JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess one could use the same argument for mechanical watches vs the run of the mill quartz watches. People like the human touch of making their prized possessions of sorts. As a formal trained watchmaker, I prefer mechanical time pieces, but I still like my "combat Tupperware" such as my Glocks, HK USPs and P30 guns etc. No right or wrong here, just about finding your passions and enjoying life's finer things.

Some people think that post-1964 Winchesters have no soul :rolleyes: :s0149:

Me...buy, shoot, sell, or pass whatever firearms you like.
BLASPHEMY!!!
The one I recently picked up was, presumably, being put together by people that would have been terribly upset at the bombing of Pearl Harbor just a barely a month/month and a half before.

I'm not looking to anthropomorphosize a tool designed and carried for killing people. If you need to add in extra steps involving sentimentality to justify why you like or dislike something, realize you're making an emotional argument. Emotional arguments are anecdotal at best and maliciously manipulative at worst. Do whatever you like, but using a gun as a fun transformer of money into noise versus a tool are very distinct. One requires no justification whatsoever and the other is predicated on pragmatism.

I once tried to get an Orthodox priest to bless my unit's firearms. He rather huffily refused, stating that it was the Church's business to promote peace, not conflict. Never mind what the Turks did to Constantinople or what the bolshies did to the Church......
I counter your Ramones with some Rage Against The Machine;
"Pistol grip pump on my lap at all times
They can be bubbleguming with other niggas bubblegum, but they can't be bubbleguming with mine"

The original is hip hop, the cover is by commie propagandists. I know what you mean though. I'm primarily a Brutal Death Metal purveyor and I can't comprehend how top 40 or modern Country is palatable.
I didn't think I could hate a band more than the Statler Brothers until hip-hop came along. :rolleyes: I have since learned that there is a "fusion" of hip-hop and country. My hate-your-band-o-meter now goes to12 instead of 11.

I didn't think I could hate a band more than the Statler Brothers until hip-hop came along. :rolleyes: I have since learned that there is a "fusion" of hip-hop and country. My hate-your-band-o-meter now goes to12 instead of 11.
My opinion ain't worth a god damn, and to that end- "there's a lid for every pot."

Soul in an inanimate object? Hmmm.

Well, I get where someone doesn't see any beauty in polymer compared to wood. Maybe the word should be beauty instead of soul.

I'd not stock my AR with wood, but I rather prefer my hunting rifle(s) in wood. I've not always felt this way and my main hunting rifles had worn polymer for years, but I started longing for the "old days" and switched back to wood.

I'm not looking to anthropomorphosize a tool designed and carried for killing people. If you need to add in extra steps involving sentimentality to justify why you like or dislike something, realize you're making an emotional argument. Emotional arguments are anecdotal at best and maliciously manipulative at worst. Do whatever you like, but using a gun as a fun transformer of money into noise versus a tool are very distinct. One requires no justification whatsoever and the other is predicated on pragmatism.
Keep working hard, and you'll be able to afford a nice gun someday.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top