suspect they were punishing him for video taping them. Police are as bad as politicians in thinking they are special and above the law.

Horsecrap - they had non-lethal methods to subdue the dog. USPS letter cariers get attacked by dogs frequently, you never hear about one shooting a dog dead. They pepper spray the dog and the attack is over - period. A tazer, a night stick or a flash light would work just as well without killing the dog.

They should not only be fired but they should be held on criminal charges and forced to work at the dog pound as a community service.
I have dogs and they are normally very friendly, but if they think I am being harmed they will defend me. That's NORMAL dog behavior and a major reason people own dogs. If I was being hassled by the police my dogs would probably consider that a threat to me and respond accordingly. If the cops shot my dogs I can tell you, I would not be able to control my response.

There is no fricken justification for this period!

cleaning the kennels

You avoid the point. You would certainly shoot the dog if you or others were threatened would you not?
And if people care so much about the dog why not rail on the dog owner who could of simply rolled his Windows up enough to not allow the dog to escape?
A healthy respect for anything that has the potential to harm you is a good way to avoid natural selection. If the guy was wrongly detained then he had/has a payday coming. The fact that his dog is dead (the entire point of the topic afaic) is completely the owners fault.
I'm not defending any possible wrong doing by the police in his detainment, just pointing out that the shooting was totally justified, other details not withstanding.

I would have shot the dog, but of course that is an entirely meaningless point because I don't kidnap strangers. The illegal detaining of the man is the root cause of the entire incident, his failure to secure the animal while being assaulted and kidnapped by armed thugs is entirely understandable.

Perhaps one day when I am forced to put down an attacking dog after I violently assault the owner and cause him to lose control, then I will see the point you are trying to make. :)

I would have shot the dog, but of course that is an entirely meaningless point because I don't kidnap strangers. The illegal detaining of the man is the root cause of the entire incident, his failure to secure the animal while being assaulted and kidnapped by armed thugs is entirely understandable.

Perhaps one day when I am forced to put down an attacking dog after I violently assault the owner and cause him to lose control, then I will see the point you are trying to make. :)

One question for you .... you've been consistent for as long as I've lurked here as far as being very negative towards law enforcement personnel. Do you see a need for any kind of LEO or any of the laws that they are meant to enforce?

That police officer had to be an idiot to lose his arm from a superficial wound - if the wound was truly superficial as you say.

James Ruby

Would like to add that someone here claimed that they would now celebrate the killing of any cop.
Not sure if I have seen a more asinine comment here before that. I hope I misinterpreted it. But if not, what does it say about a person who is willing to sacrifice their humanity, even in response to a perceived inhumane act. The ideological conflict is mind bending.

In self defense scenarios there is such a thing as "keeping the ball rolling".. these cops not only pitched the ball, they returned it with a vengeance

The only one not at fault is the dog. He was only doing what he was bred for, protecting the owner.
The owner screwed up by not raising the windows and the cops screwed up as usual by being overly aggressive in thinking everyone is a potential threat.

One question for you .... you've been consistent for as long as I've lurked here as far as being very negative towards law enforcement personnel. Do you see a need for any kind of LEO or any of the laws that they are meant to enforce?

Most contemporary laws are fascist and oppressive, by enforcing such laws modern day LEO are outsourcing their morality to the state, no different from Gestapo, Schutzstaffel or NKVD agents.

There's a reason why police used to be called "peace officers" before the advent of the Total State.

Disgusting what the police did. The officers involved should be severely punished. Can't say I'll root for LEO to be killed though, as some seem to be saying. As an aside, I have never seen a topic where so many of the people on my ignore list were grouped together :s0114:

The dogs owner had or has a lawsuit going against Hawthorne PD, as well as making 6 complaints this year against officers in the same dept. It's guaranteed that the cops knew who he was, and more than likely he knew the name of every cop there too.

He was filming hoping to catch the cops f'ing up, or that they would retaliate against him filming them. Mission accomplished, to me that is the real story here. The cops were stupid enough to take the bait, and now this guy just won the ghetto lottery.

I am so sick of this crap.

This is why I stopped sending condolence letters to cops killed in the line.

I don't care anymore.

The police are NOT our friends. They are NOT there to help us.

30 years ago I thought a lot differently. 20 years ago too.

These days I look at the cops as the jack-booted thugs that they repeatedly show themselves to be.

OVER AND OVER again. How many damn cases does it take where cops employ deadly force in cases that makes George Zimmerman AT HIS WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT look like an utter angel, complete with Halo and singing cherubim skate off with NOTHING.

And then the next day the cops want me to act like they're anything BUT the jackbooted thugs of an overzealous state?

It's NOT just 1%. It's not 2%. It's so many that any rational person can no longer ignore the fact that the cops are arresting people for things that aren't crimes, claiming they "resisted arrest" (like they did in this case, which in the video shows to be utter BS.) and MURDER dogs, kids, adults, or anyone else who fails to comply with their BS and act like they're some kind of martyrs when the people call BS?

I'm done. I know a lot of cops. They are my friends. And yes, I will treat them "special" because I personally know them. But at this point, if I don't know you and you have a badge, I'm assuming you're my enemy until proven otherwise.

And no, I'm no longer going to shed a damn tear when you guys get shot.

When you stop MURDERING INNOCENTS ROUTINELY or enforcing BLATANTLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL ORDERS, I might begin to have some sympathy again. But this situation has just got worse and worse over the years until it's at the point when I'm telling my young nieces and nephews DON'T TALK TO THE COPS, EVER. Because they are the bad guys.

This isn't about MY changed attitudes. It's about YOUR blatant and consistent misconduct. OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. And NOTHING happens to you. in case after case when any civilian would have been up on murder charges so fast his head would swim, you guys get some "administrative leave," and are back on the job again murdering someone ELSE under the color of law.

I'm done. So are most of the people I know. And we are not "the usual suspects." We're the middle and upper middle-class white people you depend upon for support. And you've lost it. Because you guys are incapable of cleaning up you're own SH*T.

30 years ago it was REALLY unusual. 20 years ago it was an abberation. Today it's just Fing routine. and we do NOT accept this.

Keep it up and I'm not only going to fail to cry, I'm going to start cheering. And yeah, when you've lost me, a VERY LEO supportive guy over a long period, you really HAVE lost the country.

CLEAN YOUR GD HOUSE.

I saw the vid and it made me sick and mad!!!! the cop should have just finished the dog and not let it suffer like it did....... horrible!.

Based on what I saw, the cops were acting like they were above the law. They were power hungry and it didn't help to have a black man with a "intimidating" dog recording them. The dog's owner had the right to record the cops or anyone in public. Cops record us all the time and they know there is no privacy in public.

As long as the police or any other public servant is not doing anything wrong, he or she should not have any problems with being recorded in public. Granted you should respect officer safety and keep a safe distance (and this guy appeared to keep safe distance) and respect people's privacy when necessary...... you don't wanna stick a camera in front of a woman who was just beaten by a drug addicted criminal etc.

I can only imagine if a cop was messing with me for no reason (I have had it happen to me a few times) and his/her K9 started to act aggressively towards me, and I as a conceal carrier used deadly force towards the dog because I felt that I was in danger or whatever (whatever the officer felt before he used deadly force).... I'd be shot 76 times, tasered 16 times and kicked about 39 times in the head.

These slime balls with badges, they keep this BS up........ people are not gonna take it anymore and they will start showing the police some love from a roof top with a scoped rifle.... just saying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top