JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't shoot my g20 well. My little 300 blk pistol is also a handful. Not particulary fond of revolvers for defense, as I shoot them very slow, but the accuracy is nice.

Glocks. Most double stack 45s. I have very small hands. Neither fit my hands right. Oddly enough the springfield mod 2 with the infamous grip zone is a double stack 45 I shoot well. However the xds 45 singlestack 3.3 I am lucky to hit a barn with.

I really wanted to love my PPK but the grip angle just made it no fun to shoot so I never shot well. Glocks now seem to fall into this category for me (no hate there! just not for me). l'm "blessed" with small hands so I shoot small guns well and even like to shoot my J frame.

Williamette, checking out a J frame (for value) for a friend of mine, what a neat pistol, never fired one. Kinda small for my hands, but I think as a back up snubby would be perfect. Try a Rock Island Officer size in .45 or Colt Commander, or Ruger 1911. Spad:cool:

:)

Guns that I've owned that went away due to shootability problems. Ruger LCP (Little Clown Pistol); Smith & Wesson Model 60 in .357 Mag; all the T/C Contenders I've ever owned; two Colt LW Commanders in .45 (anti-aircraft pistols). A couple of Ruger Single sixes that I just couldn't master, for some reason. My Vaqueros, no problem.

Some guns I know I couldn't shoot well so haven't bought them. Like the small frame Glock. I have two of the mid-size frame, no problem. Ditto any of the small frame 1911 types. If I have trouble with the .45 LW Commander, the little guys in .45 are a no brainer for me. But I have a Colt (steel frame) Commander in .38 Super, no problem.

1911 in .45 ACP, I don't shoot regularly so when I do, it takes me about 40 or 50 rounds to settle down and back into familiarity with it.

Rifles, I'm still doing well with most any of those considering old man weak eyesight. I had a .300 Wind Bag, that was way too much rifle for me, no fun at all and it didn't stick around here long. Lately, I'm not doing any centerfire over .223 due to vitreous separation in my left eye. I was told that for a time, I'm at elevated risk of retinal detachment and hefty recoil can be a cause of this. Look it up, it happens to shotgunners and people who fire high power centerfires. So I'm not shooting the M1 Garands for a while and I doubt I'll ever fire a non-gas action .30-06 again. Reduced loads in .308, .30-06 and 8mm Maus. again, maybe. I still have cans of SR 4759 that I loaded "8mm for girls" with and may use it once again. Significantly reduced loads don't work well (gas sealing problems) with my rifles chambered in 8x56R Austrian, those may sit for a good long while.

But as to accuracy with my centerfires, with old eyes and open sights I'm plenty happy to hit the six inch black ball at 100 yards and I can still do that. Mostly, that is.

M&P, I know you guys are talking about automatic pistols but when I see that, I think, .38 Special, Model 10. Which is one of the handguns that I shoot best. I can pick one of those up after not shooting one for a long time and right away, my bullets are going into the black. Target or service stocks, either work for me. I have a number of revolvers in this family in various calibers and they are treasures.

I'm not a match shooter. I'm what you might call a service grade shooter. If I can hit that black ball at 100 yards with a rifle, and at 25 yards with a handgun, that's good enough for defensive shooting for me.

I lament the guns I shot well and no longer possess. Winchester 9422 magnum, Walther TPH, S&W 648, FN Mauser 300 Win Mag.... and the list goes on.

Guns are like dogs, motorcycles and women. They come and they go.

(I know I'll gonna get in trouble for this long time saying of mine, but hey ladies, feel free to adapt to your own use.)
Conversely, motorcycles are like guns, dogs and women. They come and they go. (See, adaptable!) And so on.....

I forgot, but I don't shoot my 'lil NAA 22 Magnum all that well with stock, concealable grips, but I put oversize Walnut ones on and shoot it much better. The grips are nearly as big as the rest of the gun. Still concealable though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top