JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know.. I have to wonder if all the fear and hate towards specifically the AR15 is a result of the M16 and its involvement with Vietnam... and the ensuing Civil Rights thing, the Black Panthers, and the anti-war politics including gun control.. and exacerbated by the 90s-2000s use of such weapons by police departments (particularly LAPD)?

Edit. I mean it's largely the same group of people who were anti Vietnam War, anti draft, pro-hippie/free love, that also wholeheartedly included gun control after the Black Panther Party's shenanigans......

You know.. I have to wonder if all the fear and hate towards specifically the AR15 is a result of the M16 and its involvement with Vietnam... and the ensuing Civil Rights thing, the Black Panthers, and the anti-war politics including gun control.. and exacerbated by the 90s-2000s use of such weapons by police departments (particularly LAPD)?
Fear may be defined as a rational reaction , by the American Psychological Association , however...
In my experience many people tend to act irrational when they are afraid or afraid of something.

Speaking of rational and irrational....
Why do some people keep on trying the same actions over and over...and are surprised when they get the same results...?
Actions as in ...more and more firearm bans , restrictions and the like...yet ...somehow...violence , crime , harm , etc..keeps happening.
If you want different results ...you gotta do something different.
So maybe quit trying to ban and restrict firearms...and try something different.

Please note that the above ain't directed at you...just that your use of the word "fear" got me thinking....
Andy

Why do some people keep on trying the same actions over and over...and are surprised when they get the same results...?
Actions as in ...more and more firearm bans , restrictions and the like...yet ...somehow...violence , crime , harm , etc..keeps happening.
So maybe quit trying to ban and restrict firearms...and try something different.
Because they are getting exactly the results they really want, not the results they claim to want. Less and less firearm freedom and ownership is the goal, less crime is the false mantra they play for the sheeple to get it.

1689038524527.png

1689038917290.png

1689038962157.png

1689038378920.png

1689038448936.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The greatest danger America faces from an "ism" is from Elitism. Elitists think that they are wiser, know more, are more clear thinking, and that their ideas are better than anyone else's. They consider the Constitution an obsolete document that interferes with the imposition of their perfect ideas on the ignorant public. The public is made up of deplorable people who resist their superior ideas, and they fully endorse the use of force to impose those ideas. Those who oppose their superior ideas are "terrorists." The idea that these opponents might be armed strikes terror into their brains.

A misguided individual with a firearm can kill or destroy the lives of a few people. A misguided Elitist can kill or destroy the lives of hundreds of thousands or millions of people, and destroy a society.

Much of the same problems and vices are present today as they were in the days of John Adams...

"While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other "

Edit. I mean it's largely the same group of people who were anti Vietnam War, anti draft, pro-hippie/free love, that also wholeheartedly included gun control after the Black Panther Party's shenanigans......
Before the AR15 the libs went after handguns, Saturday night specials they called them. Big push to get rid of imported guns in the 1960s. 68 gun control act was the foundation to build gun controls on. AR 15 is the target because everyone knows what an AR 15 looks like and the media pounds that propaganda to the public.

Before the AR15 the libs went after handguns, Saturday night specials they called them. Big push to get rid of imported guns in the 1960s. 68 gun control act was the foundation to build gun controls on. AR 15 is the target because everyone knows what an AR 15 looks like and the media pounds that propaganda to the public.
I did say specifically to AR15.

Well aware that they've always tried to go after cheap/affordable guns and handguns.. NFA 1934 drafts before it changed and passed had a pistol ban in it, that was why SBR and SBS and AOWs were included.. and all had language relating to concealability. GCA 1968 included an OAL lower limit for legal firearms to be considered "not concealable/NFA" items.. and they hit on 26" OAL for whatever reason.... but GCA made official the prohibited person class and the whole FFL thing. Biggest reason for many States and localities to create many things felony level criminal acts... again, impacting largely the poor and the non-whites :rolleyes:

The video has 2 major points. The first is a pending special legislative session in Tennessee regarding gun control, rumored to be specifically "red flag" laws. This is in response to the recent Christian school massacre in Nashville perpetrated by a transgender. The second related point is regarding the refusal by authorities to release the "manifesto" written by the transgender. Many believe that the "manifesto" contains information that this attack was not something that would be solved with more gun laws, and was an act of domestic terrorism. There is evidence that this attack may be attributed to the radicalization and arming of some LGBQwhatever and other extreme leftist communities.

The greatest danger America faces from an "ism" is from Elitism. Elitists think that they are wiser, know more, are more clear thinking, and that their ideas are better than anyone else's. They consider the Constitution an obsolete document that interferes with the imposition of their perfect ideas on the ignorant public. The public is made up of deplorable people who resist their superior ideas, and they fully endorse the use of force to impose those ideas. Those who oppose their superior ideas are "terrorists." The idea that these opponents might be armed strikes terror into their brains.

