JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of "my" most accurate or controlled shots is holding the trigger guard. I'm just trying to mess with different ways in holding the firearm thou I don't even know if it's the right way.
It sounds like it may be the shooter as opposed to the gun. If you don't shoot a lot, I'm guessing you're dropping the barrel in anticipation of the recoil. There was a gal Saturday doing that. She was splashing the steel below the target. I asked her if she wanted pointers, she did. So I told her to load one, shoot, then dry fire five. Rinse, repeat.

It sounds like it may be the shooter as opposed to the gun. If you don't shoot a lot, I'm guessing you're dropping the barrel in anticipation of the recoil. There was a gal Saturday doing that. She was splashing the steel below the target. I asked her if she wanted pointers, she did. So I told her to load one, shoot, then dry fire five. Rinse, repeat.
:s0092:
1711383020976.png

So to adjust the up and down, I have to physically lift or lower including cutting the rear sight if no space or needed?
If I were doing it on a gun that I cared about, I would replace the front sight with a shorter one. Dawson Precision has the sights (multiple types) and the detailed information of how to determine the exact height of sight you should order and offers a guarantee if the sight is still not correct...
I have also done as a previous poster mentioned by raising the "notch" of my rear sight with JB Weld and then file and paint it black; Ruger LCP Max aftermarket fiber optic sights...
As always it depends on the priorities of the individual. Different ammunition is going to have a different point of impact (that is the advantage of adjustable sights, but they have other disadvantages when used on a defensive gun). In defensive or target shooting the variable of different ammo is probably not enough to matter.

Before you start filing, or changing the sights:

Rest the barrel of the pistol on something solid while you're shooting.

The gun resting on something solid will keep any downward flinch from happening.

If the gun is still shooting low even when on a rest, it's time to adjust or replace sights.

You might also have a friend shoot the gun, and see if it shoots low for them. If it doesn't, then you might be aiming incorrectly.

Howdy... I was gonna ask you in the Dagger, what is the right way to adjust the height "up"?
Thanks. H

View attachment 1850306

So far I've seen no mention of the effect sight picture can have on point of impact. Your firearm is set up by the factory for combat hold or a target hold. Simply put, if you're using a different sight picture than the factory set up, then your point of impact will not be where you expect it to be.

I'll extract some portions from this site to explain the difference (the whole article is worth reading if you have the time & inclination).
  • Combat Hold (or Frame Hold) – The center of the front sight post completely covers the bullseye. If the sight is equipped with a dot, the center of the dot will cover the center of the bullseye.

Combat-Hold-905x1024-453x.jpg

• Center Hold – The top of the front sight post perfectly bisects the bullseye horizontally.

Center-Hold-1-910x1024-455x.jpg

• Six o'clock hold – The top of the front sight post sits directly underneath the bottom of the bullseye. For obvious reasons, this hold can also be referred to as a "lollipop hold" or "pumpkin on a stick".

O
6-O-clock-fixed-845x1024-423x.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR