JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GO GET YOUR GUNS!! In my experience it only gets worse!

This.

You can't tell me the sportsmans show just snuck on them. They knew what they were doing when they accepted your guns. I would get my stuff back and find some else to do the work on general principle. Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can challenge the charge through your bank.

Do this right away ^^^
Cancel the transaction on your card (we hope) or get your cash back !
Be as nice as possible, but cuts ties with these people as soon as you can.

NEXT TIME DO NOT PAY 100% UP FRONT FOR WORK TO BE DONE !!!
Rookie mistake.
And use your credit card whenever possible or you deny yourself a layer of protection.

Yeah what he said. ;)

Do this right away ^^^
Cancel the transaction on your card (we hope) or get your cash back !
Be as nice as possible, but cuts ties with these people as soon as you can.

NEXT TIME DO NOT PAY 100% UP FRONT FOR WORK TO BE DONE !!!
Rookie mistake.
And use your credit card whenever possible or you deny yourself a layer of protection.

I only paid 50% on the cerakote but paid in full for the stipple and used a debit card so I might be screwed.

I only paid 50% on the cerakote but paid in full for the stipple and used a debit card so I might be screwed.
1) I find it weird that they would want 50% down on the Cerakote and not just payment in full when the work was done and acceptable to you.
Red flag.

2) You paid in full for the stipple....we now know that's a huge mistake.
Stipple work can be very screwed up and unacceptable, plus your frame can be trashed.
What was your plan for recourse ?

3) Don't be running around with a debit card paying for random stuff like this.
If your account is compromised you can get cleaned out with no recourse.
Use a credit card and pay it off each month.

So there's my rock-solid Internet Advice.
Take it or leave it.

jeez
1) I find it weird that they would want 50% down on the Cerakote and not just payment in full when the work was done and acceptable to you.
Red flag.

2) You paid in full for the stipple....we now know that's a huge mistake.
Stipple work can be very screwed up and unacceptable, plus your frame can be trashed.
What was your plan for recourse ?

3) Don't be running around with a debit card paying for random stuff like this.
If your account is compromised you can get cleaned out with no recourse.
Use a credit card and pay it off each month.

So there's my rock-solid Internet Advice.
Take it or leave it.
Thanks for the info
1 I can kind of understand wanting a deposit also they are a well known business and have a good reputation so I felt I could trust them.
2 I don't like using credit cards I only use them when I absolutely have to but I can understand where you are coming from on this one so fair enough.
I am less concerned about them getting it done and the quality of their work as I have seen enough of their projects for my friends that I trust the quality I mainly made this post to complain about the time frame they gave me

When I had this house built, the contract stated I would have a house in 120 days, 14 months later I moved in. I went ballistic a few times during the build, didn't make it happen any sooner and actually probably made it worse. There's a big difference between getting it done and getting it done right. In my experience once you've paid it behooves you to be as nice as possible to the people who have your money to ensure the job is done to the standards you expect. Once it's done you can make all the noise you want.

I'd have to agree with the forum:
1) Go get your guns.
2) Don't pay for services until they're rendered.
3) Always look at reviews of shops before you become a patron or victim in this case.

When I had this house built, the contract stated I would have a house in 120 days, 14 months later I moved in. I went ballistic a few times during the build, didn't make it happen any sooner and actually probably made it worse. There's a big difference between getting it done and getting it done right. In my experience once you've paid it behooves you to be as nice as possible to the people who have your money to ensure the job is done to the standards you expect. Once it's done you can make all the noise you want.
But never pay 100% up front or you have given away all your leverage and removed any incentive for the people providing the product.
This mistake is repeated time and time again.

"You'll get your money when you get the work done and I accept it."

If they don't like that, walk away.

1) Go get your guns.
3) Always look at reviews of shops before you become a patron or victim in this case.
1) Go get your guns.
Fair enough I thought I could trust the shop as I know quite a few people who have gotten their stuff done there and reviews had been great.

Unfortunately, in my experience, I've found that many good craftsmen are often poor businessmen. They do something better than anyone else and can be masterful in their craft, but they don't have the business sense or customer service experience.
Big AMEN to that.

The people in question do laser engraving and even slide porting. also I have called them multiple times and they have given me the runaround twice the first time at 1 week they said it was due to be on the laser the next week and end of week 2 they say they pulled their laser to bring it to the local sportsman show and all of their laser projects were on hold until the show was over which they hadn't mentioned anything about when I dropped off my gun and paid 100 percent on the stipple.

Me? I would have already picked up my gun, told them they were either going to refund or I would get money back by charge back. I would then leave a review. As another mentioned this does not magically get better. When people accept this kind of behavior all this does it tell the owner he can get away with this and more. It's like enabling people with poor habits. Just makes it worse.

Use this, no matter how it all shakes out, as a learning experience. Most of us who have been around for a while have tales of some business that was less than stellar. There is an old line that goes something like "screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me". Hopefully this will end up with you getting what you paid for. No matter how it shakes out remember this next time. I have not written a check in so long I can't remember last time. I use a Credit Card for everything for just this reason. Someone tries to pull some stunt it's easy to get your money back. I would tell all who this businesses is too. That way others can be warned when thinking about dealing with them.

Use this, no matter how it all shakes out, as a learning experience. Most of us who have been around for a while have tales of some business that was less than stellar. There is an old line that goes something like "screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me". Hopefully this will end up with you getting what you paid for. No matter how it shakes out remember this next time. I have not written a check in so long I can't remember last time. I use a Credit Card for everything for just this reason. Someone tries to pull some stunt it's easy to get your money back. I would tell all who this businesses is too. That way others can be warned when thinking about dealing with them.
the only thing is I do want the work done and if I go besmirching their name they might be less inclined to finish my stuff in a timely manner

the only thing is I do want the work done and if I go besmirching their name they might be less inclined to finish my stuff in a timely manner
You don't need to wait for their work.
If they say 4-6 wks for Cerakote, then they must be farming it out.
We have local sponsors here that can do Cerakote.

For stipple, look at Polymer Refined.
If you can match that locally, I'd like to know about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top