A misguided individual with a firearm can kill or destroy the lives of a few people. A misguided Elitist can kill or destroy the lives of hundreds of thousands or millions of people, and destroy a society.
You're right, the "elite" are the government class and more have been hired than any other sector recently for some strange reason.

I did say specifically to AR15.

Well aware that they've always tried to go after cheap/affordable guns and handguns.. NFA 1934 drafts before it changed and passed had a pistol ban in it, that was why SBR and SBS and AOWs were included.. and all had language relating to concealability. GCA 1968 included an OAL lower limit for legal firearms to be considered "not concealable/NFA" items.. and they hit on 26" OAL for whatever reason.... but GCA made official the prohibited person class and the whole FFL thing. Biggest reason for many States and localities to create many things felony level criminal acts... again, impacting largely the poor and the non-whites :rolleyes:
Just my understanding of history, the great depression was going on and the government used the criminal acts to create gun controls like the NFA. Would all the crime have happened if the government hadn't created the great depression? Would we be having the crime wave we have now if the government hadn't created the conditions?

AR 15 came out to the public in the sixties, if you look back at the gangs in those days the 30M1 carbine was a favorite criminal weapon. Yet the public didn't get the full propaganda on the M1 carbine like the AR 15 is getting. Like you say, the AR is more recognized, media makes sure of that.

Last Edited:
Just my understanding of history, the great depression was going on and the government used the criminal acts to create gun controls like the NFA. Would all the crime have happened if the government hadn't created the great depression? Would we be having the crime wave we have now if the government hadn't created the conditions?
All Good questions. Honestly, I'd like to say... no.. but understand that places like Chicago have long been under control of one particular Party that has never been friendly to guns in the hands of the peons, slaves, or subjects.

AR 15 came out to the public in the sixties, if you look back at the gangs in those days the 30M1 carbine was a favorite criminal weapon. Yet the public didn't get the full propaganda on the M1 carbine like the AR 15 is getting. Like you say, the AR is more recognized, media makes sure of that.
Probably because just 10-20 years prior, the M1 Carbine was issued to men from the Greatest Generation and the Forgotten Generation (Korea War veterans, pre Baby boomers)...

The M16/AR15 came out that time yes. It was nearly universally hated by older guys who preferred the wood and blued steel of guns prior, and those who thinks a good cartridge should start with a 3 (.30-06) and that a varmint rifle should have never been military issued... you still can see the same myths repeated for a long time about the AR15s being prone to jams, having crappy ballistics, branches and leaves deflecting the small rounds, having no real knockdown power, and looking ugly compared to M1 Garand and M14s :rolleyes: but honestly, I think a large part of the anti2a Party's old faithful hatred towards the AR stems from the fact that the M16 debuted and became one of the symbols of Vietnam... and the symbol of "American Imperialism".

All Good questions. Honestly, I'd like to say... no.. but understand that places like Chicago have long been under control of one particular Party that has never been friendly to guns in the hands of the peons, slaves, or subjects.

Probably because just 10-20 years prior, the M1 Carbine was issued to men from the Greatest Generation and the Forgotten Generation (Korea War veterans, pre Baby boomers)...

The M16/AR15 came out that time yes. It was nearly universally hated by older guys who preferred the wood and blued steel of guns prior, and those who thinks a good cartridge should start with a 3 (.30-06) and that a varmint rifle should have never been military issued... you still can see the same myths repeated for a long time about the AR15s being prone to jams, having crappy ballistics, branches and leaves deflecting the small rounds, having no real knockdown power, and looking ugly compared to M1 Garand and M14s :rolleyes: but honestly, I think a large part of the anti2a Party's old faithful hatred towards the AR stems from the fact that the M16 debuted and became one of the symbols of Vietnam... and the symbol of "American Imperialism".
:D until the glock came along...:s0149:

I'm not sure it is irrational to keep being told that certain mass murders are all connected by the same weapon, and then find that weapon distasteful.

People that are pro AR15 say that it has the high capacity, low recoil and a cartridge that is much more effective than pistol rounds, making it a perfect self defense tool.

People that are pro AR15 object when anti-gunners claim that it has the high capacity, ease of use and lethality that makes it a perfect mass murder weapon.

Lying antis!

Handguns are the vast majority of guns used in homicides according to the FBI. most of the active shooter situations as defined by the FBI in 2021... involved handguns.

Fear may be defined as a rational reaction , by the American Psychological Association , however...
In my experience many people tend to act irrational when they are afraid or afraid of something.

Speaking of rational and irrational....

Please note that the above ain't directed at you...just that your use of the word "fear" got me thinking....
Andy
It's a national irrational rationale….

Repeat that six times, three times as fast…. and no, that doesn't equal x18 speed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top