JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am such a dog lover that I can't bring myself to watch it. I am betting I would be infuriated though judging by your post.

What the heck, they all need to lose their jobs! Why was the guy getting arrested anyway he was just recording them

Last Edited:
I grew up in Hawthorne. Granted this happened towards the not so great part, but definitely not the worst.

I'm not sure why the owner was being placed in cuffs in the first place. I saw no wrong doing on his part that would warrant such actions.

Bad move taking the guy into custody, but that was a good shoot. The dog was aggressive, the officer reacted.

They had no legitimate reason for initiating the contact. They brought the problem on themselves. By concealed carry standards, the cops were the aggressors, and the shooting would not be justified.

I am such a dog lover that I can't bring myself to watch it. I am betting I would be infuriated though judging by your post.

All he was doing was taking videos of the cops from about 150 feet away. They approached him carrying weapons and cuffed him. He had put the dog in the car as they approached but the windows were open. As they roughed him up during their pat down, with him cuffed, his rottweiler came out of the car and attacked one of the officers, who shot it several times. If it were you or me, with a concealed carry permit, and we initiated an altercation with this guy and his dog attacked us so we shot it, what would be the outcome?

The cops need to be looking for a new line of work.

They had no legitimate reason for initiating the contact. They brought the problem on themselves. By concealed carry standards, the cops were the aggressors, and the shooting would not be justified.

You go to the convenience store, on walking in you bump a person walking out, the bag falls out of their grip and spills overpriced snackfoods and watery beer cans on the sidewalk. They, in a gruff voice, say 'watch it'. The guy with you swings at him. He responds in defense.

That's what you saw in the video.

Untill the dog became aggressive it was just a stupid thing the cops were doing. As soon as the dog lunged the first time they could have shot it. Discard the owner getting arrested. That's not the point. There was an attack happening, they had cause to shoot. Of course if they had not bothered the guy the dog wouldn't have come to defend him. On that point it is all their fault. But the shoot was still good.

Of course they could have taken the guys cuffs off and let him secure the dog better and then hauled him off, even though they had no reason to do so. If that was my dog, I would sue the department and the cop that shot my dog. I guarantee that if you show that to a jury with the dog getting shot and kicking on the ground like the you will win.

Don't they carry pepper spray anymore? I would think that a good shot to the face of that Rottweiler would have defused the situation.

Exactly what I was thinking, why did they cuff him in the first place? Did not look confrontational at all and was cooperating with everything they were doing.

From a civil suit standpoint, the proximate cause of the shooting was the illegal behavior of the police. The dog would not have attacked without the provocation of the police illegally hassling its master. Further, they physically prevented the dog's master from controlling it. Since the actions of the police were unlawful, punitive damages should apply. Punitive damages need have no relation to the actual damages. The standard for punitive damages is the amount of money it will take to make the offender (or his employer) pay attention and avoid doing the same thing in the future. For a city, that could mean millions of dollars. Show that video to a jury and they will quickly be on board.

That was the worst video i have ever seen!!!!They should have let him control his dog.All it looked like he was doin was filming a little close.

So so so wrong. So if that man had a 12 year old son, the child might say "what are you doing to my dad" and pick up a stick to defend his daddy, would the cops shoot a child? Dogs are just as much of a family member as any human. This is so so wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top