JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand that many retailers have cut off sales of legal gun parts to Washington State addresses.

Have you been having troubles getting the legal gun parts you want/need from online retailers?

What are some successful workarounds that have allowed you to circumvent retailers bans of legal parts?

Have you had any luck getting parts from private sellers on auction sites, forums, etc?

Have border state retailers provided any relief?

Last Edited:
There are still some legal parts being offered for sale/trade in WA. Maybe the parts ban is being overstated?

Last Edited:
There are still some parts be offered for sale/trade in WA. Maybe the parts ban is being overstated?

1. Members must comply with local, state, and federal laws

It is the responsibility of all members to comply with local, state, and federal laws at all times.

We don't like it any more than you do, but facilitating illegal activity is a great way to get us shut down. Unfortunately, we also have to err on the side of caution when it comes to legal gray areas.

OpticsPlanet, don't waste your time with. I have queries re replacing my 1911-parts order out to several possible alternates, but will not name them because we can safely assume Pedo Bob's rats are among us, may the skies open up and perpetually dump a pungent brown rain upon them all.

Even if legal, publishing a list of them online for the anti-freedom types to make a litigation target list is not how I would spend my energy. Let them do their own research.

Even if legal, publishing a list of them online for the anti-freedom types to make a litigation target list is not how I would spend my energy. Let them do their own research.
This hurts us as much if not more than them. How are we supposed to do our own "research" individually if no one is actually posting data? Go to every site, fill a cart and try to make a purchase?

This hurts us as much if not more than them. How are we supposed to do our own "research" individually if no one is actually posting data? Go to every site, fill a cart and try to make a purchase?
The game is, we need to find a way to circulate the Good Guy List privately away from prying eyes. Like on a private Discord where every member is somehow vetted to keep the rats out.

The game is, we need to find a way to circulate the Good Guy List privately away from prying eyes. Like on a private Discord where every member is somehow vetted to keep the rats out.
And how does that help the wider community? If we want to win this culture war we need to expand operations to a wider audience, not insulate ourselves even more than we already do.

And how does that help the wider community? If we want to win this culture war we need to expand operations to a wider audience, not insulate ourselves even more than we already do.
Think of our position as like the French Maquis... too quiet and the populace don't know there IS a Resistance or think it matters, too much and we give the Gestapo all the info they need to find us and wipe us out.

There's a time for loud-and-proud in-your-face and there's a time to work sub-rosa... we need to stay under the radar for a bit until we have at least a core network built, like fining suppliers willing to bring a Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act action, though we need a plaintiff in a friendly jurisdiction like preferably Fifth Circuit. We REALLY need SAF, SMF and FPC to get their act together on Plaintiff Shopping...

Think of our position as like the French Maquis... too quiet and the populace don't know there IS a Resistance or think it matters, too much and we give the Gestapo all the info they need to find us and wipe us out.

There's a time for loud-and-proud in-your-face and there's a time to work sub-rosa... we need to stay under the radar for a bit until we have at least a core network built, like fining suppliers willing to bring a Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act action, though we need a plaintiff in a friendly jurisdiction like preferably Fifth Circuit. We REALLY need SAF, SMF and FPC to get their act together on Plaintiff Shopping...
The gestapo can get that information whenever they like, we are not actually going to hinder them in that task. Will they have to spend a bit more time to look up vendor names? Sure, but they are paid to do that, and they have access to the complete vendor list effectively as a matter of law. All they need to do is work down that list and see who is willing to ship a supposedly illegal item, who has a banner disavowing shipping "contraband", hell, even who is openly flouting the law.

Meanwhile, keeping this information locked away from our side means that all the people who want to join us never will, because the inertia in time and effort will be insurmountable. I certainly do not keep track of all this myself. I am not even aware of all the vendors out there, let alone who is willing to ship problematic items to problematic places, and I consider myself to be above average on my information awareness in this space. This kind of information is invaluable to us. We should be doing everything we can to make sure everyone who needs it has it.

Publishing a "willing to ship AR parts to WA" list is a good way to get those businesses to change their policy. The AG could send a civil investigative demand to them without any difficulty. That would scare most businesses into changing their policy.
Biased source, but one example:

By "them" I meant the politically-driven politicians.

PLCAA Lawsuit filed in Spokane District Federal Court, back in April, filed by NSSF

1700085271227.png

Rrrrrright.....Gun Parts cause CRIME.

1700085763612.png

Aloha, Mark

1700086075120.png

Unconstitutional means "Unconstitutional".

BUT, But, but........Even SOME Judges and Politicians can't seem to UNDERSTAND.

"......shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

It's been my understanding that the parts were not illegal. Just retailers in state or out of state were just being threatened or staying a step ahead.

I could be totally wrong. I didn't spend time looking into it. Once my main line stores stopped shipping….. I stopped buying.

There is a place I know of though…. They ship. If its in the cart it ships. I've done plenty of window shopping too.

I really did switch gears though…. Help me avoid getting too resentful. Started planning and wish listing: lever action, revolver, or FUDD type platforms. So even when all this nonsense is over….. I'll still likely be working on my cowboy load outs.

I'm very satisfied with my new Henry and looking forward to a Ruger. I want to start working up a.300 blk out in bolt action too. Shot a friends Rem 700 in .300 and it was dead dead dead on at 200 yards.

I proof read this and nothing should be taken out of context…… the cowboy thing has been done before so….GL

Edit…..PS…. Always looking for friends

It's been my understanding that the parts were not illegal. Just retailers in state or out of state were just being threatened or staying a step ahead.

I could be totally wrong. I didn't spend time looking into it. Once my main line stores stopped shipping….. I stopped buying.

There is a place I know of though…. They ship. If its in the cart it ships. I've done plenty of window shopping too.

I really did switch gears though…. Help me avoid getting too resentful. Started planning and wish listing: lever action, revolver, or FUDD type platforms. So even when all this nonsense is over….. I'll still likely be working on my cowboy load outs.

I'm very satisfied with my new Henry and looking forward to a Ruger. I want to start working up a.300 blk out in bolt action too. Shot a friends Rem 700 in .300 and it was dead dead dead on at 200 yards.

I proof read this and nothing should be taken out of context…… the cowboy thing has been done before so….GL
I believe some parts or combination of parts may be prohibited from being possessed in WA. Other parts are not prohibited. Some companies have decided to do blanket bans on shipping parts and that is what I am concerned about. Fortunately there seems to be a few companies out there that will still ship legal parts to WA residents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top