JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I havent tried the guns you mentioned but I can see the advantage for their smaller size and lighter weight a benifit even with a DAO trigger... If I was gonna pocket carry daily those might be a more comfortable option.

I'm so used to shooting double stack pistols that the 2 finger grip on those mouse guns I mentioned makes them not fun to shoot. However, if I had borrowed my wife's Taurus 738 I could certainly put rounds into an attacker at 7yds or under. Beyond that gets sketchy.

We have a pocket holster that is very nice... it is a soft but thick cloth that stays in the pocket on the draw. Really hides the print well, in fact it can be carried in a back pocket w/o printing.

The wife likes her little mouse... I couldn't get her to continue carrying her 2" .357... she says it's too heavy... I'm not surprised... Hey as long as she carries something!

The firearms that I can remember not shooting ok, most didn't shoot to point of aim. And I doubt I could shoot a Glock well with the grip angle. In no way can I shoot the LCP as well as the p938 at distance. Having the larger Houge grip really helps on the 938 , and the trigger and larger sights. I couldn't shoot the .44 mag Bisley hunter Blackhawk all that well. And the grips on the single six are way to small to get comfortable, for me . Changing them is on the to do list. I've shot an x friends AR that the red dot was off, and the shmuck and was showing it off, to me and family members. You need to aim low and left. What an idiot . A RWS break barrel pistol the at shot way high ,sights didn't have enough adjustment . Umerex took over and what was once a good pistol turned into junk. 2 trips to the factory , returned it for a refund. A Taurus 1911 that shot around foot high at 15 yards had to change the front post and it still went by by. I could never shoot the star out of the paper at the carnival. But ringing the bell with the mallet ? That one USED to be easy .

The only firearms I could not hit anything with was Taurus PT-22, it couldn't hit center 10ft targets. It was most likely the gun, but still
never liked , never hit anything. I had a Mossberg 20ga, short barrel, unless I was shooting slugs it was all over the map. Both of the above i sold. I never liked the 10/22 accuracy, being the less expensive Marlin 60 will bury a 10/22 right out of the box, sold that too.

Sig Sp2022 / Sig Pro gen 1s - great ergos, good trigger, usually looked like a shotgun pattern.

The 2022 is one that i shoot better than , or at least as well as the p226 or CZ p09. And its made some other nice duty pistols safe queens. I sat a pop can about 20 yards away against a hill , and made that sucker dance for 15 rounds. Wish i had filmed it. Regardless of price mine has earned a top spot in my lineup. But ya what works for some doesnt work for others.

When you get a shotgun pattern just circle groups of three. Like Stomper. lol

And no i wont say that from even 300 yards if he has his RAR.

The only firearms I could not hit anything with was Taurus PT-22, it couldn't hit center 10ft targets. It was most likely the gun, but still
never liked , never hit anything. I had a Mossberg 20ga, short barrel, unless I was shooting slugs it was all over the map. Both of the above i sold. I never liked the 10/22 accuracy, being the less expensive Marlin 60 will bury a 10/22 right out of the box, sold that too.

My 10/22 takedown doesn't like 36 grain mini mags at all. Around 1.5-2" at 50 yards. With 40 grain CCI and other federals, some winchester stuff it does much better.

I never could get a 10/22 to shoot well, weather it was box stock, or tricked out, they never could shoot very well. Only semi auto that ever did was a Thompson Center benchmark that ran circles around every 10/22 I ever ran into! Sadly, that one went away as well!:(
img_8526.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
Not mine:

I shot a California compliant gun once and my Levis turned into spandex and my topknot turned into a man-bun. I don't really know how it shot because I tossed it in the crick.

Striker-fired pistols I found tough to shoot coming from hammer-fired.
You're partially charging the striker spring along with other things going on during the trigger pull.
Righties tend to hit to the left.

I never liked the 10/22 accuracy, being the less expensive Marlin 60 will bury a 10/22 right out of the box, sold that too.

I bought an old, rusted, dirty beater 10/22 at a yard sale for $20 long ago. Put a new bull barrel on it, a kevlar stock, a cheap bushnell scope, installed an upgraded trigger group, polished that to take out scratchiness, installed a plastic recoil bushing, and I'm thinking about upgrading the bolt catch/release... I love that gun! It is so accurate and fun to shoot. Metal silhouette, ground squirrels, rock chucks, paper... it takes em all!!!!!

Striker-fired pistols I found tough to shoot coming from hammer-fired.
You're partially charging the striker spring along with other things going on during the trigger pull.
Righties tend to hit to the left.

Same as a revolver but shorter and lighter pull. The trick is to clean up the trigger components and not to oversqueeze with the finners of the strong hand during trigger "press". My wife owns a Taurus 605 .357 that started with a 12lb trigger pull... I put a 6lb Wolfe trigger spring in it but kept getting light primer strikes... installed the 9lb spring that came with the kit... still has a long trigger pull but it's smooth as butter with a crisp break and I shoot it really well. Stock striker triggers are typically not to great, but it's not much work to fix.

