JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A writer in a major firearm's publication decried that polymer framed firearms are guns without a soul. He felt. that the only firearms with a soul, are metal framed firearms that will withstand the elements of time and provide a more enjoyable shooting experience are firearms like Browning Hi-powers, 1911's, wheel guns by Colt, Smith & Ruger and other similar firearms.

I like his argument. I also prefer shooting my metal framed firearms over my polymer framed guns.

What are your feelings?
I have both and do not own guns that I don't like.

I Wondered, reading this thread. So I went to the safe, opened it, and read Psalm 23.
They did not stir.
Pondering that they felt no need for hope, I flipped back to Psalm 22.
When finished, I'd swear I heard, "pssst, I'm your huckleberry."
Must have been the Blackhawk.

A long time ago , in what seems like a different world.....
When I was growing up , it was not unheard of to bring your firearm to church and have it and you blessed , just before hunting season opened.

While this is not to say that firearms have soul...but it does say something about the connection one can have to a firearm.
Andy

A long time ago , in what seems like a different world.....
When I was growing up , it was not unheard of to bring your firearm to church and have it and you blessed , just before hunting season opened.

While this is not to say that firearms have soul...but it does say something about the connection one can have to a firearm.
Andy
Andy,
Reading this post had my mind comparing you to Obi-Wan Kenobi from the first Star Wars movie. I so enjoy your posts. Thank-you Lennie

So your house doesn't have a soul, your grandmas house has no soul. how about a 200+ year old house............does it have soul? a house is a living breathing object because it is inhabited by people, a gun can be the same thing i think.
1649349185155.png

Aloha, Mark

A writer in a major firearm's publication decried that polymer framed firearms are guns without a soul. He felt. that the only firearms with a soul, are metal framed firearms that will withstand the elements of time and provide a more enjoyable shooting experience are firearms like Browning Hi-powers, 1911's, wheel guns by Colt, Smith & Ruger and other similar firearms.

I like his argument. I also prefer shooting my metal framed firearms over my polymer framed guns.

What are your feelings?
This is literally exactly the words I used when at an FFL in Portland where I sold my Glock 19 to a 21 yo Female. Its purely a tool and nothing more, and it will serve you great. Same way I feel about ARs. I own/have owned both. I used the money from the glock and bought a Swiss K31 with Diopters straight across. That gun has a soul, literally the tag under the butt plate was from a Swiss Olympic shooter.

This is literally exactly the words I used when at an FFL in Portland where I sold my Glock 19 to a 21 yo Female. Its purely a tool and nothing more, and it will serve you great. Same way I feel about ARs. I own/have owned both. I used the money from the glock and bought a Swiss K31 with Diopters straight across. That gun has a soul, literally the tag under the butt plate was from a Swiss Olympic shooter.
There's a great quote from Col Jeff Cooper in "the art of the rifle" book relating to this. Something about connection to the rifle as you hunt with it. Made sense to me at the time I read it. I need to dig that up and post here in the future.

There's a great quote from Col Jeff Cooper in "the art of the rifle" book relating to this. Something about connection to the rifle as you hunt with it. Made sense to me at the time I read it. I need to dig that up and post here in the future.
I have gotten to know tennis racquets, baseball gloves and golf clubs very well. None of them had souls. Even cars. Well, cars are different. :D

*No, they're not.

Score!

What are your feelings?
I mean I see the argument if you are into collecting stuff, appreciating fit and finish, getting ceramic coatings on your cars, fine craftsmanship, etc, then sure, the plastic guns have no soul.

I couldn't care less, frankly, and look at guns as defensive tools that will get banged up and scratched at the range, and acquire a different type of soul, that I'll appreciate.

I couldn't care less, frankly, and look at guns as defensive tools that will get banged up and scratched at the range, and acquire a different type of soul, that I'll appreciate.
Agree. And I'm thrilled you said "I COULDN'T care less!" One less cringe for the day! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top