JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Sig P320 9mm compact when they first came out. No argument over reliability and quality but I just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I am in a similar situation with an FNS 40. I spent some time the other day with the FNS and after a few boxes of ammo got down to a respectable level of accuracy but I can just break out the CZ P01 and can nearly rip a big bubblegum in the center of the target.

I realize I shoot metal DA/SA pistols better but I do have other strikers I shoot OK. Walther PPQ for one. What do you do with nice guns you don't shot well with now but might figure out later? hang on or sell? Either way, I doubt I would sell until election politics play out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a terrible shot with a handgun. Can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside kinda bad.

They always (To my mind) had too serious of a purpose. So I stuck with bird guns and rifles.

I'm a terrible shot with a handgun. Can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside kinda bad.

They always (To my mind) had too serious of a purpose. So I stuck with bird guns and rifles.

Something inside me died just a little:(.

Buy a Ruger Mark 1/2/3/4 .22lr and take a class if you need to.

Kinda hard too CC a rifle legally;).

I'm going to have to be repetive, but pocket pistols just seem to be innaccurate. The savage 1907, I believe, shoots the best as far as I can tell. I'm better with autos than revolvers.
I can shoot a Krag, Garrand and AR fine, but that is my experience with rifles... oh, and a Ruger 10/22! I can shoot a 10/22 fine.
Shotguns, well I would worry if I couldn't hit a stationary target with one... need more practice on clays tho.
The Colt 1909 is probably the biggest gun I can't operate well, partially because it is too big!

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with my Mosin but a friend of mine can do wonderfully with it at 100 yards. I guess my eyes are just not good enough for that long of a sight picture. I am going to sell it.

HHhmmmmmm........ Guns that I dont shoot well........ Well, I do have a......no, nevermind, pretty darn good with that one. Oh, say, there is this one, well no, I'm pretty good with that too. Oh but there is this, well, scratch that, do pretty well with that one too.........

Oh nevermind, lol ................

Warning; The above post contains a high amount of levity.

Two pistols I couldn't shoot for crap:
  • HK USP 45 Tactical -- I couldn't see the target sights for dookie.
  • FN Hi Power -- I was terribly disappointed with myself that I couldn't shoot this one well at all. Gave it to my bro and he does great with it. Keeping it in the family....
Keep me in mind - it's on my bucket list;)
If you haven't seen or shot it, you should check out @Reno911's Mosin conversion. That thing is titz.

Two pistols I couldn't shoot for crap:
  • HK USP 45 Tactical -- I couldn't see the target sights for dookie.
  • FN Hi Power -- I was terribly disappointed with myself that I couldn't shoot this one well at all. Gave it to my bro and he does great with it. Keeping it in the family....
If you haven't seen or shot it, you should check out @Reno911's Mosin conversion. That thing is titz.
Not sure you can still call it a Mosin Nagant though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top