JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand LEO's wanting to protect themselves just as much as I support it for anyone else. Where I want cops to rise above and to show their true professionalism is in situations such as this. Think and problem solve first. Don't take a situation and make it 10 times worse. Cops are there to enhance the trust of society not to make everyone suspicious and untrusting. Too much "us vs. them".

Do you guys not understand that he was filming the cops? He actually had his I-phone pointed in the officers general direction while they were standing on a sidewalk. That in itself is just cause for deadly force. Then this guy then illegally stepped onto a public road to put his dog in his vehicle, obviously eluding the police in the process. Not only that he was acting extremely aggressive when he complied to their demands to put his hands behind his back. Then to make the situation all the more risky he actually had metal bands strapped to his wrist that he could have used as a weapon. So this dog, remember it's a black with a docked tail so you know it has probably killed at least one small child already, barks and lunges at a man, not just a mere man but a demigod in uniform who should never be questioned, served, protected and whose orders should be followed as though the commands were coming from God himself. This dog deserved to die. The owner should be licking their boots for the blessing they bestowed upon him. They rid him of that damned devil dog and showed great mercy when they didn't shoot him as he tried to assault an officer and run for the hills as they destroyed that otherworldly beast.

You go to the convenience store, on walking in you bump a person walking out, the bag falls out of their grip and spills overpriced snackfoods and watery beer cans on the sidewalk. They, in a gruff voice, say 'watch it'. The guy with you swings at him. He responds in defense.

That's what you saw in the video.

Untill the dog became aggressive it was just a stupid thing the cops were doing. As soon as the dog lunged the first time they could have shot it. Discard the owner getting arrested. That's not the point. There was an attack happening, they had cause to shoot. Of course if they had not bothered the guy the dog wouldn't have come to defend him. On that point it is all their fault. But the shoot was still good.

Horsecrap - they had non-lethal methods to subdue the dog. USPS letter cariers get attacked by dogs frequently, you never hear about one shooting a dog dead. They pepper spray the dog and the attack is over - period. A tazer, a night stick or a flash light would work just as well without killing the dog.

They should not only be fired but they should be held on criminal charges and forced to work at the dog pound as a community service.

I have dogs and they are normally very friendly, but if they think I am being harmed they will defend me. That's NORMAL dog behavior and a major reason people own dogs. If I was being hassled by the police my dogs would probably consider that a threat to me and respond accordingly. If the cops shot my dogs I can tell you, I would not be able to control my response.

There is no fricken justification for this period!

Do you guys not understand that he was filming the cops? He actually had his I-phone pointed in the officers general direction while they were standing on a sidewalk. That in itself is just cause for deadly force. Then this guy then illegally stepped onto a public road to put his dog in his vehicle, obviously eluding the police in the process. Not only that he was acting extremely aggressive when he complied to their demands to put his hands behind his back. Then to make the situation all the more risky he actually had metal bands strapped to his wrist that he could have used as a weapon. So this dog, remember it's a black with a docked tail so you know it has probably killed at least one small child already, barks and lunges at a man, not just a mere man but a demigod in uniform who should never be questioned, served, protected and whose orders should be followed as though the commands were coming from God himself. This dog deserved to die. The owner should be licking their boots for the blessing they bestowed upon him. They rid him of that damned devil dog and showed great mercy when they didn't shoot him as he tried to assault an officer and run for the hills as they destroyed that otherworldly beast.

I'm detecting a slight note of sarcasm:)

The killing of a family dog led to the standoff at Ruby Ridge. And the murder of innocents.

What did these cops think was going to happen? The dog was doing his job.

Callous bastages.

I understand LEO's wanting to protect themselves just as much as I support it for anyone else. Where I want cops to rise above and to show their true professionalism is in situations such as this. Think and problem solve first. Don't take a situation and make it 10 times worse. Cops are there to enhance the trust of society not to make everyone suspicious and untrusting. Too much "us vs. them".

They keep this up and that phrase will take on fresh meaning

http://www.facebook.com/hawthornepolice

Add your comment to one of the 17k+ others since Monday

Here's what i don't get:

I'm sure thousands of responsible gun owners (& knife carriers) get approached, snapped at, or bitten by dogs every year. Unlike police officers the majority do not continue the confrontation & their reaction isn't "kill". +/-Armed citizens could 'justifiably' kill more dogs, but they comparably don't.

Yes i'm sure 1 out of a bazillion do, but who's to believe it's even measurable compared to police officers? It's not. So what is it? What is it about a dogs & those with a badge, that not only gives them more 'protective rights (than us) but somehow automatically negates a level of consciousness that we typically carry?

What is the example that officers continue to set here? Should we arm mailmen too so they can start popping off rounds in peoples yards? Is every living thing really a lethal threat?

Amusing this thug is claiming self defense for callously killing a family pet after unnecessarily instigating an incident and illegally arresting a citizen, whereas any of us proles can be arrested for committing proxy crimes if we are in the process of committing a crime, for example, a getaway driver slapped with murder for participating in a fatal robbery.

No doubt a civilian defending himself from a K9 dog would have gotten more than the three years this cop got for murdering a civilian.

[video=youtube_share;mq_8_Ajq7-U]http://youtu.be/mq_8_Ajq7-U[/video]

Remember, the safety of government dogs are more important than civilian lives.

There are some damned good LE out there. Dont let a few trigger happy ones turn you against all of them. Look at all the sheriffs that are sticking up for the Constitution.

LOL. They pick one issue that they like to stand for.
What about the others?
Where exactly in the Constitution is there authority for making drugs illegal?
Where dies the Constitution authorize the sheriff and his deputies to execute people without a trial?
That is exactly what happened to Donner and it was done by the San Bernardino sheriff's department. No attempt to even take him alive;just sat the cabin on fire and turn him Koresh Krispy.

Where are these good ones when one is needed to stand up to the bad one?

LOL. They pick one issue that they like to stand for.
What about the others?
Where exactly in the Constitution is there authority for making drugs illegal?
Where dies the Constitution authorize the sheriff and his deputies to execute people without a trial?
That is exactly what happened to Donner and it was done by the San Bernardino sheriff's department. No attempt to even take him alive;just sat the cabin on fire and turn him Koresh Krispy.

Where are these good ones when one is needed to stand up to the bad one?

productimage-picture-i_was_just_following_orders-99.gif

If some azz was targeting me because I wore a uniform, I would not spend too much effort to apprehend him while he was still breathing either.
What, you think what he did was right ? Get real.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top