JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered TruGlo Tru Tec 20mm red dot (looks identical to the Holosun 403G) on Monday. Hope it gets here by Friday. I want to put it on the Troy Industries AR15 I bought the week after the Orlando shooting (I was anticipating panic buying). Hoping to sight it in this weekend. Shhhhhh. Don't tell my wife.;)

Had been meaning to build an AR-15 for a while now. My cousin who is special forces in the Army and his platoon put together a "do it yourself list" for an AR-15 that is supposed to be super-accurate and reliable for under $700. Needless to say, I have been a lazy butt about getting all the parts. After the Orlando shooting occured and realizing my inherent laziness on things that take longer than 5 minutes to accomplish, I just went online and bought a Colt LE6920 with Magpul furniture and a tactical scope. Arrived a week ago. Problem solved. Would still like to build my own, but that may not happen until I retire :)

Had been meaning to build an AR-15 for a while now. My cousin who is special forces in the Army and his platoon put together a "do it yourself list" for an AR-15 that is supposed to be super-accurate and reliable for under $700. Needless to say, I have been a lazy butt about getting all the parts. After the Orlando shooting occured and realizing my inherent laziness on things that take longer than 5 minutes to accomplish, I just went online and bought a Colt LE6920 with Magpul furniture and a tactical scope. Arrived a week ago. Problem solved. Would still like to build my own, but that may not happen until I retire :)

I think you did the right thing. I should, as I went the same route :)

From what I hear you can't really go wrong with a Colt 6920, and I'm leaving is as it is (aside from an Aimpoint Pro) to keep it that way. Once I get my NWFA lower I'll build that and use the Colt for reference :)

I think you did the right thing. I should, as I went the same route :)

From what I hear you can't really go wrong with a Colt 6920, and I'm leaving is as it is (aside from an Aimpoint Pro) to keep it that way. Once I get my NWFA lower I'll build that and use the Colt for reference :)

I did the same research and even though the colt was more than I wanted to spend, the feedback was you could flip it easily and for a good price if needed. Not the case with other brands.

I did the same research and even though the colt was more than I wanted to spend, the feedback was you could flip it easily and for a good price if needed. Not the case with other brands.

That's very true. I'm not knowledgeable enough on AR's to know which 'premium brands' are worth the money, but if I see a deal on a 6920 I start telling my friends.

I thought I was going to buy an assembled AR rifle but somehow I ended up ordering:
-Spike's Tactical 16" mid length upper receiver w/ MOE foregrip
-Spike's Tactical stripped lower receiver
-Spike's tactical buffer tube kit w/ T2 buffer
-Spike's lower parts kit
-Magpul ACS-L stock, mil-spec
-Magpul aluminum trigger guard
-Troy folding rear battle sight
-ambi safety
-CA bullet button
-Magpul M3 10 rd. mags (3)

Did I miss anything to complete my build?

Geno

14054986_1199038356815573_3517192698852064411_n.jpg
I finished the build last night- I go back up this Monday, and I'm test firing her up in OR.

Last Edited:
I thought I was going to buy an assembled AR rifle but somehow I ended up ordering:
-Spike's Tactical 16" mid length upper receiver w/ MOE foregrip
-Spike's Tactical stripped lower receiver
-Spike's tactical buffer tube kit w/ T2 buffer
-Spike's lower parts kit
-Magpul ACS-L stock, mil-spec
-Magpul aluminum trigger guard
-Troy folding rear battle sight
-ambi safety
-CA bullet button
-Magpul M3 10 rd. mags (3)

Did I miss anything to complete my build?

Geno
I am assuming that the upper came with a bolt and carrier, and charging handle?

Nice Joe. I have one of those that I use for ammo after I bought a bigger safe. I have the small one that fits on top too.

How are they for stacking ammo, only the one small shelf, just end up with stacked ammo boxes inside?

That's what I'll be using it for.

Costco's been selling new steel ammo cans for 2 for $20 in both 30 and 50 cal sizes (if you need any).

Yeah i grabbed one of those can sets, i basically have MTM cans for everything though. I'd like a cabinet to put them in, but it seems too much like Russian dolls to be worth it.

That's what I'll be using it for.

Costco's been selling new steel ammo cans for 2 for $20 in both 30 and 50 cal sizes (if you need any).
Thanks! I just stopped and picked up a set. I was about to spend $20 on a used one through Craigslist. Now I have two new ones for the same price.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top