JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I''m caught up on what I can make for the business until my next bullet order arrives. I get my defibrillator implant on Monday so I've got to take it easy for a bit. For now I'll make rifle ammo for me. I've got a good load for the .223 bolt gun at the factory OAL so want to seat the bullets to magazine length and see if that is better or worse. Fine tuning for the gun. I bought a bunch of 120gr RN's for the 25-06 so I should figure out a good load for them and also for the 102gr Lehigh lead free bullets I have in case I want to go to Hunter Leget and hunt Pigs. And then there is the 300 Win Mag. I've got a bunch of 180 and 200 gr Nosler partitions and so need to find the just right load for both. That ought to keep me busy for awhile.
Thoughts and prayers for an event free procedure and recovery my friend.

While my foot was healing up from the shot, I got restless so out to the shop I went. This session was the first time I loaded "while sitting"on the AP.
I finished up the last of the 1,000 RMR RN bullets, about 300 or so that I started earlier this week.
I now have a small ammo can stuffed full of practice 9mm and a bag that wouldn't fit in it on the bottom shelf of the ammo locker.
I cut it close on the powder I've used the last two weeks too. :eek:

IMG_3463.jpeg IMG_3467.jpeg IMG_3468.jpeg

Last Edited:
I''m caught up on what I can make for the business until my next bullet order arrives. I get my defibrillator implant on Monday so I've got to take it easy for a bit. For now I'll make rifle ammo for me. I've got a good load for the .223 bolt gun at the factory OAL so want to seat the bullets to magazine length and see if that is better or worse. Fine tuning for the gun. I bought a bunch of 120gr RN's for the 25-06 so I should figure out a good load for them and also for the 102gr Lehigh lead free bullets I have in case I want to go to Hunter Leget and hunt Pigs. And then there is the 300 Win Mag. I've got a bunch of 180 and 200 gr Nosler partitions and so need to find the just right load for both. That ought to keep me busy for awhile.
Can one shoot on Fort Hunter Liggett? Not just hunt, but target shoot as well?

While my foot was healing up from the shot, I got restless so out to the shop I went. This session was the first time I loaded "while sitting"on the AP.
I finished up the last of the 1,000 RMR RN bullets, about 300 or so that I started earlier this week.
I now have a small ammo can stuffed full of practice 9mm and a bag that wouldn't fit in it on the bottom shelf of the ammo locker.
I cut it close on the powder I've used the last two weeks too. :eek:

View attachment 1872257 View attachment 1872340 View attachment 1872344
Cut em close and win.

Loaded 54 pulled 130grn RN jacketed projectiles that I had mixed in with a group of pulled projectiles I bought years ago. Decided to shoot them up to make them go away.

Once those were done I loaded up a small group of pulled leftover 125grn plated projectiles that were ugly. Maybe ~10 of those.

Primers left in the machine meant that I needed to load more... so I opened up a box of 125grn Berry's Plated bullets and loaded up 100 with PMC brass and 100 with RP brass.

Overall a fun day loading 38spl. All have 4.9grns of WIN244 as a mild load.

20240430_135306.jpg 20240430_135230.jpg 20240430_135202.jpg

Switched the AP over to 223/556 yesterday to load some different HS brass left over from last year's projects. I was able to get the powder drop to dispense 25g of CFE223 very consistently and the Forester 223 Bench rest seating die as close to 2.250" as I can get it. That's my sweet spot for 62g FMJ's. :D

IMG_3484.jpeg

Last Edited:
Loaded 54 pulled 130grn RN jacketed projectiles that I had mixed in with a group of pulled projectiles I bought years ago. Decided to shoot them up to make them go away.

Once those were done I loaded up a small group of pulled leftover 125grn plated projectiles that were ugly. Maybe ~10 of those.

Primers left in the machine meant that I needed to load more... so I opened up a box of 125grn Berry's Plated bullets and loaded up 100 with PMC brass and 100 with RP brass.

Overall a fun day loading 38spl. All have 4.9grns of WIN244 as a mild load.

View attachment 1872971 View attachment 1872972 View attachment 1872973
I don't know why but all calibers considered, after all these years, I still have the most fun loading .38 and trying new loads with it. So much data I guess. It's well traveled. What a great and proven cartridge. Casting for it doesn't hurt I suppose.

I don't know why but all calibers considered, after all these years, I still have the most fun loading .38 and trying new loads with it. So much data I guess. It's well traveled. What a great and proven cartridge. Casting for it doesn't hurt I suppose.
.38 special is like an old reliable friend.
But, there is so much fun to be had with it.
It can get serious, or it can be kind of boring.
Great revolver trigger therapy either way.

I have to get some 223 done to get back to 38 special. I have 3K of 38 special to load next. I have purchased
3 new/old 38/357 revolvers lately that I need to feed.
1714560638195.png

Sized, belled and primed 120 10mm cases for the NOE 200 gr WFN-FB Hi-Tek coated bullets from Montana Bullet Works. Ordered Sunday received them this evening. Came extremely well packaged and look good. Planning to run ladders with Blue Dot and Longshot in my son's KKM barrel, 24 lb spring, stainless guide rod, Model 20.3 SF. Hoping to get close to 1200 fps with accuracy. We will see.

More loving from the oven.

View attachment 1873928
Looking good...
I dry mine using the same method as yours three seasons of the year. However, I have accrued about five gallons of 9mm cases ready for cleaning and I am waiting for the first weekend of very warm, clear weather. I will run multiple loads thru my large ultrasonic tank and lay the wet brass on top of a big screen in the sunshine for 24 hours. I prefer to decap prior to cleaning in the tank and it only takes about 20 minutes per batch to get it clean...
I will let mother nature assist with the drying process.

Looking good...
I dry mine using the same method as yours three seasons of the year. However, I have accrued about five gallons of 9mm cases ready for cleaning and I am waiting for the first weekend of very warm, clear weather. I will run multiple loads thru my large ultrasonic tank and lay the wet brass on top of a big screen in the sunshine for 24 hours. I prefer to decap prior to cleaning in the tank and it only takes about 20 minutes per batch to get it clean...
I will let mother nature assist with the drying process.
When I first started with wet I was going to dry tumble the range dirty brass and then process it and then do a finish in wet.
I just don't like touching dirty brass anymore so I usually do it twice.
I find it very interesting how dirty the water is the second time after sizing and depriming.
It took 1 wet batch to be addicted to clean brass. Do the aestetics of really nice and clean and shiny brass make a difference in the performance of the ammo? I don't know. But I do know I like it and it makes me feel better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top