JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agree. And I'm thrilled you said "I COULDN'T care less!" One less cringe for the day! :s0155:

It's nice to see others who appreciate proper grammar. The sad thing is that "could care less" has become such common usage that it's actually considered acceptable now.

I cringe when I hear it too, but don't want to be that guy…

I'm dead inside. I guess that answers the question as to why I will always carry and only carry a Glock. No emotion. No beauty. No "craftsmanship." Just a tool that will ALWAYS get the job done. I don't care about the "soul" of a firearm. I care about taking them if the circumstance appears.

23D76961-8BFD-4DD3-B18B-5990923092CF.jpeg

It's nice to see others who appreciate proper grammar. The sad thing is that "could care less" has become such common usage that it's actually considered acceptable now.

I could of used improper grammer, but chose not too.

"Decimate" is the one that bugs me. It's supposed to mean to reduce in number by 10%. People have mistaken it for "devastate" for so long that it's one of the definitions in most dictionaries now.

My Willys jeep is 74 years old and looks like this.

View attachment 1172663
I should have been more specific. Nice Willys! I have a buddy that found one in a field, had a propane engine in it. He trailered it home and called me to come help him. We got it running in a few hours and drove it up and down his street. It was in rough shape but still turned quite a few heads. :)

These things bother me. I struggle to use proper English. I mostly guess on a lot of things trying not to sound/read like a moron. I did poorly in school. All I've got is my smarts and decent intuition.

These things bother me. I struggle to use proper English. I mostly guess on a lot of things trying not to sound/read like a moron. I did poorly in school. All I've got is my smarts and decent intuition.
English professor in college, many, many, many years ago told me, to be successful with the written word, write as you speak. Things like punctuation will fall into place naturally, as we don't speak in run on sentences.

That last part was a dig on my verboseness…

I'll never understand this infatuation certain humans have with assigning emotional and personality traits to non-living objects.
Now when you're feelin' low and the fish won't bite You need a little bit o' soul to put you right You gotta make like you want to kneel and pray And then a little bit of soul will come your way...
Music Explosion from back in the (pre-Ramones) day..

The one that gets me is the little apostrophe, and the horrible things that people do to it all the time. Apostrophes are for contractions and possessives, not for plurals! (except things like numbers and letters)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top