JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A writer in a major firearm's publication decried that polymer framed firearms are guns without a soul. He felt. that the only firearms with a soul, are metal framed firearms that will withstand the elements of time and provide a more enjoyable shooting experience are firearms like Browning Hi-powers, 1911's, wheel guns by Colt, Smith & Ruger and other similar firearms.

I like his argument. I also prefer shooting my metal framed firearms over my polymer framed guns.

What are your feelings?

In 10,000 years we will all just be a layer of sediment. Shoot whatever you want now before it's too late.
And right there. Deep in the sediment. Will be a Glock 19! While at the same time, the wood and steel gun will be nothing but a black and dark brown stain in that sediment.

Blued steel and walnut firearms are lovingly crafted by their creators, master craftsmen in both wood and steel, carefully measuring, filing, fitting and finishing with great care and pride. This imbues them with a soul.

Plastic, aluminum, and matte-black firearms are mass-produced with molds and CNC machines, churned out by the millions with little or no human contact, much like the orcs from the mud of Middle Earth. They are made for only killing, and have no beauty or pride, hence no soul.

Just kidding!
Shoot what you like, what you enjoy and works best for you. In reality it's just a tool; any "soul" in an inanimate object is imputed by the user.

If they make guns out of fairy dust I could care less.....getting more people into guns is all that matters. If plastic is what they want give them plastic.

For the record I don't own any plastic handguns. I do have a few rifles with the synthetic stocks and I am okay with them for beat around guns but they do feel cheap in the hand.....because they are inexpensive guns.

I always felt right at home with 1911s and AKs, and always tell people that 1911s are the beginning of a lifelong addiction; whereas AKs are better than ARs. :D

I have to (edit) that I carry a polymer hi-cap because it is hi-cap and has the grip angle of a 1911. Thank you CZ-P09/-07!

I'll never understand this infatuation certain humans have with assigning emotional and personality traits to non-living organisms.
Don't you be sayin' my baby ('84 GMC 1500) doesn't have a soul! I've had her since she was new. And she treats me real good. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top