JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking of selling a bunch of gun stuff that's been accumulated over the years, but it would be a major PITA to list stuff individually because there's so much.
My health is pretty bad (terminal) and I want to give the proceeds to my wife rather than have these things get sold at yard sale prices. I've got a bunch of parts as well as optics, lights and accessories, most of which are new.
I could really use some suggestions. Thanks gents.

As long as your listings are consistent with the categories in the classifieds there's no issue with listing multiple things in a single ad. For example, if you have a bunch of shotguns, put them all in one listing. If you have a bunch of handguns, put them all in one listing. Same with parts. That's probably your best bet when listing here on NWFA.

Depending on the total value , I would look to sell to one buyer. However if you have a huge amount of stuff I would sell it in lots.

Bad part of selling like this is the buyer is buying to make a profit so you won't get top dollar.

A lot of dealers buy estates but your family won't get as much.

Or

I have friends that have been selling our dead friends estate and his family gets all the money. You may ask trusted friends to sell you stuff.

Sorry about your health. I had a triple bypass last year. Does suck to find out you're not immortal anymore.
List as "GRAB BAG" X ducat$ for entire lot. Make it cheap and it'll fly out of your garage. Just be sure it's all legit. PAX

Sorry about your health. I had a triple bypass last year. Does suck to find out you're not immortal anymore.
If you don't want to post everything in an ad, just list it as a "GRAB BAG". If it's cheap enough it'll fly out of you garage. Make sure it's legit. PAX

Computer fart, dupe post. PAX

Last Edited:
From experience, I would say to break it up into chunks and make a couple of posts a week and list things, as individually as possible, or even if things could be grouped into related lots and sold that way.

Trying to find someone to buy a whole lot for a single price will be tough. Basically looking for that needle in the haystack that needs/wants everything in the lot or otherwise willing to relist unwanted parts. ... it would have to be fire-sale pricing for that scenario

- sell in smaller, related lots.
- go to the post office and grab a bunch of flat rate boxes (offer shipping to appeal to a wider pool of buyers) If getting to post office is a hassle, just pick one day a week to ship and list it in the ad.
- List the lots at reasonable prices, as you have time to do so, +actual shipping.

So sorry to hear of the health woes @GOG. :(

To answer your question, Numrich's is one way. You won't get top dollar, or even close to it, but it is super easy to dump parts that way. Box up the parts, include a letter with what your sending in, and a couple weeks later you get a check in the mail. Info here.

Anywho, hope that helps in some small way. Best of wishes to you and yours.

Sorry to hear about your health. There's two things for certain, death and taxes.

What kind of dollar value and list are we talking about here?

Thanks for your concern gentlemen, it's all good. I'm one of those guys sliding in saying "Whoo, what a ride!" I've been blessed and I'm grateful. No regerts. ;)

Sorry to hear about your health. There's two things for certain, death and taxes.

What kind of dollar value and list are we talking about here?
I dunno', parts enough to build four or five good quality ARs, a few tools, sights, optics, gun leather, slings, knives, etc. Most of the stuff is new.
I'm looking for feedback to figure out a way to accrue a lump sum rather than dribs and drabs. Maybe it can't be done.

Thanks for your concern gentlemen, it's all good. I'm one of those guys sliding in saying "Whoo, what a ride!" I've been blessed and I'm grateful. No regerts. ;)
Hello @GOG . Your body may be failing but your head appears to be healthy. May you enjoy every day you have left however few or many they be. (Sometimes people who are "terminal" live for much longer than anyone expects.) And when the time comes, may you have a good transition.

Carol

I guess it depends on what it is.

If it's just a bunch of small, common parts, I'd be more inclined to put it in a box and give it all to someone who can appreciate it than piece it out and try to sell it.

At this point, how much of your remaining time do you REALLY want to spend on this nonsense? Is a couple hundred bucks, if that, really going to make a difference?

The stuff you own ends up owning you.

I guess it depends on what it is.

If it's just a bunch of small, common parts, I'd be more inclined to put it in a box and give it all to someone who can appreciate it than piece it out and try to sell it.

At this point, how much of your remaining time do you REALLY want to spend on this nonsense? Is a couple hundred bucks, if that, really going to make a difference?

The stuff you own ends up owning you.
That's kind of what I was trying to get at. If we're talking a few hundred or a few thousand.

Hey GOG,

I wish I was closer. I wouldn't mind helping you out with inventory, getting adds posted, and having a drink. The easiest way would be to lay out the parts, place a number by the part, take a picture (or a few), and then give a brief title/price to correspond with that number. It's a bit of work, but you could get all your stuff listed in one add that way.

Cheers to you, and thanks for all the support.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews