JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't understand the whole recall thing on ground beef and chicken. It's assumed that it's got it and you should cook it all of the way through.

I don't understand the whole recall thing on ground beef and chicken. It's assumed that it's got it and you should cook it all of the way through.
IIRC, the concern is "how much" does it have. Meaning bellow a certain "number" of colony growing units per whatever weight level is fine. Above whatever level is not fine/more difficult to cook safely.

Washing your hands immediately after handling, and any utensils and prep surfaces right after contact is critical as well. Toss any packaging in a separate bag.

Ground beef needs to be cooked to a minimum of 160°.

You can kill all the pathogens you want.
If they've had any time to breed, generate metabolic waste and die , it will be pointless.
The dead bodies and microorganism poo are what will make you sick. Impossible to cook out those toxins.

Washing your hands immediately after handling, and any utensils and prep surfaces right after contact is critical as well. Toss any packaging in a separate bag.

Ground beef needs to be cooked to a minimum of 160°.
Which is why I don't understand the whole recall thing.

Interesting, the e-coli thing. And I'll be the first to profess I'm mostly ignorant of food poisonings, other than I do my best to prevent it.

That aside, my Wife recently was diagnosed with pneumonia and an infection. The daktari prescribed three different anti biotics to be picked up at the local pharmacy. That was the only message from his office.

A few days later, Clackamas County called my Wife, tracking her to see if the anti biotics were taking care of her e-coli. The daktari never told her what kind of infection she had.

The county was also interested if we'd been out of the country, which we had. But I never got sick.

Last Edited:
It's not, but it's the best a lot of people out there can afford and is still a bubblegum-ton better than eating fast-food.

It's not my cup of tea either, but the big tube-o-meat has it's place.
FATAL agrees

If only we had the resources to put more money and emphasis on quality farming, agriculture, meat, etc... 🙃 (heavy sarcasm for anyone who missed it)

20240222_222308.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads