JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they mothballed the New Jersey around the year 2000 it sailed past the back of our house which had a view of the Carquinez Strait.
The only battleship that I have toured was back in 2010 we flew in to Honolulu and stayed a few days was the Missouri. My grandparents lived in Honolulu and we visited their grave sites and went to Pearl Harbor. We visted Honolulu several times while my grandparents were still alive as well. I have visited the USS Arizona memorial several times when we there in the past. But the Arizona memorial was closed so we saw the Missouri, the USS Bowfin submarine, and the submarine musuem instead. You could see the USS Arizona memorial from the Missouri.

Last Edited:
The only battleship that I have toured was back in 2010 we flew in to Honolulu and stayed a few days was the Missouri. My grandparents lived in Honolulu and we visited their grave sites and went to Pearl Harbor. We visted Honolulu several times while my grandparents were still alive as well. I have visited the USS Arizona memorial several times when we there in the past. But the Arizona memorial was closed so we saw the Missouri, the USS Bowfin submarine, and the submarine musuem instead. You could see the USS Arizona memorial from the Missouri.
I was stationed at Subase Pearl for 2 years. Saw the New Jersey tied up at Bravo pier when she was still commissioned in 1969. Saw the Apollo moon landing astronauts returned and unloaded off of the USS Hornet. Was aboard many subs in the course of my duties as a weapons guidance system tech.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top