JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered some Talon grip tape for the Hi Point 40 JCP, it has some texture, but feels almost smooth, need a little more traction. I ordered their 'Moss' version which is pretty close to FDE to me, Turn my Hi Point into a sexy beauty.

Within the last week I bought three items.

1. One of those World's Cheapest Trimmers. Got one in .223 to see if I like it. Don't have any to trim right now, so haven't tried it yet. Hard to imagine that I'm caught up on .223 but there it is. I'd like to see one of these with a three facet cutter that trims, chamfers and deburrs all at the same time.

2. Extended magazine release for one of my Glocks, I want to try it out. If I like it, I'll order another one for Glock #2.

3. A pair of custom made but not fancy grips for my Smith & Wesson Model 639. When I unpacked them this morning, they still smelled of wood stain.

Well, this is both arrivals and in-transit, but...
>C8: Bolt carrier arrived and added to parts box. Sling swivel to attach "maintenance log" flashdrive on the way.
>M4: Bolt carrier arrived and added to parts box. Frag pouches arrived and added to LBE. Sling swivel to attach "maintenance log" flashdrive on the way.
>Mk 18: Sling swivel to attach "maintenance log" flashdrive on the way.
>General/overhead/workbench supplies: Spare flashdrives and micro-USB adapters to plug them into tablet on the way. Plenty of Harbor Freight keytags on hand awaiting drives and sling swivels.
Update: C8 "logbook" awaiting retrieval from gunsmith, M4 "logbook" installed, Mk 18 logbook assembled waiting to have data loaded and then be installed.

Steel trigger housing

63A9E206-3E70-47DA-A81F-30D3BF339C03.jpeg

Trigger pack is next to useless (can't use it,
can't legally use it, but can own it). Just wanted the trigger housing.

Last Edited:
Visiting godson at Ft. Bragg. Amazing number of gun shops and pawn shops that are largely gun shops. FWIW prices are pretty much the same here as in Vancouver. But the selection is immense.
Bought a Vortex t shirt.

Found a Tikka T1x in 17 HMR.

Also picked up (1000) Berry's 124 gr 9mm bullets at Cabelas in Tualatin. Being from the middle of no where, it isn't very often I can walk out of a store with a bulk box of bullets like this. I know I could get them cheaper online but shipping does become an issue. That being said, I left the store with my bullets fairly put off. The young gentleman that checked me out was required to see my ID since I was buying ammo. I asked if he was serious (for a couple of reasons). First I said its not ammo. He said that is what his computer told him to do. I complied but I believe I asked him if he was serious again since I am a 48 year old man with a predominantly grey beard. :rolleyes:

Well, a Marlin 1895G tried to follow me home yesterday, but with Washington's new check system, I was put on wait / Hold for the first time in 50+ years of buying firearms! Now, waiting for the pickup call, no time estimation. GRRRR!

Well, a Marlin 1895G tried to follow me home yesterday, but with Washington's new check system, I was put on wait / Hold for the first time in 50+ years of buying firearms! Now, waiting for the pickup call, no time estimation. GRRRR!

No laws went into effect that change the process for lever action purchasing.

Finnish Mosin Nagant M-39, 1941 VKT.

I bought it from a Range Guy in Bend, who says it is very accurate. Bought it on Friday, taking it out today to do some plinking. Going to get it to the range soon. Pictures later. :)

How the heck did that happen?
I-1639 had no restriction/waiting period on manually operated rifles.
Are they waiting for your check to clear or something equally ridiculous?
Otherwise you should have been able to walk out with it.

You can have a hold placed on the 4473 also

Bought a couple of boxes of 20 ga. and 12 ga. from a seller on the classifieds (on Northwest Firearms) The price was better than what I usually find at a gunshow.

Aloha, Mark

Apparently the method of background checks has changed, no more NICS, they go through a State Exchange that routes the check to the proper County or local FBI. At least, that is what was explained too me.

Apparently the method of background checks has changed, no more NICS, they go through a State Exchange that routes the check to the proper County or local FBI. At least, that is what was explained too me.
Levers, shotguns, and bolt guns, along with others still go through nics. That being said a hold can still be placed on your transfer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top