I found going from a 1911/2011 SA trigger to a striker trigger was very challenging. I still miss my Para P14 with the 2lb trigger. :D

I bought an old, rusted, dirty beater 10/22 at a yard sale for $20 long ago. Put a new bull barrel on it, a kevlar stock, a cheap bushnell scope, installed an upgraded trigger group, polished that to take out scratchiness, installed a plastic recoil bushing, and I'm thinking about upgrading the bolt catch/release... I love that gun! It is so accurate and fun to shoot. Metal silhouette, ground squirrels, rock chucks, paper... it takes em all!!!!!
This reminds me of a story about the editors at a well-known prestigious publication. Their attitude towards many authors' submissions was said to be something like this: "There's nothing wrong with this article that couldn't be fixed merely by replacing every word with some other word."

Same as a revolver but shorter and lighter pull. The trick is to clean up the trigger components and not to oversqueeze with the finners of the strong hand during trigger "press". My wife owns a Taurus 605 .357 that started with a 12lb trigger pull... I put a 6lb Wolfe trigger spring in it but kept getting light primer strikes... installed the 9lb spring that came with the kit... still has a long trigger pull but it's smooth as butter with a crisp break and I shoot it really well. Stock striker triggers are typically not to great, but it's not much work to fix.

I found going from a 1911/2011 SA trigger to a striker trigger was very challenging. I still miss my Para P14 with the 2lb trigger. :D
I'm studying the inner workings of the Glock trigger system and am down to 2lb-12oz with all safeties working.
The last little trick I need to do is work the channel liner/spring retainer interface.
I wouldn't do the trickery on a carry gun, but I now have a G19 that I can shoot.

Last Edited:
This reminds me of a story about the editors at a well-known prestigious publication. Their attitude towards many authors' submissions was said to be something like this: "There's nothing wrong with this article that couldn't be fixed merely by replacing every word with some other word."

And yet I started out with a $20 hunk of junk. For the price of a new boxed 10/22 I have a perfectly wonderful shooter.:D Would I spend that kind of money on a new boxed 10/22 to replace all those parts... nope! But fixing the trigger can be done w/o even replacing any parts at all, and the plastic recoil buffer is made from a $1.20 3' long plastic dowel.

Lotsa firearms benefit from upgrades... for instance I wouldn't even think of shooting a stock 1911 or AR.

That story reminds me of my own writing... I often replace all the words before I am done and it still turns out indecipherable. ;):D

I'm studying the inner workings of the Glock trigger system and am down to 2lb-12oz with all safeties working.
The last little trick I need to do is work the channel liner/spring retainer interface.
I wouldn't do the trickery on a carry gun, but I now have a G19 that I can shoot.

Good work!!! The channel liner was certainly a big surprise to me... a wtf moment... seems kinda rinky dink. I had heated up the slide to remove the rear sight that some jerk put some kind of sight weld on, and the heat made the pistol not fire, zorched the plastic channel liner. :rolleyes:

I'm down to 3lbs w/o replacing any springs. Just the upgraded connector and a polish job. Used a jewelers file to take the rough surface off where the trigger bar holds the striker firing pin, being very careful to maintain the original angle (not much different than filing a sear on a 1911). Used synthetic grease on all mating surfaces, especially where the connector slides against the trigger bar. Point being, both my competition and my carry guns have rx'd that treatment... I'm happy with it and confident in the safety aspects.

My understanding is that if one starts messing with the trigger springs, one get kerfewied fairly quick. I don't think I carry one that had the springs messed with.

Good work!!! The channel liner was certainly a big surprise to me... a wtf moment... seems kinda rinky dink. I had heated up the slide to remove the rear sight that some jerk put some kind of sight weld on, and the heat made the pistol not fire, zorched the plastic channel liner. :rolleyes:

I'm down to 3lbs w/o replacing any springs. Just the upgraded connector and a polish job. Used a jewelers file to take the rough surface off where the trigger bar holds the striker firing pin, being very careful to maintain the original angle (not much different than filing a sear on a 1911). Used synthetic grease on all mating surfaces, especially where the connector slides against the trigger bar. Point being, both my competition and my carry guns have rx'd that treatment... I'm happy with it and confident in the safety aspects.

My understanding is that if one starts messing with the trigger springs, one get kerfewied fairly quick. I don't think I carry one that had the springs messed with.
I did monkey with springs copying the Johnny Glock formula :

Wolff reduced power safety plunger spring (helps a tiny bit)
Wolff 4.5# (OEM is 5.5#) striker spring (helps a bunch and ignites CCI primers)
Trigger spring is left OEM at 5#
Also OEM "-" Minus Connector (helps a bunch)

What happens is Bubba does a 6# trigger spring and a 4# striker spring
Reset can become an issue with this set up

Last Edited:

I Actually had a very similar 10/22, but I had to put 500.00 for it to shoot as well as a 1990's Marlin 60.00 stock.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top