JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Showed up today and background check done.:s0115:

20220822_183832.jpg

Picked up this little (1899-1903) Imperial in .38 s&w on gunbroker, it was one of the names that Hopkins and Allen sold under.

I can't wait to bring it home and clean it up.

20220826_162256.jpg

I have one that looks like it that was made by H&R. It is a few years newer and has a bolt and the bolt notches in the cylinder so it is safe with smokeless powder. A lot of these type guns were black powder only of which yours looks to be. I also have several .32 S&W black powder only top breaks, one of which is an over 100 year old Hopkins and Allen that looks almost new. I wouldn't shoot anything but black powder loads in your revolver. I would hate to see anyone that is a member of this forum get hurt. Have fun with it but be careful at the same time.

I was at the range today and picked up a bunch of free .223 used brass that I found in the grass. BTW, I also found some unfired rounds in the grass too. Which prompted me to think......

IF.......it happened in CA?

Would I have to get a permit to pick them up first?

And/or.......if I happened to use them illegally (to do some evil deed).......could the person who dropped them be held liable?

Aloha, Mark

I have one that looks like it that was made by H&R. It is a few years newer and has a bolt and the bolt notches in the cylinder so it is safe with smokeless powder. A lot of these type guns were black powder only of which yours looks to be. I also have several .32 S&W black powder only top breaks, one of which is an over 100 year old Hopkins and Allen that looks almost new. I wouldn't shoot anything but black powder loads in your revolver. I would hate to see anyone that is a member of this forum get hurt. Have fun with it but be careful at the same time.
No worries, I'm a top break collector. This is indeed a blackpowder revolver, it would have the caliber on the side of the barrel if it was the 1904-1909 smokeless version.

308 sizing die, 1k .452 gas checks and 300gr .452 mold for 460 S&W, holster for Hellcat, 1500 40cal bullets, as well as .452 sizing die for said gas checks. Plus, bought a stripped lower (Anderson) for my sons birthday AR present. I ordered a wood set of Boyd's AR furniture for it on Wednesday. Should keep the delivery person busy.

Pawn shop trolling yesterday I found an M & P Performance Center 40L FS ported (barrel & slide) pistol w/ an optic cut. Also had with it 3 (15 rd) mags, a compensator, another complete slide and the original black barrel. Paid $700 but original value was around $1300.

Probably don't need it but….

Update: Jump to post # 7,769

3BEFAA84-4DFE-45B8-990F-9A46C7EAFCA9.jpeg

Last Edited:
I was at the range today and picked up a bunch of free .223 used brass that I found in the grass. BTW, I also found some unfired rounds in the grass too. Which prompted me to think......

IF.......it happened in CA?

Would I have to get a permit to pick them up first?

And/or.......if I happened to use them illegally (to do some evil deed).......could the person who dropped them be held liable?

Aloha, Mark
In short, Yes. Of course they'll ban all black rifles (color is racist). That means that if you own .223 brass or bullets you'll go to jail.

Ok I will do the sad of what I took home today. The gentleman that owned this originally passed away and his friend sold it to the shop. They said it was awkward because friend was upset. Rightfully so…

Ok now to the good stuff. I went to the shop and employee said that they had a semi auto deer hunting rifle. I of course said this I have to see.

So… he hands it to me. First thing I noticed is the fluted stainless steel barrel. It's lasered with Rainier symbol and has 6.5 Grendel. Then I noticed the Aero Precision gas block. Then I saw the JP Enterprise Low Mass Operating Systems BCG. Getting excited yet? Me too lol. But that's where I saw the Unbranded AR polymer lower. The Firefield hand guard. The UTG scope rings. The ATI upper receiver. The weird nickel trigger and hammer. The maybe Firefield scope. The maybe Magpul flip up sights. Then I thought well it has Magpul SL-S stock and grip in ODG.

So now I'm like how much? He told me and I bought it. Might be a Franken-AR but I paid the price of the JP LMOS BCG and everything else was FREE!!! Yep you do the math! Tax rifle etc…

Already upgraded her! Aero lower. VLTOR buffer, extended buffer tube, spring, Rise Armament Rave trigger, and BFG sling. Next is ATI upper receiver, Firefield hand guard and scope. Then it's Cerakote and done! 5251D82B-52DF-4423-83A8-2408DD764343.jpeg A7ECDC87-CEF5-4798-A113-11ABB12EF624.jpeg 3E41BAA7-2855-4442-8DB6-D91A8B6E57BD.jpeg 5248FA44-E5BB-4B35-9E4B-D7DF6E42254D.jpeg 1E61BC6F-D909-469A-BEA8-02D4D1E7A208.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews